Bored? Entertainment Mega Thread (Update 2)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All.:)

I watch a lot of movies and television shows on prison life. "OZ" is my favorite one. Do you think that movies and television over-dramatize the violence in prisons? I understand that prison is no joke. It's a horrible place, but I have a hard time believing that it is as brutal as Hollywood makes it out to be. Do you feel this way?

Godspeed.
LK

Thankfully, idk...

They probably dramatize some things but it's gotta be tough honeysuckle in there. I probably wouldn't be able to survivre it... So that is why I stay away from all illegal activity :p

I'd say more than dramatize, they make it look 'cooler'. Like it's cool to be in prision standing ground in your possition, trying to scape, being brave and getting away with it... That sort of thing, which Hollywood does in pretty much every movie.

I wouldn't last 5 minutes in prison. Could you imagine all your friends on the outside partying, having a great time watching your favorite sport on a huge television while you are lying in a cell? I'd go insane.

There is an exception tough...

article12771580985d6240.jpg

article-1384308-0BF0134500000578-746_634x345.jpg

Norway's prisions are like a five stars hotel. I'd just ask to be transfered there :cool:

I'd say it's not over-dramatized. Some prisons are just ******* crazy places. Criminal training grounds.

Felix said:
There is an exception tough...

article12771580985d6240.jpg

article-1384308-0BF0134500000578-746_634x345.jpg

Norway's prisions are like a five stars hotel. I'd just ask to be transfered there :cool:
Yup. lol
I saw one on television that had a pool and lots of flowers around the yard. It wouldn't surprise me if many went back to prison after released. Pool, flowers, all that. It's like "The Plaza".

Indeed ^ It's nice to be in a country and know that if I ever end up committing a crime I won't have to fear the consequences.

Otherwise, I agree with BJD, some prisons are insanely violent.

It's interesting (in a terrifying way), I remember wondering how exactly some criminals are able to control crime outside prisons while incarcerated.

The answer is quite simple: inmates often form into gangs and the longest-serving prisoners are free to make threats to criminals on the outside knowing that their sentences are pretty much set in stone anyway.

Basically a life inmate will chat with a drug dealer if he gets a short sentence and tell him that he wants his family to receive a cut of said dealers' business. If the dealer refuses, the inmate will threaten him with violence and harrassment if he ever gets incarcerated at any prison in which his gang has members.

Thus that guy is pretty much in the pocket, ironically, of the criminals that have already been caught. It's quite disturbing.

These gangs are even overlooked sometimes by the guards at a facility because such groups intimidate lesser thugs into increased rule compliance, plus breaking them up might instigate a riot or simply prove futile.

So while I don't know if it's true that it's as violent in Western prisons as Hollywood portrays, at the same time I'm pretty sure that some prisons could contain some very unpleasant abuse behind the scenes.

I think in TV shows and movies you see the violence that happens in prison but you don't see the days and weeks and months were nothing happens except the daily routine.

I am going to see an albino Kangaroo next week I will get a good pic for you.

Parabolani said:
I think in TV shows and movies you see the violence that happens in prison but you don't see the days and weeks and months were nothing happens except the daily routine.

Pretty much this. What doesn't Hollywood make more dramatic?

most of the documentaries i have watched on prison life make it seem much MORE violent than the hollywood movies. so, to answer your question: no

I Just Watched The Movie "No Country For Old Men" I believe it's called. Is it just me, or is this dude not the spookiest looking guy you've ever seen?

javier-bardem.jpg

What was the deal with the air tank? Is there something that pops out of it like a bullet or is it compressed air itself that kills? I can't really tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back