Your public image.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the perfect answer.

I would agree with that, to an extent. People are always going to drum up some type of problem and they usually reflect back on themselves more than the person they have a problem with. People can think what they want, people can judge however they want, but it will not impact who I am or how I view myself because chances are high that those people don't know one single thing about me, so why should I put any stock at all in what they think.

Once upon a time, I was terrified of what people thought of me. Not so much now. I don't portray myself in a false manner, only as I really am, so I don't really care much what people think of me. Like me or don't like me, it doesn't really matter to me.
Can I ask what you did or how you got over the fear of what people think? It's something I'm really trying to shake off and I would like to hear your input on this.

Can I ask what you did or how you got over the fear of what people think? It's something I'm really trying to shake off and I would like to hear your input on this.

I'm not sure I can answer that with any certainty because of how much I had to work through to be okay again, to feel like I was a person that had worth again....hell, to simply BE a person again. I think it had something to do with fully accepting who I am and realizing that just like I can't completely know what is in other people's mind, they can't know what's in mine. People judge you, there's really no way of getting around that. They will spread rumors about you, pick apart what you say, twist what you meant and think they know everything about you to claim whatever it is they are claiming, but in the end, do those people really matter? They don't care about you, they don't know you, they never bothered to take the time to understand who you are as a person and understand how and why you think the way you do, so why should they have any impact on what you think of yourself? There are plenty of people who have taken the time to get to know me and care about me and their opinions of me are much more important than anyone who hasn't and doesn't. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but just because they have an opinion doesn't mean they are right in their opinion.

Latest posts

Back