A series of random thoughts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakin_Amazin

Reaction score
The phone doesn't ring.

It hasn't for some time, a reminder that I have very few friends, and all the things I have done wrong. For some reason the silence is comforting. I have gotten used to being alone, ever since I was in middle school and no one liked to be with me. At first I fought it, I tried to get myself into groups, tried to be normal I guess. But it didn't work. By the time I was in tenth grade I had accepted my role as a loner, not by choice, but by obligation.

It's been, what, five years since then? And I'm still the same old loner. Now it's just apathy that remains; I don't care much for keeping in touch with people, calling friends or whatever. I will write on facebook ocassionally, but I'm not addicted to any one means of communication, unlike most of the people from my generation. I never went to sleepovers, almost never went out to see movies with others my age when I was a kid, really never had the sort of "growing up" experiences most people have. I came to college with the combined experiences of a 13 year old. Only when I started living alone did I really grow up.

I went out with the friends I made, as I found out that college is a little bit different from middle and high school. When you have 15,000 students in one place at the same time you're bound to find people like yourself. So I went out to drink, find girls, dance (or try to). At first I thought it was the honeysuckle. This was real life, I told myself. It's what I've always wanted to have - the freedom to do as I wished. And in the degenerate society I was thrust into now, anything was possible, with a little bit of luck of course. And we all love our degenerate society.

So when I had the opportunity to finally have sex and lose my virginity I did what any redblooded male would do: I took it. Took me three years in college. I was 20. I wanted to be normal. And so I did it. Got into a relationship first because of the sex and then because I thought, if she's giving me this, it means she loves me, and third, because no girl had ever given me that much (or maybe, I think now, I hadn't allowed anyone to give me that much). What a naive thought, huh? Getting into a relationship for all the wrong reasons. I don't know why it had to happen this way. It's wierd how suddenly one realizes that the life you lead is empty, and you haven't done anything to make it change. It's sad to yearn for your youth and know you didn't live it to the fullest, to know it isn't coming back, and to live with that. It's hard to understand with a finality that kills dreams that oportunities come once, not twice, and if you miss it the first time you'd be lucky to get it again.

So here I am at home on a dreary day writing about how stupid I have been, in hindsight. I feel like the general who watches a battle from a faraway cliff and realizes that he is partly responsible for the carnage he sees, and that it is madness for a trivial cause. Is this life trivial? Is this all there is, just a mishmash of people, some marry, some divorce, some get killed, and some live to tell about it?

That's it for tonight. See you around.

Yes, it's just chaos theory at work.At least you are aware enough to realize that. in retrospect do you regret it that much?

I'm startled at the low number of replies your narrative seems to have merited, Amazin'. Encouraging me, for one, to add to that number. Let me start by saying - hell, what do I have to lose? - that your post, especially nearing the end of the fourth paragraph there, induced quite a bit of tears from this humble reader's eyes... As I write these very words, in fact, I can still feel them, plastered to my face. Admittedly, I have been sitting here for the past hour or so doing absolutely nothing (except, I suppose, sulking in my own dejection) - so a cheery story like yours can't be entirely credited, though it did play a good role in bringing me to it.

Silence is not comforting to me at all, on the contrary. It always seems to eat me alive. I always need the TV on, though I never listen to it (I suppose it somehow helps the loneliness), preferring instead some wistful music to perpetuate some tears, on occasion, and to help me reflect on my latent misery. In tenth grade I managed to amass a fine group of friends, myself, before being removed from that social circle like so many others to come to yet another new school. The place? As crowded as the bowels of hell. Friends? None. In all fairness, there are some... acquaintances, I suppose, that I chat with regularly through classes. Attracted, for whatever reason, to nod at me in the hall or make some smalltalk but otherwise distanced by my not-so-social nature. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I don't really want friends. Not anymore. I just want to leave. Much too late for me to graduate, and embark off to college like you! But, why should that stop me from enjoying the very 'degenerate' habit of drinking? *Laughs.*

I wish I had some drinks now. But, ever since I stole about two packs from the fridge a while back, and smashed myself through that fun little bout of depression, my parents have expertly hidden any and all alcohol in the abode. Or, haven't bought any. Who's to say - but surely all the better this way. But, back to this! I have had quite a few relationships, about all of em' heartbreaks, and haven't dabbled in any sort of physical romance to date. Yes, a virgin! I hear, at my school at least, that to be 17 and a virgin is utterly treasonous in terms of any hope of social acceptance. Any well-adjusted teenager ought to be going to some party every weekend, indulging in a wide assortment of drugs and no doubt the fruit of another's loins! Well, I can't say that doesn't sound exceedingly tempting, but I unfortunately lack both the energy and - more importantly - the number of contacts so as to merit myself entry to one of those polished gatherings...

And so, here I am at home on a dreary night writing about how stupid I am, in present-sight. In answer, I do not think life trivial. Instead, I include a bit of poeticism - believing in a sort of 'fate' governing us all or, even, something higher watching over us (though, I suppose that'd a bit of creed, instead). Call me foolish, or fatuous. Many have.

- Patrick

Taking an inventory of myself was never ment to be a self mutilations tool.

I'm not afriad to close the door on my past...Hopefully I can learn from my mistakes.
Writting helps to releaviate the pain and confussion. Sometimes it helps me see
patterns in the way I lived. If I'm honest to myself I'll see cleaer what my motives were.
It helps me see what works and what didn't.

At the sametime..I've also learned to write about my assests.
A complete inventory of myself....the good and the bad.

By learning to write about my assets...that too helps me change or see my attitute if
I'm neagtive all the freaken time... Its just a habit and breaking habits is not easy.

Can I be a fair and balance evaluator of myself ?
If I'm to be the GOD...judge and jury of myself.....would I be fair and balance to myself ?
If I'm to be GOD to myself....Would i allow myself to forgive myself ?
If I'm to act like god to myself...Would i love myself unconditionally as god would love me ?

Do I give myself too much credit for ******* things up ?
Yes..I've messed up. Can I rectified it in anyway or clean up my side of the street ?
Do I not take enough credit for doing things right?

If I've lived through a fucken living hell that I generated...and I'm honest about it.
Maybe I have combat fatigue or wounded in someways..If I'm honest it about it.
Maybe I'm not thinking or feeling quite right. Maybe I should stop beating up on myself.
Maybe i need time to heal and give myself a break.

Maybe in this process of healing..I'll learn to love myself, repect myself and take care of myself.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Freakin_Amazin))))))))))))))))))))
Please don't beat yourself up so much about the girl or taking the opportunity to have consensual sex. Life is about living, learning and experiencing. With the right person it could have turned out differently. We can't control what other people do or if they love us or not. The bottom line is you took a chance at love. Love is not for the faint of heart and cowards never find it. You never can know before hand how things will end. You take your chances and hope for the best. You have a lot to offer someone. You are athletic and take pride in your appearance. You are intelligent and have a big heart. You will find the right person for you. Have some faith. I know it may seem like your youth is gone but, remember everyday can be a new day. Every new day is the first day of the rest of your life. Keep your chin up, Kid. I believe in you!

For you,Amazin:
[youtube]v1kYQ8-dj8Y[/youtube]

Thanks! Things are looking a little bit better nowadays... even though I have an exam today. Hopefully things'll get better and better.

Latest posts

Back