Does anyone believe in this crap?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lonelydoc said:
lonelydoc posted a bunch of stuff that isn't true, so he can justify allowing himself to be labeled....

EDIT:

You know what? As much as I dislike you, I'm still going to erase my post and refer you to Solivagant's post instead, because what she said is completely true. It's a shame you probably won't listen to her. I just hope that someday, you take responsibility for how you feel and what direction your life takes. Allowing a internet meme to tell you who you are and who you are not will never be of any help to you.

lonelydoc said:
If you are not tall, handsome, rich, and have ladies falling all over you, you are beta, period.

Well isn't that practically everyone? Lol. How many people in the world actually meet all four of those criteria?

I've met a lot of people from all over the world and I've only ever known one guy who was all four of those things. And you know what? He couldn't maintain a relationship. He didn't get along with his family. His friends were superficial and undependable. He became an alcoholic. Sure, he can pick up women in bars and go on a tropical cruise whenever he wants, but he's not happy.

So what's the point of using words like alpha, beta, omega, or what have you? People make it sound like being a so-called "alpha" is the ultimate definition of success, but it's not. All it does is trap people who are unhappy with themselves into telling themselves that they'll never have a life as good as an alpha's, which is complete nonsense. Yes, some people struggle in life more than others. That's inevitable. But it is not helpful, practical, or even rational to pre-determine how life is going to treat you based on surface comparisons of yourself to other people. Sure you shouldn't pretend you're going to be taller when you're not, but that doesn't mean you have to be rating yourself or others into "firsts", "seconds" and "lasts" either. There is no such thing. There is only your life and what you do with it.

This thread was horrendous from the start. I'm going to decide to put a stop to it before flamethrowers are used. Sorry to those who actually put some thought in their responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back