So she's finally broke it off...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Crish, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it's her loss not yours. Sending virtual hugs and thoughts in your direction, we're all here for you if you need us!

From the tone and wording of your short post it sounds like it was a long time coming and you knew it. I experienced that a couple of years ago, I could see it coming months before hand and mourned the break up before it happened, when it did happen I was pretty much unmoved by it all.

Thanks all, I have no idea what to feel, we are still talking tbf. And she has kind of turned it around and is asking me whether we are done :/

chrish said:
Thanks all, I have no idea what to feel, we are still talking tbf. And she has kind of turned it around and is asking me whether we are done :/

She's asking you whether you're done? That must be confusing. How do you respond to that?

Pike Creek said:
chrish said:

She's asking you whether you're done? That must be confusing. How do you respond to that?

Sure does sound confusing. Seems to me that she's either unsure about the decision she made herself, or that she doesn't want to be the only one saying it's done and take all the so-called "blame" for the ending of the relationship. Or that she's just fickle-minded.

chrish said:

Yup you're done. Now stop talking to her for a few months at least.

chrish said:

I hate that, she is too gutless to end it so she is trying to force your hand. Ignoring her totally would be really annoying for her!

Delta said:
I hate that, she is too gutless to end it so she is trying to force your hand.

Yeah...my current bf pulls the break-up threat when I bring up relationship problems and when I call him on it, he always tries to turn it around "so that's what you want then?"...

Since the girl has actually gone so far as to break things off, I would be leery to trust her again if she's trying to hint at getting back together after a regretful decision. But then, the heart usually rules the mind, if you want her back, then that might be a cue to pursue reconciliation.

chrish said:

Yikes, that emotional roller-coaster sucks big time. If you try it again maybe this time around you'll realize it's you who's done....all I can say is good luck and try not to go crazy.

Okay, we'll, a few days down the line, we are doing better, the posts I made were in the heat of the moment and well some of the replys were off the mark, she is not 'gutless' I know I didn't give you guys all of the facts so I can't complain, we're are in a ldr with a 5 hour time difference, I don't believe her feelings for me have ever changed, and mine certainly havnt, we are finding the lack of physical intimacy, like holding hands and cuddling, like being there for each other after a bad day hard to deal with and sometimes, things get too much, I think, that she was going through a rough time and pushed me away, we're working on it now at least, I still love here with all my heart

Latest posts

Back