Are you ok?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

a lonely person

Have you even been asked this by a stranger? I dont think they could have helped me if I told them "no, im not fine, im a lonely person".

[video=vimeo]

I wish a stranger, any stranger, would ask me that for a change.

I've already bern asked that before by a stranger. As you said it wouldnt have helped if i said 'no' so i just said yes though it was clear that i lied.

Not too often, but yes, I`ve been asked, very much to my surprise, by strangers. :( Sometimes, simply the question, made a difference for me.
Hello...are you ok? :(
[video=youtube]

Honestly i dont react positively to that question be it by strangers or people i know because it just remind me how much 'unok' i am lol

I have occasionally said, "Yeah I'm okay, but I could be better". Sometimes they ask what's wrong, and other times they just look at me and laugh. I really don't think it's funny so I just stare at them to make them as uncomfortable as I am miserable.

In my experience, all strangers say is, "Cheer up. Might never happen." Is it just me, or is that a tremendously insensitive question? They don't know what people are going through, yet they ask. What if they've recently lost a loved one? "Cheer up. Might never happen." "It already has, but thanks for your input."

Never by a stranger. The worse question for me is "what's wrong?" Cause when I say nothing, of course I'm lying. I think most people, when they see you looking bummed out they assume something noteworthy and bad must have just happened that day. But that's never the case, same old honeysuckle. If someone asks me what's wrong I'm not gonna be like "Oh, nothing today...I just have shitty relationships, no confidence, penetrating boredom and zero will to live."

yes, sometimes people asked, but usually they don't really want to know the answer, it is like they feel bad because they see you upset and they feel compelled to do something, but asking that question is the most that they can do. In England, many years ago when I was particularly troubled, I got offered tissues a lot.

Oh, I wish... I would be shocked and then touched if someone, stranger would ask that from me out of the blue.

I have asked this of strangers. A couple of times I've walked past, then realized something might be wrong and walked back to see if everything was alright or they needed help. I do sometimes feel like it might be intrusive to them, but I only mean it with good intentions and I can only hope they understand that.

Ah! Never got any stranger to talk to me. I guess my stare can be quite deadly when I'm feeling really bad *chuckle*
or most probably I seldom make it show on my face when something's wrong.

And I've always been too shy to say anything to any stranger lol

I get asked that if I'm by myself at the beach or sitting at the park just thinking. I usually say I'm fine, but really I'm not.

TheRealCallie said:
lonelyfairy said:
Oh, I wish... I would be shocked and then touched if someone, stranger would ask that from me out of the blue.

Are you okay?

No.... I am not. ;__; Thank you for asking, though~! Kind...

Once, many years ago, nun asked me that, she was verry nice person so I remembered her.
I really don't like when people ask me that because when I'm emotional I'm not good at acting, I smile but it doesn't look normal and then I start crying and I really don't like to cry in front of people.

@lonelyfairy - I'm sorry, I hope you'll feel better soon.

Latest posts

Back