Anyone else ever get really lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being alone is some sort of chain that drags you right back down no matter what you do. Get a new job, speak to people, make plans but nope! Loneliness rears its head at you and reminds you what you feel and who you are. I wish I wasn't lonely and had friends, a partner but still had my solitude when I wanted it. It's a dream at the moment because its been this way for years...:(

Raingirl said:
BeyondShy said:
Raingirl said:
I'm so tired, so ******* tired of how lonely I am, I want to SCREAM. Moved away, I'm in a new country right now, I thought that things would change. Wrong, it's just like before. Even my mom has like 10 boyfriends, i have no one. I'm all alone in my house with just me and my thoughts day and night. I work from home and that makes it even harder to meet anyone. How the hell do I meet people!?

I'm sorry that you are lonely. I really don't want anyone to be that way including myself. But I got to ask you why you thought living in a new country would change things for you? It's still you wherever you are.

Because it's a fresh start, change of scenery, change of everything. I've heard of so many people who turned their life around this way, it's easier being in a new place where you don't know anyone, apparently. My online friend who used to have absolutely no one moved to a new city and now he's busy partying all the time, traveling, has a ton of friends and pretty much forgot what it means to be lonely.
Guess i'm too much of a fuckup to be able to change anything for myself.

That's so not true! You are not a "fuckup". Please don't think of yourself that way. Some of us are introverts and we don't draw a crowd. That doesnt' make us "less than" other people. How long have you been in the new country?

I am lonely but I accept loneliness. I feel like life was meant to be lived alone.

delledonne11 said:
Raingirl said:
BeyondShy said:
Raingirl said:
I'm so tired, so ******* tired of how lonely I am, I want to SCREAM. Moved away, I'm in a new country right now, I thought that things would change. Wrong, it's just like before. Even my mom has like 10 boyfriends, i have no one. I'm all alone in my house with just me and my thoughts day and night. I work from home and that makes it even harder to meet anyone. How the hell do I meet people!?

I'm sorry that you are lonely. I really don't want anyone to be that way including myself. But I got to ask you why you thought living in a new country would change things for you? It's still you wherever you are.

Because it's a fresh start, change of scenery, change of everything. I've heard of so many people who turned their life around this way, it's easier being in a new place where you don't know anyone, apparently. My online friend who used to have absolutely no one moved to a new city and now he's busy partying all the time, traveling, has a ton of friends and pretty much forgot what it means to be lonely.
Guess i'm too much of a fuckup to be able to change anything for myself.

That's so not true! You are not a "fuckup". Please don't think of yourself that way. Some of us are introverts and we don't draw a crowd. That doesnt' make us "less than" other people. How long have you been in the new country?

A little over 2 months now. And it's true, I guess introverts really don't draw a crowd...it's like people have a sixth sense when it comes us and stir away, or maybe I don't know, I must ooze negativity or something. My mom's bf called me last night to ask if I wanna go out and of course I said no, again, since it's inappropriate!! but he doesn't get that...and as per usual he started saying "wtf do you do at home all the time, why do you like staying inside the house so much, that's all you do." This pissed me off so much, I don't like staying home, it's just that I never have anyone to go out with! I can't go out with him.

Today when I was taking the bus me and this girl randomly started talking, and god it felt so good to just talk to someone, we even exchanged phone numbers and all(tho i doubt we'll meet again), it's sad that a little thing like that made me feel better, happier.

I feel lonely every day. i understand that as a sensitive introvert who looks at the world differently to most people, I'm always going to be on the outside. I've just accepted it now.

Im sick about loneliness, i dont want this for the rest of my life.

I cant understand why there are so many people lonelly if we all complain about the same.

mari1969 said:

I cant understand why there are so many people lonelly if we all complain about the same.

You won't be lonely forever. Nothing stays the same in life. Things are always changing.

DaleEvans89 said:
....late at night, just lying in bed in the darkness, thinking about days gone by?

Every night. Although it's not just the days gone by that are the problem, it's knowing that tomorrow is going to be the same. And the next day. And the one after that too. And next week. Next month will be the same. And next year .... and knowing that no matter what I try to do to make things better, it just always gets worse.

There's no glimmer of hope that things will get better (and things getting better is quite different than things just changing) to hold on to.

During the day when family are occupied, I'm not lonely because there is always things to do. But at night I feel lonely when everyone is asleep and I've woken and there is no one to talk to. Sometimes I over think problems which I've no need to. Maybe my sister might come in and keep me company though.

I get it every day Amy. I'm lucky enough to have people around me most of the time but I still feel incredibly lonely. Even though I rarely post of this forum I visit it everyday and it has helped me lots

Stonely said:
mari1969 said:

You won't be lonely forever. Nothing stays the same in life. Things are always changing.

You very right, Stonely. Things are always changing. That can give us good cause for hope.

I get loneliness, but it's only a part of an overall melancholia. I think about all kinds of things.

All the things I wish I'd done as a kid when the world was still big and my teens and 20s were still ahead and my family was still young and my friends were all still here and there was still so much time.

The things I should have done in my late teens and 20s, when I already knew what I wanted deep down but talked myself out of it by convincing myself I wasn't good enough. Thinking if I'd only just gone for what I wanted instead, I could have ended this identity crisis that's dragged out for years now.

All the things I wasted time on instead, that I shouldn't have. All the frustration and grief that I could have avoided.

Chances I'd been waiting and wishing for, especially with those girls who really "got it". Chances I didn't take because I didn't think I could, I didn't know how, I wasn't ready.

All the turning points that I could have and should have changed direction and if I had, I might have been prepared in time, and feeling like it's now too late, that my time has come and gone.

Nights can be rough, but mornings are even worse. It's been hard for me to wake up in the morning to how things are now. It feels like every day is faster and faster. I just don't know how I can catch up or make up for all the time I've squandered. These are the kinds of things I think about often.

TheSkaFish said:
I get loneliness, but it's only a part of an overall melancholia. I think about all kinds of things.

All the things I wish I'd done as a kid when the world was still big and my teens and 20s were still ahead and my family was still young and my friends were all still here and there was still so much time.

The things I should have done in my late teens and 20s, when I already knew what I wanted deep down but talked myself out of it by convincing myself I wasn't good enough. Thinking if I'd only just gone for what I wanted instead, I could have ended this identity crisis that's dragged out for years now.

All the things I wasted time on instead, that I shouldn't have. All the frustration and grief that I could have avoided.

Chances I'd been waiting and wishing for, especially with those girls who really "got it". Chances I didn't take because I didn't think I could, I didn't know how, I wasn't ready.

All the turning points that I could have and should have changed direction and if I had, I might have been prepared in time, and feeling like it's now too late, that my time has come and gone.

Nights can be rough, but mornings are even worse. It's been hard for me to wake up in the morning to how things are now. It feels like every day is faster and faster. I just don't know how I can catch up or make up for all the time I've squandered. These are the kinds of things I think about often.

Just because you missed out on past opportunities doesn't mean your life is ruined. You still have time left to do everything you wanted!

Reassess your life and find out what will get you out of bed each day.

All the time. It, like my depression, tends to come in waves. It can be overwhelming at times.

Yes I do.. sometimes I still feel very lonely no matter how many people is around me.. I feel lonely because I don't have anyone I truly can relate to..

Latest posts

Back