Anyone have a trans-parent?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amthorn

Reaction score
Has anyone here had a parent who went through a sex change?

My dad had one years ago. He was always a very self-involved person before. We had hoped maybe some female hormones would soften him up a bit, but now all she does is spend all her time griping about how no one wants to be around her or talk to her. I do talk to her occasionally, but she is so narcissistic that it's hard to carry on a conversation with her in a serious way. I guess you can change your gender, but you can't change your basic personality quite so easily.

Frodothelost said:
you still use to call her dad?

I think frodo that 'dad' is a word to define a person who makes you feel safe, cozy and under shelter.. the word itself does not point out the factor of gender.. basically changing sex, Amthorn doesnt have to call her something female.. he could stick to any word that directs the definition :)

Nuzzy Nuz said:
Frodothelost said:
you still use to call her dad?

I think frodo that 'dad' is a word to define a person who makes you feel safe, cozy and under shelter.. the word itself does not point out the factor of gender.. basically changing sex, Amthorn doesnt have to call her something female.. he could stick to any word that directs the definition :)

Well said, Nuzzy, and to your point, I call her by her first name, or not at all.

I can imagine with how much preoccupation involved about a sex change would kind of undermine a number of aspects in parenting.

One of my good friends transitioned. This person was divorced, had a son in that marriage. He was a little boy at the time and would call her 'daddy'. Her family members would refer to her original given name. The whole situation was all kinds of weird.

Latest posts

Back