Another lonely weekend...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alonelyshyboy

Reaction score
I just feel down in the dumps, yet again.

I am not going to lie; it's partially because I have no friends, and partially because I want a girlfriend. It sounds kinda dumb but I just want someone to cuddle up to; the thought of which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. As much as I'd love to have friends/acquaintances to go out with and have fun, I'd be content with being able to finding a partner. This is because it's the latter that has been making me feel rather miserable of late. I have never had a girlfriend, even though I have had crushes on girls since I was in grade 5 at school - FYI, I went to an all-boys school for high school (grade 8-12). When I see young couples together, it just makes me feel a little bit more inadequate inside.

I just have a feeling that university girls (the kind I want to meet) won't want to be with a 'loner' such as myself.

It's also kinda depressing when I am around other young people and they talk about their wonderful social lives or great friends and partners and I can't say a **** thing. It just makes me feel even worse about myself.

Why am I such a loser? I am not ugly (I have noticed female attention while walking down the street), I try to keep my body in shape, I dress modernly, I am educated, I have a good career ahead of me. I just fathom to think of someone like myself whom is also lonely and sad.

helen said:
Aww, I know the feeling... I think I'm probably the female equivalent of you!!

Do you talk to girls very often?

Not socially, no. It's because I don't know, nor meet a lot of new people. :(

alonelyshyboy said:
I just have a feeling that university girls (the kind I want to meet) won't want to be with a 'loner' such as myself.

They will only think your a loner if you act like one. When you meet someone new, they only see what you show them, they dont know you.

I think a lot of us here understand your situation. I know the feeling, seeing couples together and thinking to myself why I'm different. I recently went to a concert by myself. Pretty much everyone else there was with a significant other or friend, which not only made it difficult/impossible to strike up a conversation with any girls, it also made me feel like a ghost. I think the longest conversation I had the whole day I was there was with some girl who sold me a tshirt, and that was just business.
I don't have very many friends either that would want to go anywhere or do anything with me, maybe 3 at most.
Weekends.. Fridays.. always the same stuff. Find a hobby or something to keep you busy and take your mind off of it, if even just a little, it can help and it might even help you socialize.

Hi there, I'm new here. i must say i was quite startled by your post - cos i feel like i'm an exact female version of u!!! i can totally relate to everything u're saying/feeling......(excpet that maybe i admit that i'm not that well dressed :p)

Personally, i think my problem is that i'm a bit self-conscious; i don't like to open up to ppl that easily and ppl think i'm a nerd. I've been trying to change it but it's hard - esp everyone around me already label me as a nerd that image is pretty hard to change.

i always feel that 'the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer' (i.e. ppl with friends will meet more friends) and i would really like to change that!

anyway, i sincerely hope ur life gets better :) and hopefully mine will too.......eventually...........

alonelyshyboy said:
helen said:
Aww, I know the feeling... I think I'm probably the female equivalent of you!!

Do you talk to girls very often?

Not socially, no. It's because I don't know, nor meet a lot of new people. :(

i can relate to everything you're saying.

you just need to go out and meet people! do you like music? (everyone does!) go to gigs!

alonelyshyboy said:
I just feel down in the dumps, yet again.

I am not going to lie; it's partially because I have no friends, and partially because I want a girlfriend. It sounds kinda dumb but I just want someone to cuddle up to; the thought of which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. As much as I'd love to have friends/acquaintances to go out with and have fun, I'd be content with being able to finding a partner. This is because it's the latter that has been making me feel rather miserable of late. I have never had a girlfriend, even though I have had crushes on girls since I was in grade 5 at school - FYI, I went to an all-boys school for high school (grade 8-12). When I see young couples together, it just makes me feel a little bit more inadequate inside.

It's also kinda depressing when I am around other young people and they talk about their wonderful social lives or great friends and partners and I can't say a **** thing. It just makes me feel even worse about myself.

Why am I such a loser? I am not ugly (I have noticed female attention while walking down the street), I try to keep my body in shape, I dress modernly, I am educated, I have a good career ahead of me. I just fathom to think of someone like myself whom is also lonely and sad.

95% of that applies to me.

I am probably worse, though. From the sounds of it, I am a little older than you and still have not made much progress.

meh...

Hi alonelyshyboy. You are not a loser. Meeting new people, whether it's friends or a potential mate takes active effort. If you aren't naturally outgoing, you can work on that and/or explore other avenues like internet dating etc to improve your chances. You already have the looks, career and education. These are core traits that a lot of us wish we had going for us. Learning to meet people is something that is quite under your control. As for me, I'm still trying to accept the fact that I possess undesirable traits that I have no control over. I live in an area where most women don't like Indian-looking guys and I am trying internet dating as a means of meeting people in a safe environment. I too, am yearning for companionship. Many of us also know what it's like to have shitty, lonesome weekends, week after week. It's 6:00 AM on Saturday morning as I write this. Doesn't that tell you something?

Take care alonelyshyboy. I have a feeling good things are going to happen to you when you least expect it.

Latest posts

Back