Does anyone believe in this crap?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
I just discovered this today and I'm sick of looking at it.

Well, it should only bother one, really, if one believes in it. I don't believe in crap like that, so it doesn't bother me. People can crank out ranking lists all they want. Doesn't mean it's true, and it certainly doesn't mean I'll believe it for a second.

Ranking lists merely reflect the values and ideas of the person/people who compose them.

Actualllllly, apparently this whole wolf pack dynamic only exists in observed packs aka random wolves put together. I don't have the sources on me right now, but I'll definitely try to look for the study about it. That said, this dynamic might truly exist in other species. I just find it funny that they always use as analogy a wolf pack, and it might not even work that way.

I'm still trying to find the **** sources on this, though, so take it with a pound of salt.

No, I don't believe in that crap. It's nonsense.

I've known people who do believe in it though. Those I've known who believed they were "betas" didn't have much luck with women and/or relationships. They wanted a tangible reason why, so they clung to this stupid social theory as a way of claiming that life is unfair because they were born on the bottom of the social ladder. It was always an excuse: Each and every one of them had low self-esteem, and for whatever reason, they didn't want to deal with the real issues.

The men I have known who believed they were "alphas" were always womanizing creeps who thought lying and manipulating women to get them into bed was the ultimate goal in life.

Well, that's just my experience with people who believe in the alpha/beta thing. People love to categorize themselves and each other with it. They do it because they want a easy reason why they're lonely, or they do it because they like being jerks. It's all meaningless though, unless you give it meaning. I hope you don't. Ignore it like the bad joke that it is.

Quite interesting, it appears I have traits of nearly all categories.

My point is, we are all different and should not let things like that categorise us. We all take our own path.

And then there's those of us who fall into none of the categories....

Seriously though, why let it bother you, it's just dumb honeysuckle someone decided to put together.

That list is no different than everyone putting people in "leagues." So, if you have ever said that someone is out of your league, then you believe in this stupid pecking order.

It's all ridiculous. We are all people, the only difference is the level of self confidence and arrogance you have.

funny photos.

Now i know what to aim for. (sarcasm).

edit. this seems insensitive for me to have said.

TheRealCallie said:
That list is no different than everyone putting people in "leagues." So, if you have ever said that someone is out of your league, then you believe in this stupid pecking order.

It's all ridiculous. We are all people, the only difference is the level of self confidence and arrogance you have.

Yeah, the whole "league" thing is ridiculous, too.

AnonymousMe said:
So am I the only one that believes in that crap? =(

Why would you?

life is all about pecking order
so romance, dating and love will come into that.
You don't see a very attractive person with a unattractive one.
Never happens. Everybody has a level.

People date in their attractiveness group.
Other factors come into it though.

johnny196775 said:
If you believe in it then why would you call it crap?

Well, I guess I got angry at the moment and didn’t think straight, but then I looked at it calmly and my opinion changed a little.

While I do agree with what the paragraphs are saying, I don’t agree with the “examples” they’re showing.
They’re just stereotypes and not the real deal, even the alphas in their suits don’t mean anything.
There could be guys that dress very nicely and make themselves look dateable, but still could be betas or even omegas.
Hell, I’ve even seen some of those omegas with a girlfriend!

All in all, I do agree with the text, but in the end, it boils down to the size of their wallets.

2eb5my9.png

*shrugs* I'll just make up my own...

Triple Bogey said:

That's the biggest truck load of horse manure I've ever read in my life. Attractiveness is so subjective. How could one even classify attractiveness levels for anyone but themselves...

Triple Bogey said:

No

May I be frank? I'm going to be either way...

That whole article is a bunch of horse honeysuckle. It's just the opinion of one person told from his own biased viewpoint.

How many sexual partners you've had has nothing to do with how 'alpha' you are. It's not difficult to find a sexual partner if you aren't choosy and you're in the kind of environment where people have been drinking copious amounts of alcohol and are looking to hook up. It just makes you look like a jackass. There's NOTHING more attractive than being told you're number 500 in a long line of sexual conquests...

I don't really think the way you look has anything to do with how 'alpha' you are either. I've known some small in stature and aesthetically unattractive men that would eat all those supposed alphas for breakfast. It's not the size of the dog in the fight and all that...

I don't believe in that bullshit about people not dating outside of their social strata either. I'm not a pretty man at all and (as you may have guessed from my username) I'm completely covered in hair, but my wife was pretty stunning. I'd also happily date someone that was overweight and not traditionally attractive, because I'm not some image obsessed, superficial idiot. If all someone is interested in is looks, then I don't care if you look like a supermodel, you're not the person for me.

Alpha, beta, omega... yawn. I've moved backwards and forwards from one end to the other and back again according to that list. I'd rather concentrate on being the best person I can be and not worry about the opinion of people that want to stick me in some kind of 'box'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back