You need them mentality

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droplet

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope you are all ok today :)

I am ok, my cold is going finally :D

Anyway, I just wanted to share this thought that has come to me over the last few days. Bear with me as I'm not a very good writer and not good at really expressing what I mean sometimes.

I've gone through most of my life desperately needing other people, needing friends. I guess it is understandable, since I was bullied and extremely lonely at times. However, what if I don't need them?
I am quite a spiritual person and a truthseeker, I have discovered alot of peace, happiness and love in my own being. (Who we really are is overflowing with these qualities, we just have to realize it.)

What if it's really the other way around? That people really need you?
Sure they might not be ready to admit it, but I am 100% sure that the world needs sensitive, genuine, deep, compassionate, loving people like most of you are here and all of you can discover more of in your own being. I believe you can all blossom into something amazing that this world really craves more of.

So how about laying off this mentality that you need people, and contemplate that it might really be the other way around, that the world and most people in it really need you?
So be your genuine self, and if people don't want to accept that then they're just conditioned or just not ready for the kind of genuinity or friendship you bring forth.

Hold your heads high.

P.s. I realize that may not be easy to think about this if you are feeling extremely lonely and self-hate, but I just wanted to share, because I care.

WOW! For someone that claims there not very good at expressing them self you sure did a good job here.

That was beautifully put my friend.

Droplet said:
but I am 100% sure that the world needs sensitive, genuine, deep, compassionate, loving people like most of you are here and all of you can discover more of in your own being. I believe you can all blossom into something amazing that this world really craves more of.

I think one of the beast ways to make your self feel better is to try and help other ppl. together we get throw anything.

And I don't know about blossoming into someone beautiful, You all ready are a beautiful person if that post is anything to go by. The good thing about beauty of the spirit has no limits :)

Hope to see you around some moor Droplet :)

Droplet said:
So be your genuine self, and if people don't want to accept that then they're just conditioned or just not ready for the kind of genuinity or friendship you bring forth.

All wise words, but this paragraph mirrored a lot of what I've said to people in the past...which they ignored. lol :)

Very well written. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you both :)
I feel humbled:)

Just wanted to also say that I am not suggesting a 'holier than thou' attitude though, and hope I won't be misunderstood as meaning that. But then, no one is holier than you either and you don't need them as such. If anything, the world and people needs people like you. Most of you to me have come further in realising themselves than most in the world, why? Because you are genuine, you are very open and honest to yourselfes about what you're feeling whereas the prevalent thing in general I feel is denial. You can offer a deeper perspective on life and humanity than most.

Self-hate is something I've felt alot of in my life, but I am coming to the realisation that self-hate is only an illusion.

Droplet said:
Self-hate is something I've felt alot of in my life, but I am coming to the realisation that self-hate is only an illusion.

Well its not an illusion if that's how you feel about yourself. But how do we move on in life in a good way if where always to busy self hating? simply put we can't.

I think its not even down to well power but just frame of mined. If we learn to try and be positive about stuff and our self then that well be moor productive then being negative. Even if the out come is not the desired one. By being negative we really don't get anywhere. where as if where being positive we at least increase the odds of getting somewhere.

I have a body that is really quite twisted. I have in the past been very negative in my thoughts about this. OK I well never be a chip N daile lol But I do have qualities that are good and I can now look in the mirror at myself. which is moor then I was able to do in the past. I am being positive about myself and as a result I am feeling a lot happier about myself and life :)

Yes, it certainly is real when you're feeling it.

What I mean when I say that I've found self-hate to be an illusion, I mean I've realized that self-hate doesen't have any firm ground to it, it doesen't have an ultimate reality and is so an illusion of the mind, if you get what I mean?

Who we really are is primary and permanent and has ultimate reality, it is our Spirit which is at one with everything and full of love.

The one we hate is only the idea of ourselfes we have and not our true self.

But I might be dabbling too much into spirituality now for peoples comfort? ;)
But at the end of it all, I'm only sharing my view :)

I never thought of it like that before...wow that's a really mind blower.

I guess I'm sort of spiritaul or have my conception of what spiritality is.
It's constantly changing as I live through this journey of life.

I had alot of self hate (shame) when I was younger. I had to work through alot issues
and reparent myself. Learned to love myself..I'm not at the piont where I can
say I charish myself yet. I'm working through some Guilt issues atm and it sort
of makes sence why I'm can't let go of someone or feel like I need them.
I never thought I had a sort of guilt for this person in that way until someone had pionted it out to me.
It's still not totally clear to me atm becuase it sort of a new perception/insite for me...lol
I nevered actaully took the time to sit down and write honestly as I can of the things I did and
what my motives where. I needed her in my life to fullfil my illusions I suppose.

Anyway...One of my many self help books i have is call "LOVE IS A CHIOCE"
i read it a couple of times..it helped me a lot to get a better understanding of why I live or act the way
I did. However i wasn't consistant at applying the instructions from that book :(
Well...maybe that's my problem, i have too many **** self help books and think there's something wrong with me.lol

i dunno..I hate growing pains :(

Droplet said:
Yes, it certainly is real when you're feeling it.

What I mean when I say that I've found self-hate to be an illusion, I mean I've realized that self-hate doesen't have any firm ground to it, it doesen't have an ultimate reality and is so an illusion of the mind, if you get what I mean?

Who we really are is primary and permanent and has ultimate reality, it is our Spirit which is at one with everything and full of love.

The one we hate is only the idea of ourselfes we have and not our true self.

But I might be dabbling too much into spirituality now for peoples comfort? ;)
But at the end of it all, I'm only sharing my view :)

Your not delving to much into spirituality for me. And if you are for anyone else then they don't have to post in here :p lol

I kinder get what you mean but I disagree with it not having any firm ground to it. It dose when you hate your self so much that you take your own life cos of it.

Delving moor into spirituality here but I believe our Spirit is not free why we are on this plan but one day it well be free when we have passed from this world. I also think that we made the decision to come here for what ever reason. I think we all have our reasons to be here and that they are different.

I think on maters of spirituality I would like to learn a lot moor and feel that I have no place to go to explore that side of myself that I feel so curers about. Every time I get into a debate about spirituality I never seem to be able to get my teeth into anything that feels satisfiing so I can learn from it. It is something I find fascinating.

• Do spirits visit this place we live on, I think so
  • is there such things as guardian angels, I think so
  • can a guardian angel do anything but look over us
  • Dose everyone have a guardian angel
  • Do you believe in such things as mediums
  • What do you think your reason or reasons are for being here

I think given the chance to learn about this stuff I would be like a sponge. I do feel I have been served when it comes to knowledge on this stuff.

BTW I think the bible is fake. Am not religious and I answer to no man or any fake God or real God for that matter. I answer to my own conscience and that alone.

And who cars if ppl think your a fruit cake. Its honesty and I personally would rather be looked at like a nutter and act myself then be fake. This is a message Bord and we come here to express our views. Might as well be honest about it.

I think to many ppl seat in alone stressing about there life and not look at the big pitcher. In the past when I have told someone they should be looking at the big pitcher I think they thought I meant like in a few years. when in accrual fact I meant forever. The spirit dose live forever.

Lonesome Crow said:
I never thought of it like that before...wow that's a really mind blower.

I guess I'm sort of spiritaul or have my conception of what spiritality is.
It's constantly changing as I live through this journey of life.

Mine too, that's cos we never stop learning. Hopefully we stay true to who we are and learn for the better. I think you have.

Lonesome Crow said:
I had alot of self hate (shame) when I was younger. I had to work through alot issues
and reparent myself. Learned to love myself..I'm not at the piont where I can
say I charish myself yet. I'm working through some Guilt issues atm and it sort
of makes sence why I'm can't let go of someone or feel like I need them.
I never thought I had a sort of guilt for this person in that way until someone had pionted it out to me.
It's still not totally clear to me atm becuase it sort of a new perception/insite for me...lol

You know there is a lot of talk about forgiving other peoples wrong doings against you but not many ppl talk of forgiving them self even if the person you did the wrong to dose not forgive you. If you have moved on and they have not then that's there look out. some of us walk frow the journey of life faster then others. maybe some have moor to fit in then others do?

But I think to forgive your self is a lot moor difficult then to forgive another. How long well you beat your self up for honeysuckle you can not change or undo. Except you did it, make your apologies if you have not all ready done so and for give your self even if the person you have apologized to dose not then move the fresia on.

Lonesome Crow said:
I nevered actaully took the time to sit down and write honestly as I can of the things I did and
what my motives where. I needed her in my life to fullfil my illusions I suppose.

The only person that can make you happy with your self is your self. to me this is overs. Sure having a women well enhance your happiness with life and make you feel happy. But to feel happy with in your self that has to come from you.

Lonesome Crow said:
Anyway...One of my many self help books i have is call "LOVE IS A CHIOCE"
i read it a couple of times..it helped me a lot to get a better understanding of why I live or act the way
I did. However i wasn't consistant at applying the instructions from that book :(
Well...maybe that's my problem, i have too many **** self help books and think there's something wrong with me.lol

You kinder contradicted your self there in the last bit mate haha. I mean I think you have used them books as you should have. You did not follow them to the letter but you took what you needed from them. So why would it be a problem if you read to many. I think the moor of them kinder books you read the moor you well learn about yourself. As long as you don't try and take it as a rule and realise it was just a man/women that write the book and what in them might not be right for you. Bit like any advice that might be given on here relay

Lonesome Crow said:
i dunno..I hate growing pains :(

Your still growing then. That's a good thing.

What be the point of life if we stopped growing? be pointless. I think we grow tell the day we pass over. my Nana Gran is learning to paint. And she done some real cool paintings as well. she is 80 next.

Latest posts

Back