Anyone else live alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm living alone after recently becoming single. The first time in 7 years that I'm out of a relationship and living alone. I only work 2 days a week. Has anyone who also lives alone developed any methods that they find useful to reduce loneliness? Things you intentionally make an effort to do and they work? I'm interested in knowing what you're doing. Thanks.

Err...I go gocery shopping weith her???lol

Renae dont give afuck where she gets her clothe..expensive or non expensive...Shes a girl. She likes to play with her clothe, nails andd hair.
Yes. Shell buy a 100 dallor outfit..
But honeysuckle dude...the last we were together she went into the 99 cent store and just pick out a pretty top.
Its Looks good on her. Shell also go to thrift store and buy cheap ass pants then decorate them or shread them.lol
Mkaes her own designer pants.....

Get it? Clothe dosnt make her look pretty....clothe looks good on her.
Notice the difference?.
She barely wears any make up....

Hi, I have lived alone for 11 years and find it very lonely. What I try to do when I am at home is to keep my mind as occupied as possible with books, TV and hobbies in order to try and push my loneliness to the back of my mind. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I also keep saying to myslef that hopefully being alone is a temporary state.

I've lived alone pretty much all my life. During the years I had flatmates, all I ever wanted was to have my own place. Now I'm living the dream. I currently only work 2 days a week, like you, but somehow my days seem to fly off anyway. I spend my days procrastinating online, watching TV shows, playing Xbox, somehow meeting up with friends, and occasinally doing some minor housework. And if I'm really desperate for something to do when I feel lonely, I go to the gym. It doesn't help with the loneliness, but it makes me feel slightly better, physically.

Ya know this subject intrigues me a great deal. I’ve been living alone for about 5 years now.. first time EVER in my life. Between family, house-mates and an ex-wife, there was always someone else around. When my last girlfriend moved out 5 years ago (on my request) – I was ecstatic! For the first time ever, I had unlimited freedom and my own space. It no longer mattered when I got home.. if I changed that roll of toilet paper right away.. if the dishes sat for an extra day.. if I walked around in my boxers… or if I played music too loud. Ok.. now let’s shoot forward 5 years. Now, it is bothering me. I’ve noticed that having someone else around just kept me in ‘check’.. My house is typically a pig-sty unless I know someone is coming over.. Somehow, I lost that social grace that I had when I knew someone else was around.. I’ve also discovered that on some level I now associate the house with my feelings of loneliness.. so some days I dread heading back there. I’m no expert – but I hope some of these tried-and-proven tips help. They worked for me:
1) Get a pet. I have a cat.
2) Keep your house clean. Designate a day of the week if necessary to get it spotless. My house is often the mirror image of my mental state.. and I’ve discovered that cleaning it actually makes me feel better.. like there is a psychic umbilical cord joining them or something..
3) Go to the gym EVERY day. Apart from the health benefits – and the fact that it reinforces a good habit – it provides some structure to your day which is invaluable..

I wanna tell you that a state of my is like been in the mind of your fathers eye. Like a wink from guy that walks past he dow wanna pulla ya he likes the way you strut the stuff :)

Latest posts

Back