About me!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random nameforsite

Reaction score
Let's see. I am a 19 yrs old guy and am an engineering student. I have a stutter, along with myotonia congenita(a muscular dystrophy). The disease affects my stutter severely. Therefore I tend to avoid as much social interaction as I possible can with new people. I can easily talk to those who I am forced to interact with daily, but if I'm given an opportunity to go out I always back out. When not doing homework I play video games because I don't need to talk to people and I rarely need to move quickly(disease causes stiffness in all muscles when relaxed).

Now, more related to the forum I guess, I haven't been on a date before. Yes I know, not that bad. I also haven't had a meaningful conversation with a girl at all. I haven't even really touched a girl. That sounds bad, but I just don't have courage to do really anything about it.

In high school I worked at a clothing store to hopefully give me more confidence, but I couldn't get myself to apply anything I overcame in my job to my own life(if that makes sense).

Side note: My condition has given me lean, defined muscles(athletic build even thought do literally nothing for exercise). I also keep with my hygiene, so I'm not repulsing people.

Thanks for reading for those who did! I'm not really upset with my life, just wanted to talk to someone without fear of judgement in person.

welcome Random. Like the name!

being 'different' in some way does make social interaction more difficult. I hope you can find something useful here.

Hey Random, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Welcome to the site, i'm glad you are here.

Hello Random nameforsite. Welcome to the forum. As Mr Seal The Albatros said, don't worry, you won't be judged here. :)

Hi Random,

Hopefully talking with folks online can help start to build the confidence you need to progress with things out there in real life mode :)

Hi there, welcom to ALL. Feel free to PM me whenever you want to talk :)

Latest posts

Back