:( anyone feel lonely even on here..... Or anywhere, anytime, isolated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been with my wife for 9 years and the last 3 years I felt so lonely, so left behind. Now we getting separated and the thought of being alone is freaking me out. I am glad I found this site, it feels like it a bottle of oxygen; doesn't solve anything but makes you feel like you will last a bit longer.

Its bad I find myself planning the rest of my life alone. Like what I plan to do for the next few years has no one else in it...just like its been for the past few years. I wish I had more friends sometimes to hang out with and have a laugh...yet I feel like I'm the only person who's in their mid 20s with no one in my future and its just an empty trek ahead. Godammit I hate feeling this way and having nothing change when im trying to do something.

SeaBee said:
Been with my wife for 9 years and the last 3 years I felt so lonely, so left behind. Now we getting separated and the thought of being alone is freaking me out. I am glad I found this site, it feels like it a bottle of oxygen; doesn't solve anything but makes you feel like you will last a bit longer.

Same here, I like your username too seabee

Wanderer145 said:
Its bad I find myself planning the rest of my life alone. Like what I plan to do for the next few years has no one else in it...just like its been for the past few years. I wish I had more friends sometimes to hang out with and have a laugh...yet I feel like I'm the only person who's in their mid 20s with no one in my future and its just an empty trek ahead. Godammit I hate feeling this way and having nothing change when im trying to do something.

Yup 21 and stuck. That's me.

Cucuboth said:
tc00 said:
constant stranger said:
Yeah, me too and I've become altogether more accustomed to loneliness than can possibly be healthy. I've got maybe the last 1/3rd of my life left to me.......what's going to happen, am I going to age all alone, die alone in my house, get found by the neighbors, my corpse decomposing in a chair with a book on my lap?

Ya, that's kind where I am too. But I'll never get used to being alone, though I certainly should be by now. I've always been one that hated being alone too. The worst thing is losing hope for anything better, anything more. It's hard to get that hope back, something has to happen, some positive, and ya can't always make what ya need happen yourself. I've found the ones in the past spewing tripe about what I should do (i.e. get out and meet people and about meds, mood, happiness etc) have no idea of what it's like to have severe depression, anxiety, long term loneliness, or even understand the pains of divorce.

Even on here the OP asks. Forums are not like talking to someone else with an immediate response back, ya may get a response sometime later or may not get a direct reponse referencing things you said at all. That's why I've found past forums, a lot like talking to yourself.

Is the chat room still in operation? When I went there I couldn't seem to get on there, though I signed up.

' The worst thing is losing hope for anything better, anything more. It's hard to get that hope back, something has to happen, some positive, and ya can't always make what ya need happen yourself '

This. So much this ....

I never understand why so many people find this so difficult to understand. A lot even seem to find it offensive to say such a thing. Loneliness doesn't go away by still being lonely. Yet many seem to expect that we can wave our hands around and *FLASH* we won't be lonely anymore. Or maybe, it's just that they don't want us to mention or show that we are. As long as our loneliness doesn't annoy them. When we need something positive to happen, especially something socially positive, something that will ease the loneliness at the very least, that's just not something we can do on our own. That is the very nature of the beast. I know for me, it has often felt like I am expected to fight off a horde of a million, armed only with a small blunt tablespoon, and the promises of support, of re-enforcements, that never come, are expected to be enough for me to fight forever ..... and it's just not.

It's sort of like, everytime I write here, or on my Tumblr blog, or anywhere I have every voiced how I feel, it's me shouting out for that support, for those re-enforcements. But they still never come, and I tire of fighting a horde that never ends, and just gets more and more and more .....

So much of your last paragraph. Same here.

tc00 said:
constant stranger said:
Yeah, me too and I've become altogether more accustomed to loneliness than can possibly be healthy. I've got maybe the last 1/3rd of my life left to me.......what's going to happen, am I going to age all alone, die alone in my house, get found by the neighbors, my corpse decomposing in a chair with a book on my lap?

Ya, that's kind where I am too. But I'll never get used to being alone, though I certainly should be by now. I've always been one that hated being alone too. The worst thing is losing hope for anything better, anything more. It's hard to get that hope back, something has to happen, some positive, and ya can't always make what ya need happen yourself. I've found the ones in the past spewing tripe about what I should do (i.e. get out and meet people and about meds, mood, happiness etc) have no idea of what it's like to have severe depression, anxiety, long term loneliness, or even understand the pains of divorce.

Even on here the OP asks. Forums are not like talking to someone else with an immediate response back, ya may get a response sometime later or may not get a direct reponse referencing things you said at all. That's why I've found past forums, a lot like talking to yourself.

Is the chat room still in operation? When I went there I couldn't seem to get on there, though I signed up.

We might as well read and never speak here

differentlonelygirl said:
SeaBee said:

Thank you :)

I did feel lonely here for a little while, especially when my relationship broke up. But since my return recently, I've got to know some nice people, and they have made me feel good about myself. And that has made all the difference. :)

SeaBee said:
differentlonelygirl said:
SeaBee said:

Thank you :)

Aw you're nice haha awesome

Mouse said:
I did feel lonely here for a little while, especially when my relationship broke up. But since my return recently, I've got to know some nice people, and they have made me feel good about myself. And that has made all the difference. :)

That's great you feel better now

Cucuboth, I know that feeling to feel like you are screaming ya can't stand it anymore and ya need help. There's a song called "Alone" by Todd Rundgren, a few lines are always in my daily thoughts as I battle the depression and loneliness and think of others enjoying the nice weekend.

From Todd's song, "Alone"

"And your bleeding heart, friends say, "Isn't it sad?"
But then they all go make love
While you go insane, insane
It drives you mad, mad"

And that's true, this one person that I knew she'd say, that's awful (referring to the solitary life I have, the depression and anxiety, and what people have done to make it worse), but there is never anything more than that, too bad, nothing more given, nothing more. She has a good marriage (25 yrs and still good), kids and close family, she has no idea what this is like. Some people use the excuse of not knowing what it's like till it's you, but I feel that's mostly an excuse. But it takes some effort, you have to have empathy and want to help in what ever ways ya can. You have to be a real friend willing to give time and energy. All too many people (especially today) are selfish to an excessive degree. They don't want to feel bad, want it to effect them, so easier to just say, oh too bad, have a good day, and go on about your own business.

As Todd puts it;
"And if nobody understands
The special creature that is me
And if they fail to see the me I see
Then no one else knows truly what it means to be alone"

The even less tuned in spout something about getting out and meeting people, not factoring in the individual factors like severe depression, debilitating anxiety that results in agoraphobia, and other hang ups that has led one to become cynical of people and their agendas. These types are like a clip from that know it all, Doctor Phil, as they parrot psychobable self help as if they really get it. I can't stand talking to types like this as they are always condescending, think they know it all, and really don't care at all.

Here is the tune from youtube. The whole album is wonderful, do listen to it all. He writes such deep lyrics.

Today I read a couple of horribly sad stories in the news, A police officer in Philly killed by two thugs, and in Chicago, a mom and her two young kids were run over by a careless dolt of a semi driver. The driver was not arrested but simply given a ticket and a court date. Both stories stir my emotions and I wish I could have saved them. I guess I should stop reading the news but it takes my mind off my own situation and occupies time. Sometimes it makes me feel sad that I'm so weak, when I'm aware of what others have to endure in this crappy world. How unfair it is, and the ones with the most do the least. The people that do the best in hard times do so with loved ones by their side, whether it's sickness, or losing their house to a typhoon in the Philippines, the ones that cope the best have a strong family and support one another. Terminally alone one usually doesn't have the same amount of fight over time.

I am married and have kids and yet no matter where I go I always feel alone. I've only been on the forum a couple days now but forums don't really seem to help. They are more a way for me to pass the time since no matter what I do it doesn't seem to matter to anyone.

Despicable Me said:
I am married and have kids and yet no matter where I go I always feel alone. I've only been on the forum a couple days now but forums don't really seem to help. They are more a way for me to pass the time since no matter what I do it doesn't seem to matter to anyone.

You feel alone with your wife too?
How old are your kids?

migima said:
You feel alone with your wife too?
How old are your kids?
Most of the time, yes. The kids are the only ones who make me feel better, like I'm not alone, but that only lasts for a moment. Sometimes I feel even lonelier after that happens. Ones a toddler and the other is less than a year old.

It doesn't help that I think I probably have depression. It went away for so long, I would only get it once in a while, but I've been getting it a lot more recently...

Latest posts

Back