Attractive or not attractive.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike510

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a girlfriend or boyfriend they thought was really beautiful and after you break up and you go through different pictures of them you think they are not that attractive? I am not meaning ugly but I came accross some pictures of me and my ex-fiancee over the weekend and I kind of just looked at them and thought she seemed a lot more attractive when I had the pictures taken originally. I also remember how beautiful I thought she was and how I always felt like she really could of done a lot better than me because she was beautiful.

Maybe it is a psychological thing I am not really sure.

I had the opposite experience. Sometimes when I look at my son's baby pictures and see my ex wife I will be like "How the hell did I ever get a girl like that?"

And she looks even hotter when I see her now.

But I don't know, I guess if you start to dislike a person's personality they might become less attractive to you, I feel like the emotional attachment would make the person seem more beautiful.

I used to be obsessed with Jenny McCarthy when I was in high school and now when I look at her pictures I find her kind of gross.

Same with Courtney Love, when I was 13 I thought she was the hottest lady ever.

theglasscell said:
But I don't know, I guess if you start to dislike a person's personality they might become less attractive to you, I feel like the emotional attachment would make the person seem more beautiful.

I used to be obsessed with Jenny McCarthy when I was in high school and now when I look at her pictures I find her kind of gross.

Same with Courtney Love, when I was 13 I thought she was the hottest lady ever.

I think that may be it she changed her personality so much, but I still do feel emotionaly attached I even still dream of her and wake up realizing she isn't there.

Jenny McCarthy I still find attractive but I can't say I ever thought the same of Courtney Love (maybe since I am only old enough to remember her post Cobain marriage?).

I don't think Courtney Love was hot in the traditional sense. I was really into her when she was married to Kurt Cobain and she dressed really punk. It was before she got all the work done on her face.

I used to think that was really hot when I was 13. I felt the same about Kim Deal from The Breeders and pretty much any girl in a band. Especially L7 or Bikini Kill.

I think Jenny McCarthy's personality has ruined her looks for me, just all crazy misinformation she was spreading about vaccines causing autism. Whenever someone is just blatantly ignorant it makes it hard for me to see them as hot.

But I guess with your fiancee if her personality has changed I feel like it would alter your perception over her overall and it would affect the way you see her looks.

These are some great pics of Courtney Love from the time I thought she was hot, looking at them again I realize she was actually really cute. She was a lot cooler back then.

http://honeyhivintage.blogspot.com/2011/01/lovely-mess.html

Mike510 said:
Maybe it is a psychological thing I am not really sure.

This.

How many times have you thought that something wasn't as good as you remembered it?

I've got nothing to add, but it's good to hear you're untangling yourself from attachment to this person. She treated you like crap.

9006 said:
How many times have you thought that something wasn't as good as you remembered it?

I've had this but about things, not people. Those little barrel-shaped fruit drinks are watery, Sailormoon has all these little story details that now irritate me - it might just be about love blinding you..or your taste buds have changed.

I can't say I've felt this way. After breaking up with a girl, I've always tried NOT to think about them. When they've crossed my mind, their looks haven't been what I thought about. Their actions have been what I thought about. If I had to give my opinion of them now, I would say that I probably value their looks less then I used to as I could notice more imperfections in them then I used to. No offence to them or anything xP

It's a brain thing. Because you like them or because you're with them, you believe they're great, in nearly every aspect - looks, actions, whatever else. It's like your favorite food... You think it's awesome because you love it.

Latest posts

Back