Feeling really low

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elona

Reaction score
Been feeling really low, alone and lonely lately. Sometimes I wonder why I still have a phone. Aside from the occasional promo text from a bank or store, no one contacts me. And when I reach out to people, they either seem too busy or not in the mood. Evenings are especially bad.

I'm thinking of only switching the **** thing on when I'm driving/not at home, in case I'm in an emergency or something. Doesn't seem that anyone would miss me anyway.

Could really use a hug, even if it is only a virtual one.

{{{}}}}

My phone is never used... there is no point in answering it becuase it is only a telemarketer etc.

*Hug* I wanted a phone back in high school to call/text my friends & such. I got a phone in college for one reason: to call for help in case of an emergency. I couldn't even think of 10 people to put on my "fab 10" or whatever it was. The occasional stray text or promo is about all I get, but hey, it's about what I was expecting & it doesn't really bother me. I've felt like nobody would miss me at times, but it turns out people can even miss someone like me.

I can't say much, because I don't know a thing about you, but feeling low is never thrilling, so here's hoping things start looking up.

Thanks everyone for the hugs and encouraging words, I really appreciate it :) Still feeling down, coupled with that horrible feeling of being neglected and taken for granted. Hope I can manage to pick myself up and work through this sooner rather than later, because this really sucks :( Reading your kind words really helps though, so thank you very much!

I can relate, my phone is pretty much a paper weight at the moment. Its worse when I keep turning it on expecting to see a message from someone.

I hope you feel better really soon.

Ovid said:
I can relate, my phone is pretty much a paper weight at the moment. Its worse when I keep turning it on expecting to see a message from someone.
^This...

And this morning I was actually surprised when I turned it on and a couple of texts came through... Then I remembered it's the first of the month, so of course there will be messages - it's my BFF the bank letting me know that my debit orders are being deducted.

I've been thinking about the same thing; Even my family members don't call me when I am out. If I didn't receive spam texts, I would seriously suspect there is a problem with my phone and ask someone to call my phone to check if it's working.

Elona said:
Been feeling really low, alone and lonely lately. Sometimes I wonder why I still have a phone. Aside from the occasional promo text from a bank or store, no one contacts me. And when I reach out to people, they either seem too busy or not in the mood. Evenings are especially bad.

I'm thinking of only switching the **** thing on when I'm driving/not at home, in case I'm in an emergency or something. Doesn't seem that anyone would miss me anyway.

Could really use a hug, even if it is only a virtual one.

Hug!

My phone hasn't rung in the past few months. I can take the battery out of it knowing full well no-one will bother to contact me. Ironically, it has an extremely long battery life.

No one ever calls to me either, I can relate. ;_; I hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

~Gives you a hug~
I can understand you feeling low, I've been feeling low myself lately so I can relate to how you're feeling. Hope things end up looking better for you. Feel free to send me a pm if you ever need someone to talk too. =)

OP, I ask myself that question too sometimes. The only calls I get are from work. I do have one friend on here that I text regularly though. You are amongst friends :)

Hi Elona, sorry you feel like that, but yes, it is a problem that is more common than one would think. I also get messages mostly from the bank, or from my angry landlord, or very rarely from someone I have seen the evening before and whom I will never see again/receive messages from again.

Latest posts

Back