Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to interact with others
07-01-2006, 05:07 AM
How to interact with others
can somebody please help??? i am just to shy in life... i have no close friends cuz i am too shy around them and i just dont know what to say...
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2006, 05:19 AM
RE: How to interact with others
Test Wrote:can somebody please help??? i am just to shy in life... i have no close friends cuz i am too shy around them and i just dont know what to say...

Perhaps you have social anxiety and not shyness? They are two different things. Usually if I don't know what to say to people, I ask questions. How are your kids? Do you think it will rain? Stuff like that.
07-02-2006, 02:03 AM
if you think like mad about what to say to someone you inevitably say something ludicrous .. or is it just me .. lol
07-02-2006, 06:47 AM
RE:  How to interact with others
ellomoto Wrote:if you think like mad about what to say to someone you inevitably say something ludicrous .. or is it just me .. lol

Yes, this has happened to me.
07-02-2006, 08:01 AM
ellomoto Wrote:if you think like mad about what to say to someone you inevitably say something ludicrous .. or is it just me .. lol

Yeah, but you don't realise it was ludicrous sometimes until later then your stomach melts into your gut..
07-02-2006, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2006 08:15 AM by bjarne.)
Test Wrote:i am just to shy in life... i have no close friends cuz i am too shy around them and i just dont know what to say...

My life story; I have always been shy.

When I am talking to someone that I do not really know I can never think of anything to say. But afterwards I always can think of LOTS of things I should have said. Basically, in my case, I think it's a deep fear of being laughed at.

"There are no answers. There are only Choices." (From Solaris)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2006, 10:29 AM
bjarne Wrote:
Test Wrote:i am just to shy in life... i have no close friends cuz i am too shy around them and i just dont know what to say...

When I am talking to someone that I do not really know I can never think of anything to say. But afterwards I always can think of LOTS of things I should have said. Basically, in my case, I think it's a deep fear of being laughed at.

Sounds like social anxiety too..
07-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Smile RE:  How to interact with others
bjarne Wrote:

That's the exact same way I have felt
07-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Shy RE: How to interact with others
I know exactly what you mean. I used to be shy and did not know how to make conversation. I am no longer shy, but still have problems breaking the ice. I have been there so many times with those ....I shoulda, coulda's if only I woulda's.....finally I stop myself from those now with ....oh well, you can't go back and change what did/did not happen. So I promise myself I will do better next time. Each time I do it gets easier. What has worked for me is knowing that no one else is really different than me on the inside. We all are human with our founded and unfounded fears.
07-10-2006, 09:39 PM
The world is full of "strange" people, we all are different, I used to make jokes, soul of the party etc.. the older I got the more I got hurt as for some reason people seem to think Im never serious... where are the clowns etc.. syndrom.. Now I just sit back and watch the world go by.. I feel lonely at times.. but I do reach out for friends and if strangers just walk by.......... it is their loss.. I know I would be a good friend! Social anxiety? Lets not start analysing what is what.. be active............ reach out!!