Have you done something you didn't want to for a woman/man?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should all do things for our partners that we don't want to do (with in reason, I don't mean anal sex). It's all part of being in a relationship.

Lonely in BC said:
I wouldn't call it doing something to make someone like me, I'd call it compromise. Sometimes it just needs to be done. An example- I don't really enjoy "spa night" but The Kid does, I suck it up. I've done the same in relationships and likely will again if it makes future partner happy.

This.

All this "Alpha male" stuff is bollocks, to be frank. Compromising for the sake of your partner's happiness occasionally makes you a decent considerate person, not a "Beta male".

Unless of course your definition of "Alpha male" is "pigheaded individual who can't be bothered to ever realign his own interests" ;)

I'd quite happily watch soppy girly films with a girl if she enjoys them. I might think they suck, but:

1. It's something new to try, which is always educational/interesting.
2. I get to spend time with someone I like, which is the important and fun bit even if the movie we're watching or whatever is pants. That's kind of irrelevant :p

It's the same reason I'd expect a girl to bother to take at least a bit of interest in my more "manly" hobbies, even if she doesn't find it particularly riveting to do loads of pressups or play the geekiest videogames known to Man.

Latest posts

Back