Checking my ******* MAIL!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ledchick

Reaction score
Ok, I am beginning to feel like I am Grandma Death in Donnie Darko....I cannot quit checking my ******* mail. Even when I know the mailman did not even stop, I still have to go out and open that stupid little box and look inside it....as if magically there is going to be something inside there. Hell, I don't even know what it is I would be looking for anyway. When I am expecting a special letter I know that it is coming ! The rest of the time it is always the same **** honeysuckle...bills, bills, more bills, and then the piles of junk mail. WTF! It is as if this is completely out of my control. If I don't go out and check it, I will obsess over it and if someone else checks it...well, that really pisses me off.
Good god, I think I am losing my mind! I feel just like Grandma Death, shuffling out across the road in my slippers and pajamas looking into my magical mailbox for that letter that will never come!
fresia!

LoL....Led

Stopped being hard on youself..

Wow..a magical mail box.

Just Imagine youself recieving that mail already and how wonderful that feeling is and just hold it.
Better yet just hold the wonderful feeling of you winning the loto.

LoL....Led

Wow..a magical mail box.

Just Imagine youself recieving that mail already and how wonderful that feeling is and just hold it.

do exactly that.... imagine winning the lotto... then imagine what you will do with the money won from the lotto. you won't be thinking about the mail anymore.

Azy said:
LoL....Led

Wow..a magical mail box.

do exactly that.... imagine winning the lotto... then imagine what you will do with the money won from the lotto. you won't be thinking about the mail anymore.

I had a dream last night that I won the lotto! I won 1 billion dollars. I woke myself out of sleep because i was talking out loud in my sleep saying, "I won! I won! I won!"

Really sucked when i woke up on the couch :(

Sort of sounds like OCD, where some people check locks. Are you really worried you will miss some mail?

*Considers harping about diet, but decides not to.*

There's OCD then there's OCPD.

However i think the way some of us were raised re-enforces these types of behviors.

Such as...
On the first day of x-mas my true love gave to me
On the second day
On the third day..lmao

Led needs a back Rub by her Hubby...:p
Studies had shown children with ocd, ocpd, add...or whatever the fresia labels..lol
If you give a person a back rub with ocpd..they'll clam down...

Another recovery tool is ...Let go and let god or just let go
Once you're in complusion mode...it's like opening your car door while you're going 100mph and trying
to stop the **** car with your feet..lmao

Telling a person to get over it or let go...is kind of retarded once a person is in complusion...it's beyound obsession
it's like telling a person to jump off of a fast moving train..lmao

It's like having a **** itch in the middle of your back that you can't scrath....ya gatta try to scratch that fucken itch man..lol

As OCDs go this isn't one that's dangerous to your health. But Lonesome Crow's right, no-one can tell you to just stop doing it. You won't feel right until you check the mailbox. OCDs of this sort are pretty common. There are a couple of things I do that I know I don't have to, but don't feel quite right unless I do. My girlfriend is worse. I think it's something built into the human brain that just gets focused somewhere it doesn't need to be. Don't worry about losing your mind; that'll just cause more stress. Think of it like a superstition. Some people are so trained by a culture of superstition that they can't bring themselves to walk under ladders or pass on the stairs. Many sportsmen and entertainers have little rituals they can't work without. There are more important things to worry about than having to check the mailbox. But any excuse for a back-rub can't hurt!

Led, as you might know or not know I'm a recoverying alcoholic or addict.
The nature of addiction alone is obsessive and complusive.
While drugs and alcohol had very, very destructive conquence in my life...so I had to stopped at a young age..

Just becuase I stopped drinking and using (physical addiction/abstance) dosn't necessary meant the ocpd was completly
removed from my life..It's every fustrating at times. It manifest itself any other areas of my life.
While being workaholic didn't bothered my boss...the pissed off my ex-gf.

I cacth myself faster..never the less..this didn't mean I stopped certain behaviors.
Sometimes I'll even watch myself doing it...or go into my ocd.

Letting go...helps me prevent myself from going into compulsion mode.

This is also one of the reasons why I had a hard time getting over my GF..becuase it wasn't
my chioce to break up...so I went into an obession over it a bit..lol
I counldn't get over her.

I also obesess in playing and writing music sometimes.

Err...I have all kinds of stuff..i purchased that I don't need..lol

The guilt trip of being obsessive was every damnaging to my mental health...

I was actaully surprized that some AA memebers would tell me to go and drink...
get it done and over with..out of the way...Err ??? that wasn't what I expexct to hear in an AA meeting .lol
They were correct...the more i tried to stop drinking the more I drank...WTF ???

I've also been able to tell myself...Yes..I did it and I'm going to do it again...and again and again..lol
Some reason...that seems to remove the obsession or unsolved itched..lmao

I simply just ask god to remove the obsession from me...No, I'm not religiouse.
I just got sick and tired of bein sick and tire of figthing my obessions.
Beats the hell out of me if other people beliving in god or not...I needed peace in my life.

I needed to stop beating up on myself or getting angery at myself for having obsessive or compulsive behaviors.
I needed to stop feeling guilty and ashame of having such a condition.
It's like if I was to get angery at myself for having cancer sometype of other illness.

I've also found some comfort or releaved through meditations...err no, I'm not a monk.
I have obsessive and complusive thoughts or thinking....meditations helps me slow down my thoughts or get
me out of my mind. In other words...I LOST MY MIND...lmao
I reside in my heart, upper consiousness, spirit or in the grace of god...:) woooo hooo.. I ma such a guru..lmao
I don't mediate so much in seeking god or to get closer to god...I do it to get peace of mind.
Then again some people say...that I've found god...maybe I did through defualt.lmao
BWT, god told me...."YA fucken Wierd dude...but I love you anyway"...:p

fresia it..I have boobies obsessions today.(substitutions):p
I'm also obsessing over reading books today....it's more positive or less destructive.
Yet i know obsessing over anything is not too good for me...
Progress not perfections....

Well, honeysuckle here I am BiPolar I with rapid cycling (and I do mean rapid cycling) with bouts of severe depression, tricotillomania, paranoia, agoraphobia and a whole variety of ******* phobias that are too long to list and OCD....but it is the **** mailbox thing that really gets me....and the trichotillomania....because I really love my hair and it effects my vanity. grrrrrrrr.......
Lonesome between the two of us we are a psychiatrist entire career and paycheck. I burned out my last psych in two visits and he said I had exhausted all the options he had for me...
I am going to see a new one tomorrow...tomorrow, I love you tomorrow....you're always a day away....
god I HAVE lost my mind.

you know all your fears and OCD are related to anxiety...so you might want to focus on calming down or facing your OCD by NOT going to the mailbox and going out into open spaces more often.

Facing your fears/anxieties often makes them go away.

The severe depression/bipolar is something you might want meds for and it'll take a bit of time to learn ways to fight against it.

And btw i love Little Annie Oakly too!

Lmao...Led

My first therapist..I saw a crazy look in his eyes...the look of that he wanted to hang himself...lmao

My last counselor was actaully a ministor...she worked with me for almost 4 months.
I wasn't sure if she wanted to do an exorsist on me.
She became very fuastrated with me...she fired my ass.lmao
I liked my long hair too..plus I'm a guy..:p

BUT I HAVE NOT WENT TO THE MAILBOX TODAY!!!!!! I HAVE STARED OUT THE WINDOW AT IT BUT I HAVE NOT WENT OUTSIDE TO OPEN THE MAGICAL BOX!!!!! ONE SMALL STEP FOR CHICK, ONE GIANT STEP FOR CHICKKIND!!

ledchick said:
BUT I HAVE NOT WENT TO THE MAILBOX TODAY!!!!!! I HAVE STARED OUT THE WINDOW AT IT BUT I HAVE NOT WENT OUTSIDE TO OPEN THE MAGICAL BOX!!!!! ONE SMALL STEP FOR CHICK, ONE GIANT STEP FOR CHICKKIND!!

Lol! Well done! Forsake the temptations of the evil box!

That came out wrong. No dirty responses.

ledchick said:

That's becuase you lost your slippers...:p

I do have ask...

Did you order marbles or something ...and you're waiting for it to come in ???

Latest posts

Back