bbm chat?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolio

Reaction score
So I've just downloaded BBM and wondered if anyone might be interested in a group chat? I would love to meet other Toronto based members but obviously that isn't a requirement. I find I'm usually up late and wishing I had someone to chat with about anything and the group allows us to connect with several members, not just myself but obviously private messaging is still an option. Anyone interested just PM me your pin and I'll add you into the groups and my contact list as well :)

Exactly. It requires you to be sitting in front of the computer watching for messages that might be meant at you. And besides you don't need to put a picture up or even put your real name on bbm, so still good for those who wish to remain anonymous. Doesn't look like there are many interested though :(

I didn't know you were mobile.

But even with other options the talk may not be directed at you. Also you can remain anonymous in the chat room here. You don't need your picture up and you can use your forum name. Most people don't use their real names in the chat room and I've only seen one or two opt to use their picture as their avatar.

People still use BBM? I think you'd get a better response if you used Kik or something more mainstream.

The problem with whatsapp is that it's tied to your phone number. I don't think that's so suitable for getting to know people online. Not at first anyhow.

Oldyoung said:
The problem with whatsapp is that it's tied to your phone number. I don't think that's so suitable for getting to know people online. Not at first anyhow.

Most people have crappy Skype, so I suppose that's an option.

I don't believe that I can get BBM for my desktop and I don't have a phone or any other suitable device. But I'm in Toronto too, so it's a shame we can't talk.

Well with the bbm you don't have to use your name or picture either. Or phone number for that matter and now it is an app (have it on my iphone) you sign up, it gives you a pin and you give the pin to other people to add them. And when you sign up you put whatever name or picture you want shown. Buy yes maybe not a lot of people are using it these days but it was worth a shot

mickey said:
I don't believe that I can get BBM for my desktop and I don't have a phone or any other suitable device. But I'm in Toronto too, so it's a shame we can't talk.

Oh well you can always private message me if you'd like. I'd love to chat!

Latest posts

Back