ALL Book Club

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

flaneur

trinitycollegelibrarydub.jpg

A forum search revealed that the idea had been previously brought up, but I don't think it ever happened. Anyway, I'd be willing to organize this so that it can happen. If you don't know how it works, we read a book - each chapter in X amount of time - while discussing it in a thread. It usually ends up to around one book per month.

Those of us who like to read will be able to share our enthusiasm with other ALL members; those of us who aren't exactly voracious readers will, hopefully, find the club motivating.

If you'd be willing to participate (and not give up after two days!), leave a comment. I also recommend nominating books you'd like for us to read. If the interest is there, I will make another thread with the list of top nominations so we can vote on the first book. After that, we would be good to go.

Ha, I was waiting to see what the response was before I committed :)

I could enjoy a book club but I wonder if I would enjoy reading a chosen book that didn't appeal. Depends on what the title was I guess as to whether I would opt in?

Still a good suggestion though, to hell with the illiterates! ;)

Yay, I'm sure there's someone who would just love to go over the operating manuals for the Komatsu 930E with me.......

Anyone?

Lonely in BC said:
Yay, I'm sure there's someone who would just love to go over the operating manuals for the Komatsu 930E with me.......

Anyone?

If you buy me one (a motorcycle), i'm all for reading it. :)

SophiaGrace said:
Lonely in BC said:

Anyone?

If you buy me one (a motorcycle), i'm all for reading it. :)

Ummmm, the bike I'm looking at is a Harley- no instruction needed there!

Everyone knows the girl sits behind the guy lol.

(I can't believe I'm dumb enough to start this with S.G.)

whispers said:
Close call there BC LOL

Love reading, dont know if i can find the time right now, but i will try .

(Shhhhh.....I'm still cowering somewhere safe). ;)

I always liked the idea of a book club, but as per other posts, what do you do if the book isn't a subject of interest?

Limlim said:
I always liked the idea of a book club, but as per other posts, what do you do if the book isn't a subject of interest?

I think the idea is it makes you read things you naturally wouldn't. Though yeah I'm super picky so its also one of the reasons I've shyed away from joining a book club, despite always wanting to in the hope I meet an intellectual guy in glasses and fall madly in love.

Er I'm also scared because I cant pick things apart and discuss them. I have very simplistic emotional responses to things.

Maybe you can practice with us annik. We wont get mad at you if you choose to stop at any point

Lim, we are going to vote so i guess it's a good start

Latest posts

Back