WTF (WHAT THE FRACTAL)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LGH1288

Reaction score
On my ALL profile is a "homepage" URL that demonstrates the visual beauty of "Phoenix" which is an example of a chaotically iterating "Julia Set" fractal. For an introductory discussion about fractals watch this video. An understanding and appreciation of fractals is a must for those of you who are interested in the cutting-edge world of computerized graphics and video game design. BTW, did you know that the antenna in your cell phone is based upon fractals? And that fractals are at the core of the amazing special effects graphics you enjoy in modern cinematography? And that fractals might hold the key to the cure for cancer? No discussion about fractals is complete without learning about Benoît Mandelbrot, the mathematician behind the magic of fractal geometry. Enjoy the discovery, LG:)

queenwindbaby said:
And don't forget the tree fractals. They are fantastic.

Hi Jicky -- Yes! It's amazing. And the natural growth fractals of trees have been studied in the rain forests to understand carbon emission rates. Fractals are also used to measure the length of our coastlines. So cool! LG:)

DLGH-I was watching a Nova show about fractals but was interupted by ph call. But, i may go on line and finish the rest of it. I love science. and sounds like you do as well. :D

queenwindbaby said:
DLGH-I was watching a Nova show about fractals but was interupted by ph call. But, i may go on line and finish the rest of it. I love science. and sounds like you do as well. :D

I think that's the show I saw and I'd love to watch it again. Jicky, if you find the web URL please tell it to me, OK? Yes, I also like science. I like so many things! I'm a jack-of-all-trades but master of none. I have eclectic interests. There's so much to know and not enough time to learn it all. World of wonders! Best to you, LG:)

Oh, ok-thanks LGH. I will try to catch up w/ that over the week-end. Stay well and Happy New Year to you. All the best.

Latest posts

Back