Cell phones

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone still read in the bathroom anymore? its the perfect time to take 5-8 minutes (sometimes more after beer and mexican food), and read a couple pages from one of my Calvin and Hobbes books.

Blossomforth said:
Does anyone still read in the bathroom anymore? its the perfect time to take 5-8 minutes (sometimes more after beer and mexican food), and read a couple pages from one of my Calvin and Hobbes books.

Ha ha ha...!!! I do... I try to read morning news on my iPad when I sit...

One perk of having a tablet is using the Comixology app and having more free comics then you can actually read. Im not a big comic book reader, but i've found plenty to enjoy on the app.

my Nexus 7 is the perfect companion when i need to get honeysuckle done.... while getting honeysuckle done.

Even though I'm an avid smartphone user, I still have a pile of books nearby the toilet. Smartphones can't help me with such task.

I have just been given a Sony Xperia T as my friend up grade to the latest Z model. Before this I had Samsumg Galaxy Fame. Nice start for a smartphone. I only for this at the end of last year. I have to say I really enioy it, I raraely use my comp for the internet now, I am an avid facebook user, so love being able to log on if I am bored outand about (or can't be arsed getting out of bed to look). Some apps have been gteat help, weather apps, goog maps is ace and I have used it alot. Got to say though I am conscious about not being glued to it, I feel I have to balance right. My plan is unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of data. It has been a handy package, although since upgraded my mins to unlimited, other similar deals have gone down in price.

p.s. I read my Chicken Soup for The Soul Short Stories in my bathroom. *Shuffles away blushing*

GraceBlossom said:
I have just been given a Sony Xperia T as my friend up grade to the latest Z model. Before this I had Samsumg Galaxy Fame. Nice start for a smartphone. I only for this at the end of last year. I have to say I really enioy it, I raraely use my comp for the internet now, I am an avid facebook user, so love being able to log on if I am bored outand about (or can't be arsed getting out of bed to look). Some apps have been gteat help, weather apps, goog maps is ace and I have used it alot. Got to say though I am conscious about not being glued to it, I feel I have to balance right. My plan is unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of data. It has been a handy package, although since upgraded my mins to unlimited, other similar deals have gone down in price.

p.s. I read my Chicken Soup for The Soul Short Stories in my bathroom. *Shuffles away blushing*

A lot of service providers now have unlimited voice calling plans but did away with unlimited data plans... I know T-Mobile & Sprint still have unlimited data plans but their coverage can be spotty for some people... Granted for some, it works out great... If I didn't have my iPad, I probably go with T-Mobile myself since the phone I'm using is with the company called "Simple Mobile" & they use T-Mobile's cell towers... So many people now are using data, unlimited voice calling features are almost pointless... I'd rather call people & talk to them but I guess I'm one of the few...

Maybe i should get a smart phone. It would give me something to do besides engaging in pointless small talk with those around me.

Blossomforth said:
Maybe i should get a smart phone. It would give me something to do besides engaging in pointless small talk with those around me.

LOL... I guess I'm one of the few that went backwards as far as the cell phone goes... As I got older, I found myself not needing smart phone any more... I used to get a lot of emails & having to deal with a lot of on-line stuff...

I always get ones with good cameras on so I can take decent photos when I'm out & about, I also listen to a lot of music so it's convenient to use as an MP3 player, so I tend to look for ones which are good for music, with a nice clear screen that also have decent cameras on, but I do not like iPhones. I currently have a Sony Xperia which is pretty good, they've recently updated Andriod to .205 which has also added better performance so it's pretty quick too. I think mobile phones in general are a good piece of technology to have, even if you don't communicate with a lot of people they're convenient for other stuff.

I've always had a flip phone and nothing else. I reject the concept of using phones for anything other than phone calls-- I don't even text.

Gravely said:
I've always had a flip phone and nothing else. I reject the concept of using phones for anything other than phone calls-- I don't even text.

Well unfortunately for you they're so much more diverse now, you can use them almost like computers. Though you can still buy basic ones that just do what the name suggest, it's funny because I remember my first one, I still have it. Instead of a SIM card, it's an entire card... that slots into the phone. That'll give you an idea of how big it is, I think it's a Motorola.

sk66rc said:
Blossomforth said:

LOL... I guess I'm one of the few that went backwards as far as the cell phone goes... As I got older, I found myself not needing smart phone any more... I used to get a lot of emails & having to deal with a lot of on-line stuff...

i never felt like i needed to own one. i rarely need to look anything up when im out, and if something comes to mind, then i just make a note and look it up later.

maybe someday ill pick one up. i wouldnt mind ditching my ancient ipod in favor of a smart phone with all my music on it.

One thing that gets me about Smart phones and how big they have become. I'm struggling to find a smart phone that would fit my back pocket. The iphone 4 is the perfect size for me and this is one of the reasons why I haven't bother upgrading it.

i've seen some smart phones that are nearly the same size as my nexus 7 tablet.

i can understand the desire to have a bigger screen for media related activities, but you gotta draw the line somewhere and say "this is too big to be a practical phone"

Latest posts

Back