Why I googled for a forum like this.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

irrakatze

I am currently a 20 year old college student in Mechanical Engineering. I am one of two girls in the program and I don't get along with the other. I find it hard to talk to any of the guys because they are either cracking jokes about me being a chick, looking at my boobs, or ignoring me and treating me like honeysuckle because I got better than them on the last welding assignment.

I have a boyfriend and we live together but we have hit rough times since he broke up with me in January (while we were living together and shared a lease that both our names were on) and a week later slept with one of his friends from school. We ended up getting back together but as you can imagine I have some trust issues and I sometimes regret getting back together even though I really do love him.

I have no friends outside of school. The only people I hang out with are my boyfriends friends and they just hang out with me out of default. I blew a great friendship last year and I haven't been able to get close to anyone other then my boyfriend since. We did everything together and now that she is no longer in my life I feel as if I don't have anyone to talk to. I just can't be as personal with anyone else.

I used to have a lot of friends online who I could talk to when there wasn't anyone close to me who could help me bare my burdens and I just thought that maybe I could make some friends who would or could be there when I needed to talk or just when I'm bored out of my mind and need an escape.

Even if I've just found a place where I can kill time than thats good too.

irrakatze said:
I am currently a 20 year old college student in Mechanical Engineering. I am one of two girls in the program and I don't get along with the other. I find it hard to talk to any of the guys because they are either cracking jokes about me being a chick, looking at my boobs, or ignoring me and treating me like honeysuckle because I got better than them on the last welding assignment.

I have a boyfriend and we live together but we have hit rough times since he broke up with me in January (while we were living together and shared a lease that both our names were on) and a week later slept with one of his friends from school. We ended up getting back together but as you can imagine I have some trust issues and I sometimes regret getting back together even though I really do love him.

I have no friends outside of school. The only people I hang out with are my boyfriends friends and they just hang out with me out of default. I blew a great friendship last year and I haven't been able to get close to anyone other then my boyfriend since. We did everything together and now that she is no longer in my life I feel as if I don't have anyone to talk to. I just can't be as personal with anyone else.

I used to have a lot of friends online who I could talk to when there wasn't anyone close to me who could help me bare my burdens and I just thought that maybe I could make some friends who would or could be there when I needed to talk or just when I'm bored out of my mind and need an escape.

Even if I've just found a place where I can kill time than thats good too.

Hello and welcome to our humble home, err forum. I can relate to the losing your friends, blowing friendships and then only having your Significant other to keep you company (and sane)
Trust is hard to put back into a relationship/friendship.. once it's broken.. there's always a scar.. it can fade.. and fade.. and fade.. but you'll always be aware of it. Not to sound pessimistic, but you learn if you can bare the uncertainity or not and make your decision from there.
We are all a friendly bunch here. Everyone has a story, but just remember, I think most of us are all here for the same reason, to give support and friendship when at these times we need it the most.
Losing someone you invested all your trust all of you into is extremely rough. Take it slow and little things..before building up.

D.I.

Hi- nice to have you here. I think a lot of people here have made some good friends, so you could too. Just keep talking and listening, and you'll get to know plenty of people here. Too bad real life can be a little bit harder. I remember thinking a lot of the guys I went to college with were really immature. Hopefully most of them grew out of it. Just hang on.

Welcome irrakatze

I can actually understand what ur goin through. I took engineering in college and there were only three girls in my class. They got alot of crap for no reason. I think most engineering students are the nerdy anti-socials from thier school so its easier for them to alienate girls then try to befriend them (especially when theyre in small #s).

I also know what its like to lose trust in someone you love. I hate to say it but once its gone, its gone. I really dont think its the kind of thing you fix.

I'm sorry youre lonely. I really wish i had better to offer than that.

Heres a lil lonely calc statement that only another enginner may understand-
The limit as my sadness goes to infinity of the function of my life is equal to zero :(

We too have very few girls in our Engineering departments, but here everyone is trying to approach them. :D It's kinda funny how the "nerdy" shy girls from high school have become like princesses here, surrounded by the anti-social boys.

Anyway, sad to hear that you don't have many "own" friends. Have you checked out if there are any activity groups consisting only of Engineering girls? We have a couple of those, it's a great way for the few girls to meet and get friends (so I've heard).

Latest posts

Back