A.L.L Relationships. Are You In One And How Are They Working Out?

• Thread starter Retrospective81
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
Triple Bogey said:
I don't think people want to say.

Or maybe some people are just more private than others.
If I was dating someone on here, none of you would ever know it. :p lol

Yeah I figure given the nature of this community it would be better off kept to one self.

Midnight Sky said:
EveWasFramed said:
Triple Bogey said:
I don't think people want to say.

Or maybe some people are just more private than others.
If I was dating someone on here, none of you would ever know it. :p lol

Yeah I figure given the nature of this community it would be better off kept to one self.

My stance doesn't have anything to do with the nature of the community - it's just a personal privacy thing for me. I value my privacy.
And my personal space, lol. :cool:

Why not try a match-up area of the forum where people can be paired based on their likes and dislikes? Or is that too dating site-esque?

I almost got into a relationship with a woman from a forum 10 years ago (not here!) It didn't work out.

I am dubious that those types of things happen, but it is possible....

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I almost got into a relationship with a woman from a forum 10 years ago (not here!) It didn't work out.

*shrug*
This place is no different than real life when it comes to clicking with someone. You could just as easily click with someone here as in real life.
I know it's different, but people are just people and can be as honest or just as deceptive in real life as they might be be on line. :D

EveWasFramed said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

*shrug*
This place is no different than real life when it comes to clicking with someone. You could just as easily click with someone here as in real life.
I know it's different, but people are just people and can be as honest or just as deceptive in real life as they might be be on line. :D

Very true, but people come here for a reason and could click far easier than they could in the haystack that is real life.

EveWasFramed said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

*shrug*

Well, I've always had trouble connecting with people online. Usually, I'm the least popular member...even when I was a moderator, I was the one who people didn't know as well.

I think it comes from being shy. I am very shy, even online, and I think people can sense it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Well, I've always had trouble connecting with people online. Usually, I'm the least popular member...even when I was a moderator, I was the one who people didn't know as well.

I think it comes from being shy. I am very shy, even online, and I think people can sense it.

I know what you mean here. Even online, you feel like you're a plague that people would rather avoid.

Seosa2 said:
EveWasFramed said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

*shrug*

Very true, but people come here for a reason and could click far easier than they could in the haystack that is real life.

You make a fine point there. :)

I've never really clicked here. I sometimes feel like people want me to leave, or don't even want to bother getting to know me.

EveWasFramed said:
Seosa2 said:
EveWasFramed said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

*shrug*

You make a fine point there. :)

Maybe I'm being unrealistic there, which is unusual for me because I'm usually a realist, albeit a Positive Pessimist, :p

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I've never really clicked here. I sometimes feel like people want me to leave, or don't even want to bother getting to know me.

I know the feeling. You try and blend in but always feel like an outsider. And even when you get to know people, you always feel like you're chasing them and they don't really want to talk to you.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

that's just how you feel and not exactly the truth.

People answer your threads don't they ?

Triple Bogey said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

That doesn't matter. I'm talking about friendship.

They can view me as a valuable member, and still not want to know me as a person.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Triple Bogey said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

That doesn't matter. I'm talking about friendship.

They can view me as a valuable member, and still not want to know me as a person.

Have you tried sending private messages to people ?

I'm shy.

And I'm probably overreacting. Feeling really down and depressed today, so my thinking is probably a bit distorted.

Seosa2 said:
Ideally ALL would lead to more relationships.

^ I think there are a lot more relationships going on around here than are ever publicly mentioned.

EveWasFramed said:
I'm just a cute snuggly huggly bubbly cuddly koala bear that just wants to be hugged and snugged.
First off all: Best 'fixed' I've ever done to a post.

Secondly: This was always obvious, Miss Koala.

:p

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm shy.

And I'm probably overreacting. Feeling really down and depressed today, so my thinking is probably a bit distorted.

No, you have a point, but this can be applied to other internet forums and most apparent on those hardcore gaming forums, where they form stupid cliques and like to isolate unpopular people.

It's very very bad to be at those places. I only been here a short time, and I think you're all safe here lol.

Latest posts

Back