Anxiety

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giggles86

Reaction score
Okay so straight to the point. My anxiety is at an all time high right as this minute and I can't shake it. I feel sick to my stomach. Does anyone have any advice on how to shake it or at least lessen it? I know the reason it's kicked in but there isn't anything I can do about it. I've had anxiety for a while now and it's just getting worse. Help :(

Do you know the cause of this? I've suffered with this briefly, but it's always something that goes over time. Wish I could be more help than that!

I do suffer from anxiety, but usually find that I can cope with it. My advice to myself, (which doesn't always work, but I feel is a good starting point) is to face it head on. First decide what exactly is it that you are anxious about, then look at the situation from a purely practical viewpoint. Is there something you can do about this situation? - if so then DO IT. Take whatever steps you can take that might improve the situation. Look at it from every angle. Talk to someone about it. Ask for advice, or if the problem involves someone else, then talk to them. If after all that there is really nothing you can do about it, then put it out of your mind. Be positive, and trust to fate. Often things turn out in a better way than you expect anyway, and if there is nothing you can do about it, then getting anxious is not going to help. Concentrate on something constructive which will then occupy your mind and dispel the anxiety.

I usually can't seem to get rid of it with anything really cos my mind just won't stop. I'd take something that CAN make me fall asleep. There's this particular drink that does it for me. And you could put on some music and just let yourself sleep. I don't know how else I can stop my brain from thinking but sleep. That's for me though. You can try it.

A bottle of JD?

Try to keep yourself busy and to things that you enjoy doing and you should be able to cope with it or face what's causing it once and for all.

I know it sounds blunt as f--k but I've been dealing with anxiety for 10 years.What triggers your anxiety attacks? Is there any way you can get away from it?

I hate asking people for advice =D Most won't understand the difference between anxiety and shyness.Good luck my friend!

I think you should make yourself very busy with outdoor activities. Staying at your home for a long time would only make it worse. Trust me it gets much better when you do a lot things outside of your house.

I've always struggled with anxiety as well. What's always worked for me is distracting myself with comforting interests. Watching movies, listening to my favorite music, smoking weed on occasion, et cetera. These might not work for you, it all depends on what your personal comfort activities are.

Of course, when I'm really stressed out, I can't concentrate. The only thing that helps me then is sleep. I can concentrate better after some rest.

I have not worked for the last 22 years because of anziety.

Someone said meditation and exersize and keeping busy. Things can only help to some degree. Nothing works for everybody. Self help books are great. Therapy or medications IF NEEDED. If there is a library get books on anziety disorders.

Most people do not have anzeity that keeps them from working and i hope it never gets to that point with people. It is a very sad life. And the pay is bad. Very bad.

Here's a part description of anxiety... "Anxiety occurs in situations only perceived as uncontrollable or unavoidable, but not realistically so"... Going by this part of the definition, I guess over thinking all the "possible" outcomes, however likely or unlikely, can lead to anxiety as well... Person with Anxiety Disorder can have anxiety episode when they're about to leave the house in a quite neighborhood with the fear of getting hit by a car... Not likely but not all impossible either... This is where the nature of what cause the anxiety comes into play... Whatever is causing your anxiety, how likely is it to have a negative impact on your life? If you can't say for certain that it will or won't happen, you can't really worry about it... Nobody really has full control over something they don't know... You can take all the precaution not to get hit by a car but it only takes one drunk driver to lose control over the car & hit you... If you're not certain of the outcome of whatever it is that causing you this anxiety, live your life as if it will never happen, or have a negative impact... Worry about it when it actually happens... If you spend days thinking & worry about the things you have no or very little control over, then you really don't have that "quality" factor over your life...

Latest posts

Back