Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, you're telling us about things that you did when you were in still High School. EVERYONE does stupid honeysuckle in high school (espically where dating was concered). Albeit, some more than others .. but no one is perfect as a teenager. You make stupid decisions, stupid mistakes, and do stupid things .. but you'd actually BE stupid if you weren't able to look back on those times and say to yourself, "Boy, that was some stupid honeysuckle I did back then, I wish I hadn't done any of that".

You were able to feel empathy and have regret for your actions, and it seems you've tried to ammend some (or all, I can't recall now that I've read everyone elses comments) of them. That's a good first step.

Thing is, you can't expect or make someone forgive you just because you ask for and/or are ready for forgiveness. Those people you apologized to might not be to a place where they are ready to forgive you. They may be later though, so just give it time to seep in and see what happens. They may never openly acknowledge that they have forgiven you, that sometimes takes a bigger person than the person who is asking for the forgiveness .. but you've done your part.

Yes, it sounds like you were a selfish, greedy, ******* .. BUT it also sounds like you've changed your outlook and direction in life. That's the great thing about life .. you can do that. You can always become a better person. Everyone starts from somewhere and moves forward, even if they went backwards before going forwards.

Ever heard the phrase, 1 step forward, 2 steps back? Well, sometimes some people take 10 steps back before they take that 1 step forward. But those forward steps do eventually progress you towards a finish line!

Also, drugs seem like a common factor in all your situations too. Maybe you should try cutting those out. Sometimes drugs will make you do things you normally wouldn't do, or even think of doing, and they can even make you do things you won't recall doing (but others will). Just something to think about on a rainy day ;).

Oh .. and, my son's name is Drake. So, I know there is at least a little good in ya. ;) ;)

thank you guys, and twingle I have been sober for almost 3 years now, with 2, 1 night releapses in betwee though and my first names not drake, its my last name lol, but thank you for the kind words.

lol I shoulda have known that (the name thing) .. but I still feel the same way though :) ;) .. and you're welcome :).

Latest posts

Back