Would you ever?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hearmenow2012

Reaction score
Hello again everyone. I'm back after being absent.

My question is would you ever look for a casual encounter on a website such as craigs-list because I have considered it but I don't know if I'd go through with it?

I've always wanted to be in a committed relationship, however I was thinking that whilst I'm young and single I could have a bit of fun with no strings attached.

Have you ever done it and at what point did you decide that enough was enough?

Yes, I have all the time. Nothing wrong, we all have needs,right? But never had luck on cl believe it or not.

How old are you by the way? Um. How about tinder? Or bumble. They are a little bit better. I am from nyc. You would think cl would be a great place and easy to meet anyone. But I am convinced it is the same 5 people posting the same ads over and over again

Hearmenow2012 said:
I'm 24. Perhaps I'll have to check them out. I've heard of Tinder but not Bumble. It could be hit and miss I suppose.

Yeah do it. Let me know what you think

Not through Craigslist. It's safer to try something where you're probably getting someone's real photo and can text/call them, as well as to meet in a public space prior to inviting them into your home or going into theirs. Not everyone is trustworthy. You have all your life to have sex, but some mistakes are lifelong.

My personal experience was that being on the platonic section you meet more people there, the romance section is shady and there always seems to be a catch. But in the platonic section people are just looking to hang out, if something more happens then fine. I met both men and women in person from the platonic section, I did end up hooking up with one female and i was supposed to hook up with the other female too since that is what she told me she wanted to do, but i got cold feet with her and never got around to doing it.

If you do end up talking to someone just start off with hanging out and talking as friends, don't show any romantic interest at first even if you feel it, that could push the other person away. Good luck to you.

lilE said:
My personal experience was that being on the platonic section you meet more people there, the romance section is shady and there always seems to be a catch. But in the platonic section people are just looking to hang out, if something more happens then fine. I met both men and women in person from the platonic section, I did end up hooking up with one female and i was supposed to hook up with the other female too since that is what she told me she wanted to do, but i got cold feet with her and never got around to doing it.

If you do end up talking to someone just start off with hanging out and talking as friends, don't show any romantic interest at first even if you feel it, that could push the other person away. Good luck to you.

Hey, thanks for that platonic tip. You might be on to something..I forgot that that section exists 😀

That's what I am here for! to help :) What I did was just put an ad on the platonic section saying you are looking to hang out and make new friends, and people almost always respond to it, both men and women and it is legit. But always try to get to know them first, chat, skype, phone call, anything, once you are sure and everything feels safe, then you meet them in person. There are a lot of creeps and weirdos out there, like the guy that was trying to convince me to have a threesome with his gf lol and that's when i blocked him ;)

lilE said:
That's what I am here for! to help :) What I did was just put an ad on the platonic section saying you are looking to hang out and make new friends, and people almost always respond to it, both men and women and it is legit. But always try to get to know them first, chat, skype, phone call, anything, once you are sure and everything feels safe, then you meet them in person. There are a lot of creeps and weirdos out there, like the guy that was trying to convince me to have a threesome with his gf lol and that's when i blocked him ;)

Yes. From the looks of it, here in nyc it seems to be the same freaks in the platonic section. What can ya do??

Latest posts

Back