What would you cook?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenia

Reaction score
After watching Dinner Date on TV I had this idea. So imagine you have met someone you really like and lets say you are coming up for your 4th date and want to invite them to your home and cook for them a 3 or more course meal to show them you care or just want to impress lol.

What would you make? Do you have a signature dish, or are you a play it safe with traditional fare.

Starters - Maybe something like Satuted Mushrooms in a Stilton Sauce with Homemade Bread.

Main Course - I am definately when it comes to cooking myself (because I am not good) quite traditional. So probably Sirloin Steak with Pepper Sauce, or Chicken Breast wrapped in bacon filled with Herby Cream Cheese with small garlic diced potatoes, and roasted veg or a nice green veg like Asparagus. Orrrrr a Full English Breakfast.

Dessert - Homemade Chocolate Brownie and Vanilla Icecream or New York Cheesecake.

My mouth is watering now.

I love sautéed mushrooms, I'd start with similar.

Main would be my spicy chicken with twice baked potatoes and a veggie, either that or hearty pasta. I have some great recipes passed down from my Italian side. I've even played and invented my own siracha Alfredo pasta with roasted peppers. That's my fav pasta right now.

Dessert would be cheesecake bites ( i hollow out srawberries and make cheescake in them) or frappe (Italian pastry)

Well, I would want to make some favorites for a "date" type deal. I certainly wouldn't want to make anything they don't like or can't eat. I think chicken and dumplings has quickly become a staple for me to make. Definitely spaghetti with meat sauce or meatballs, or both. A favorite meal of my guy's is hamburger steak - which I hadn't really heard of or had before moving down south - with mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. A bread item goes along with it - biscuits, rolls, corn bread, or whatever else.

Sweets - I'm not much a baker, but I enjoy making cookies and cakes. I'd go again with another favorite, or something easy to make, such as a peach cobbler. That doesn't take long at all.

I think simple meals go a long way.

I would probably do fresh salmon with soy sauce and crushed black peppercorns served with basmati rice and peas followed by lemon tart.

Well, it depends a lot on what I know she likes and what time of year it is. There's some nice seasonal things I tend to do when I'm cooking for company.

Still, I would probably go for a fish dish or chicken breast with a selection of vegetables. I do a nice cheesecake for desert too. Afraid I don't have much imagination when it comes to cooking though. I like it, but all I can really do is follow instructions. I doubt it would be all that impressive, but it's the effort that counts, right?

Serenia said:
After watching Dinner Date on TV I had this idea. So imagine you have met someone you really like and lets say you are coming up for your 4th date and want to invite them to your home and cook for them a 3 or more course meal to show them you care or just want to impress lol.

What would you make? Do you have a signature dish, or are you a play it safe with traditional fare.

Starters - Maybe something like Satuted Mushrooms in a Stilton Sauce with Homemade Bread.

Main Course - I am definately when it comes to cooking myself (because I am not good) quite traditional. So probably Sirloin Steak with Pepper Sauce, or Chicken Breast wrapped in bacon filled with Herby Cream Cheese with small garlic diced potatoes, and roasted veg or a nice green veg like Asparagus. Orrrrr a Full English Breakfast.

Dessert - Homemade Chocolate Brownie and Vanilla Icecream or New York Cheesecake.

My mouth is watering now.

Since I've gone all out to cook for men who didn't seem to appreciate it, I wouldn't cook something fancy until many, many, many dates into the relationship.
For a 4th date, I would make popcorn for the 1st course, pizza for the 2nd course and ice cream for the 3rd course. Okay, maybe I would splurge a little on chocolate sauce on the ice cream. But that would be it :)

-Teresa

I'd go Italian 'cause I already know it's to the lady's taste. Everything made from scratch of course, so minestrone soup to start, crusty dinner rolls with real butter, naturally. Lasagna is too easy and she's fond of chicken, so perhaps a chicken parmesan with marinara sauce and fettucine pasta, as a main course. Dessert? Something to clear the palate, maybe a blueberry sorbet. Although chocolate is always good too.....what about chocolate decadence with real whipped cream? Wine? Simple is better I'm thinking....a basic zinfandel; perhaps a basic petite rose.

Music? OK, my taste here. Jazz, 1950's,1960's, 1970's.....Miles Davis always delivered, good standby.....John Coltrane; Charlie Parker, Stanley Turrentine; Charles Lloyd; George Benson......any of those guys.

Hey this was kinda fun! And Miles Davis could be kinda blue.......

constant stranger said:
I'd go Italian 'cause I already know it's to the lady's taste. Everything made from scratch of course, so minestrone soup to start, crusty dinner rolls with real butter, naturally. Lasagna is too easy and she's fond of chicken, so perhaps a chicken parmesan with marinara sauce and fettucine pasta, as a main course. Dessert? Something to clear the palate, maybe a blueberry sorbet. Although chocolate is always good too.....what about chocolate decadence with real whipped cream? Wine? Simple is better I'm thinking....a basic zinfandel; perhaps a basic petite rose.

Music? OK, my taste here. Jazz, 1950's,1960's, 1970's.....Miles Davis always delivered, good standby.....John Coltrane; Charlie Parker, Stanley Turrentine; Charles Lloyd; George Benson......any of those guys.

Hey this was kinda fun! And Miles Davis could be kinda blue.......

Oh wow, I think I'm coming to your house for dinner.

Oh these all sound so good. To those who can't cook, it is never too late to learn.

Music too what a good idea. I like the idea of some Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin.

Since winter tends to be overcast and grey in the UK, I'd cook something colourful which will look cheerful, appetising and taste delicious too.

Something like the following:

Starter: Pumpkin and red pepper soup with toasted sesame croutons.
Main Course: Thai green chilli chicken (fish or tofu if veggie or vegan) with tri-colour rice and a red rocket salad.
Dessert: Lime whip with dark chocolate shavings and a ginger biscuit on the side.

Followed by fresh coffee (or a beverage of their choice).

I love to cook. I love to cook fancy, and I love to cook simple.

If I were to go fancy, I'd start with an amuse bouche of a caramelized onion and blue cheese tartlet topped with bacon-onion-fig jam and a dollop of sour cream; an appetizer of an herbed goat cheese custard topped with buttered bread crumbs; for soup, a cup of butternut squash and crab bisque, for the main, medallions of beef with a mushroom pan sauce and roasted Brussels spouts with balsamic glaze and a cauliflower puree gratin; dessert would be dark chocolate souffle.

If I were to go simple comfort food it'd be my kids' favorite meal: Chicken Schnitzel, spatzle, steamed green beans drowning in butter and roasted cauliflower.

I make pretty fuckin good spaghetti and meatballs so probably that. Like... I've never had better from anywhere else. Or chicken tikka masala.

Nothing too fancy. I'd save fancy for later on, or when I want to try something new.

kamya said:
I make pretty fuckin good spaghetti and meatballs so probably that. Like... I've never had better from anywhere else. Or chicken tikka masala.

Nothing too fancy. I'd save fancy for later on, or when I want to try something new.

I could stuff myself silly with spaghetti and meatballs. It's such a simple, easy, and quite affordable meal if you do it right. It's one of my favorites to make.

I'd want to cook home-made pizza. I don't know how to make it but I could ask my Mom to show me since we've had it before. I think that could be a fun and unusual date dinner. Still, it would take a lot of effort and I think I would save it for several dates into the relationship.

Well I am fortunate to be able to prepare sushi and other Japanese staples..

Starter : Saki

Endame, miso soup and ebi so

Maincourse:

diakon salad with ginger dressings, Sashimi tuna rolls and salmon rolls. Teriyaki chicken on a bed of rice and stir fry fried bean sprouts, broccoli and carrots. A couple tempura veggies.

For dessert gotta have green tea ice cream mochi's.

Followed by oh not that kind of thread.. ;)

I am drooling on my keyboard....
Let us know what you picked in the end.

red guy said:
I am drooling on my keyboard....
Let us know what you picked in the end.

They all sound fantastic.

I am not dating so won't be picking lol.

Latest posts

Back