Asking a shy guy out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiger lily said:
Your making out like just because he's shy he will appreciate or be flattered by me liking him. I might not be the kind of girl he goes for.

Most shy guys are also "deep" guys and look beyond physical appearance to see what is inside. If you are a sweet girl he would probably be beside himself for you to show interest. I'm not saying you're ugly. I'm saying your appearance may be a plus, but it's not always a must for some guys.

Tiger lily said:
Your making out like just because he's shy he will appreciate or be flattered by me liking him. I might not be the kind of girl he goes for.
You may not be the kind of girl he goes for, true, but almost everyone appreciates someone liking them as it is an affirmation that they are desirable. They may or may not be flattered by it depending on a lot of factors. If they get this sort of thing all the time then they might not think much of it, for one example.

Instead of going for the all out "I like you" thing you can always try a sincere compliment first on them to see how they react to such a thing. This lets you show interest without putting yourself out there so much. If they act annoyed or something you know then you probably shouldn't reveal any more. If they pay more attention to you afterward it's a good sign that they appreciated the comment. And may also appreciate something more.

Tiger lily said:
A new life said:
A desolate soul said..........just smile and be kind...............
Blackdemon said for a woman to ask him out would be "a dream come true"

These two comments seem to say it all.
How hard could it be to just give a guy a little encouragement?

Or you might be the girl of his dreams.

Tiger lily said:

Well i think anyone would like to be asked out whether shy or not. :p
That is true that you may not be the kind of girl he goes for but on the other hand you could be the girl of his dreams. Whether you are shy or not most likely wont even come into the equation either.

ShybutHi said:
Tiger lily said:

Well i think anyone would like to be asked out whether shy or not. :p
That is true that you may not be the kind of girl he goes for but on the other hand you could be the girl of his dreams. Whether you are shy or not most likely wont even come into the equation either.

Made small talk with the guy, he just gave me a one word answer then walked away. Hmmmm

Tiger lily said:
Made small talk with the guy, he just gave me a one word answer then walked away. Hmmmm

Hmmmm.... how small was the small talk? :p
Also did it seem a bit uncomfortable for him and did you ask him questions about his interests or anything?
If he is a really shy person then he might of felt uncomfortable and left because of that... especially if there were pauses inbetween what was said. If you ask him some questions about his interests it should be easier for him to talk and then he should open up more and not feel uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Back