Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Candy,

I think its normal because we have a large group of people all discussing one thing ; Loneliness. When you're trying to move on from that, being here can be difficult because it can be a constant reminder. That said, it is also a great place to find support and meet wonderful people. I'm sorry that you're lonely...I know how hard it can be :(. But perhaps if you post more, or try to PM some people, it might help you feel less lonely? It might help to express yourself and liberate yourself off some of the emotional burden.

^^ This, although for me, just joining has made me feel better, new bunch of cool people to talk randomness with :cool:

But yeah just talk to people on here, even if its just gibberish :p

I think one might feel lonelier when you first join because you see other people having discussions with each other and you kind of feel left out of that or maybe feel like you are intruding...even on a forum for lonely people.

This feeling quickly goes away, though, when you realize that we will all be here for you, as well. Jump in, get posting, get to know people and I'm sure you'll feel at least a little less lonely. :)

It's possible. I felt very lonely too when I was newbie. You will feel better soon.

Also, maybe you'd find the chatroom an easier place to be heard :)

I think a place like this is very easy to feel lonely on. It's sometimes hard to gauge if someone is listening to what you have to say.

It helped my loneliness at first, after awhile I think I was no longer "new" and blended with the crowd. However that isn't a good thing, since.. you just become unnoticed, which was the reason I was lonely in the first place. So it just came back a full circle, except this time I can't go find a lonely forum.

I hope you feel better soon hinni, if you want to talk I'm free to natter, what are your interests? :3

I think the 'constant reminder' which has been spoken about earlier in this topic is the main reason.

candy said:
Is it possible to feel even lonelier after joining this forum ?

Yes... It's very possible... It's like being a new kid in school... Personally, I just jumped in with both feet... I think I haven't even made any comments in newbie section... I think it'll take some time to get to know few people & just like anywhere else, & everyone else, you'll find your own click...

Get a interesting avatar and sig and post a lot. It's hard to remember names of all the people without avatars.

This forum is not a guaranteed cure for loneliness. However, if you are willing to open up and share your experiences, as well as try out some of the advice given on the site, then you're probably going to show improvement.

If you aren't open and aren't willing to try something, then there's always venting, which has its place here. :)

candy said:
Is it possible to feel even lonelier after joining this forum ?

Depends on whether you have people to "play" with or not.
If there are many people online and they include you in whatever they're discussing, then you won't feel alone.
If there aren't or they don't reply to anything you're saying, then yes, you will feel more alone after joining.

My suggestion is join one of the chats :3 the people I've met in there have all been lovely

90% of topics here don't really apply to me... Heterosexual, cisgender men and women talking about their own little dating world in a way I couldn't possibly participate in, shy people, people who don't know why they're lonely, etc.

I jointed some more specific support communities as well as two for young writers, and I've been having good interactions there.

I've only just joined in the last day or so and instantly felt less lonely even without posting - just reading was enough to convince me this place feels 'right' and 'is a good place to be'. I've posted a bit now and started opening up and it feels even better. My thought/motto with joining this site is: "Just take one step, and the next one will get you there".

In a sense, this site is "a safe harbour" for me. I hope you'll feel the same soon.

Latest posts

Back