Have you done something you didn't want to for a woman/man?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Sometimes people do things just to make others like them...

I did it many times with a girl... One time she baked cookies, they were all burnt (black-crust burned) and I made the sacrifice of eating one of them. I went to see "Transformers" even tough I knew I wouldn't like it (just to go out with her). The list goes on, I guess it's characteristical beta male behaviour :p

I try not to do it anymore...

So, did something like this happen to anyone here?

I wouldn't call it doing something to make someone like me, I'd call it compromise. Sometimes it just needs to be done. An example- I don't really enjoy "spa night" but The Kid does, I suck it up. I've done the same in relationships and likely will again if it makes future partner happy.

of course i had...
It depends how you look aT it. Compromizing isnt so bad.
You mean bending over backwards and being a pretzel in a personal relationship?
Been there and done that.
The thing of it is...Im also intoxicating to some women.

i mean...somedays i dont wanna go to work or put up with people's bullshit.
i had mouths to feed, bills to pay...So I keep my mouth shut. Do dirty fucken jobs i dont
wanna do. Listen to bitches complain all day. I need the fucken money and that's that.
Everyone has to answer to somebody. Even my bosses has to listen to clients *****
and moan. Do honeysuckle he dosnt wanna do...

yes, i can distinguish between co-dependency, independent and inner dependent relationships.

Lonely in BC said:
I wouldn't call it doing something to make someone like me, I'd call it compromise. Sometimes it just needs to be done. An example- I don't really enjoy "spa night" but The Kid does, I suck it up. I've done the same in relationships and likely will again if it makes future partner happy.

I was refering to romantic/sexual relationships. Sorry if i wasn't clear.

With other kinds of relationships it's necesary sometimes. My younger brother is a kid and I watch kiddie shows I don't like much just to be with him.

I think what I mean is, doing something you dislike to make someone like you in seduction doesn't work very well... At least in my own experience.

Lonesome Crow said:
Compromizing

Interesting concept.

But would you do it when you're trying to seduce a woman? I'm asking you because you seem to know a thing or two about seduction :p

Yeah I've done that. Even now I do things I don't REALLY like, with friends. I don't really like pubs, nor do I play snooker. But I'll go to pubs and snooker clubs with friends, because I'm happy to be out with em'. If the pros outweigh the cons, the compromise is worth it.

Felix said:
I think what I mean is, doing something you dislike to make someone like you in seduction doesn't work very well... At least in my own experience.

Yeah if a guy did that with me i would sense that and i'd immediately dislike him for that and possibly stop talking to him.

Like he was trying to coerce me into it.

Felix said:
Lonely in BC said:

With other kinds of relationships it's necesary sometimes. My younger brother is a kid and I watch kiddie shows I don't like much just to be with him.

Lonesome Crow said:
Compromizing

Interesting concept.

But would you do it when you're trying to seduce a woman? I'm asking you because you seem to know a thing or two about seduction :p

In a so called "romantic/sexual" context it seems pretty sleazy. Being straight up in those situations is the only way I'm going to fly.

You just cheapened your thread with this "clarification". It might as well be closed.

I wouldn't eat burnt food for everything in the world. I also wouldn't serve burnt food to anyone. Tsk tsk. But yes, I've done things that I didn't particularly care to do for my dude.

Felix said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Compromizing

Interesting concept.

Ive done plenty to be with Renae. She means the world to me.
Sometimes Ive spread myself out too thin.
Ive driven thousand of miles to be with her.
Ive gone against some of my own morals, values or standards.
My own better judgements.
Sometimes we argue about it. She win some. I lose some.

At the sametime Renae have also opened me up as a person too.

Even recently, Renae and I got banned from bars for getting
too dirty on the dance floor.Im generally dont hang in bars
nor am I a very good dancer.
But hey....she's my woman. And Im with the prettist woman
in the room...It works in my favor.

Sometimes Reane likes to tease me. Gets me to goof around.
Do some pretty funny or stupid honeysuckle...but it's just a joke,
She's laughing with me and at me too.lol
But it's more alone the line of me being secured about myself.
I can luagh at myself.

One of the things Renae likes to luagh at is watch me JUMP.....
I'll jump as if Im a little kid trying to reach for an item out of my reach over and over again.
It's halarious honeysuckle to her. I guess I must look like a total fool
On top of her telling me to jump and im bascailly stating " how high?"...it's a sort of inside joke.
There's plenty of other things I'll do to get her to laugh.
Renae and I can be goofballs at times....

You know it's love when she sends you out for a tampon run,lol

In the sex department...I'm not incline to disclose all the details.
All i can say is...I totally turn Renae on sexually.
As a matter of fact..She having me reserch on female sexuality
and orgaism. For the lights of her, she still cant grasp how
I can get her to cream so much...Or how can her body have
so much cream or multiple orgiasm over and over again.
I've re awaken her cundiliny or fountain of youth....

Not all women are as luckie as her.lol

We have sex in plenty of places, time and positions....out of the bed
or house. Sex isnt a dirty thing for us. Ive seen every lick every
inch of her body. As a woman..Renae is self concisous about her body
and looks. I always tell her she's beautiful and sexy. I hug her and kiss her lots...in the morning when her hair is a mess. We always hold
hands in public.

Chivery isnt dead in this relationship.
I open doors for her. Pull out chairs for her...ect. I get her flowers and caddie on a regular basis. I'm a musicain...I can throw sweet lines or poams at her if I want.

I also do most of the cooking at the moment. i wash all the dishes.
Renae dose the lundary. It's just choirs to us. We help each other.

I don't think its sleazy to put someone else first, be it a first date or a 500th, it shows you are willing to take an interest and accomodate what interests them, it doesn't have to be sleazy. If I was looking to get to know someone better and that time spent together would allow me to do that then I would. Eating a cookie she baked was polite, might have been tricky to digest but you didn't want to hurt her feelings, dont see whats wrong with that tbh.

The Good Citizen said:
I don't think its sleazy to put someone else first, be it a first date or a 500th, it shows you are willing to take an interest and accomodate what interests them, it doesn't have to be sleazy. If I was looking to get to know someone better and that time spent together would allow me to do that then I would. Eating a cookie she baked was polite, might have been tricky to digest but you didn't want to hurt her feelings, dont see whats wrong with that tbh.

I agree with this.

I put up with Facebook and Buffy the Vampire Slayer... ever other night... for a year.

Do I win?

Are you asking about doing things you don't want to do specifically to get laid? Or, are you asking about doing things you don't want to do in a relationship?

If it is the former, then, I agree with some of the earlier posts that said that's sleazy. If it's the latter, that's just part of a relationship - I watched stupid Lifetime movies for 7 years and Jackie watched football on Sundays for 7 years - that's just how relationships are. And, by the way, there's something wrong if you're the one who always has to do what they don't want to do - it doesn't matter if it's the former or latter, because that means she doesn't respect you, and you doing those things for her aren't helping get you laid or a relationship.

Phaedron said:
I put up with Facebook and Buffy the Vampire Slayer... ever other night... for a year.

Do I win?

Yes in my book you win, Buffy and FaceBook fresia that honeysuckle.

I let a chick electrocute my nipples and I was supposed to be the one enjoying that apparently.

I bought a GF a brand new BMW motorcycle because she was complaining so bad about not having one and me having one. She could have had her family buy it for her. They had the money. Instead, I got stuck with the bill. And then I had 2 motorcycles once we broke up. One for each leg. LOL She wouldn't settle for a Honda.

Of course... like someone said..it's good to compromise. As long as the other person shows appreciation of you and also compromises. It takes two.

Lonely in BC said:
Felix said:
Lonely in BC said:

Lonesome Crow said:
Compromizing

Interesting concept.

In a so called "romantic/sexual" context it seems pretty sleazy. Being straight up in those situations is the only way I'm going to fly.

You just cheapened your thread with this "clarification". It might as well be closed.

Cheapen? If anything I'm being honest. What cheapens is the uncalled moral judgement. Who are you to say this thread should be closed? If you don't like it, don't participate, simple.

I did those things because I really liked her, I was desperate to connect with another human being and I didn't knew how to do it.

I figured loners would understand that pain. Tough I'm not surprised, some get upset about anything in this forum.

theraab said:
Are you asking about doing things you don't want to do specifically to get laid? Or, are you asking about doing things you don't want to do in a relationship?

If it is the former, then, I agree with some of the earlier posts that said that's sleazy. If it's the latter, that's just part of a relationship - I watched stupid Lifetime movies for 7 years and Jackie watched football on Sundays for 7 years - that's just how relationships are. And, by the way, there's something wrong if you're the one who always has to do what they don't want to do - it doesn't matter if it's the former or latter, because that means she doesn't respect you, and you doing those things for her aren't helping get you laid or a relationship.

Is not only to "get laid" but to find a romantic partner.

@lonesomecrow: I guess there is "good" compromise and "bad" compromise. My judgement wasn't clear with this particular girl, I did things that were excesive, there was more, but there really is no point telling it, it's already clear what I'm aiming for.

I will do my best not to get that obsessed over someone....

SophiaGrace said:
Felix said:

Yeah if a guy did that with me i would sense that and i'd immediately dislike him for that and possibly stop talking to him.

Like he was trying to coerce me into it.

In most cases people will do this... if you "compromise excesivly". However, some people like it... that is dangerous.

Morals, vaLues, or standards isnt universal....

My own personal experince with cupcakes.
Jenni ( passed 4 years ago) baked homemade cupcakes the first time I saw her face to face.
She was my outside sale person. She could had purchased donuts, gifts...ect (which most sales people
so) when they visit me.....
They werent the greatest or the prettiest cupcakes in the world...but she baked them herself.
She took the time and energy. She was thoughtful......

At that piont in time I was jumping through hoops at work for various clients.
I was also doing alot of things for my GF at that time....
I gave..gave..gave and I felt no one appriciated anything Ive done. Nothing was good enough...
New cars, new contracts, new clients, flowers, candies, vacations, new place to live, money...ect.
At home and at work...people demanded more and more and more and more.
UngrateFUL sons of bitches they were...Thats how I felt.

For the first time in a long time someone took the time and energy to do something simple for me.
It was the thought that counts.....
She also showed me somethings very personal...A diary from her childhood.
All her hopes and dreams. Her favorate songs, icecream, books, calours...ect
I fell in love with Jenni from that moment.

Just last week Renae and I got into a major argument.
In the heat of the moment I said....
I just want a guitar pick with a string looped through it so I can wear it around my neck.
$.25..... it would mean the world to me if Renae made that for me.
Im not going to push the issue nor expect it. I have no control over Renae.
I love her very much.

Latest posts

Back