Christmas with CenotaphGirl

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thumbing through a history book over the weekend, and I got to a part that talked about the feudal era, in both the West and Japan. Back then, feudal lords were constantly squabbling over land, power, and influence. It made me think that, the executives and entrepreneurs of today, are the modern equivalent of the old feudal lords. The "warring" they do today is financially rather than physically. But it's the same grab-as-much-as-you-can mentality.

The problem is, being a lord requires you to be powerful and cunning in the first place, and to commit your whole life to the pursuit of power. And I guess in today's world, it's to get a woman to like you - or personal ego, all-consuming obsession, and other things. But the problem with that is that to have a chance to do it, you can't have any interests outside of getting power, it has to be your whole life. That's the thing, lords don't have interests outside of work, they can't, there's no time or energy. Maybe their wives or kids can pursue interests, but they can't themselves. In other words you have to have no life outside of work. And it's a big risk, because most guys don't become lords, and if you went all in on becoming a lord, but don't become one, then you're not a lord, you're just a guy with no life. You're boring. And that doesn't get you anywhere.

On the other hand, you could forget about being a lord, and just try to have a life. But what if the things that naturally appeal to you, aren't enough for anyone else to feel like you have enough of a life to be interesting? What if the interests that are enough for you, aren't enough for anyone else? Then you're a guy with no life, AND you're not a lord either, and you get nowhere, just like the guy that tried to be a lord, missed, and now just has no life.

It seems you have to either go all in on being a lord, or all in on having enough of a life, to get someone to like you. Come up short either way, and you're not impressive enough, too boring, and you're screwed.

Then there's today's world, which offers more things to be interested in than the old world, and more freedom to choose the central theme of your life besides the pursuit of power. Especially since the end of WW2 and the rise of youth culture/subcultures, there are more things to be interested in for their own sake, that don't necessarily have anything to do with getting power. These interests and subcultures are what we know of as modern, normal life.

Also most people require more of other people to be interested in them these days, now that there are more options, and more awareness that these options exist. No one wants to miss out on as fun of a life as they could have had. Because of that, just having a job and going home isn't enough to get someone interested in you anymore.

The problem is what if you don't have the traits to be powerful, and you're not really interested in the pursuit of power/just don't have that kill or be killed gangster personality, but also not sure what you can get good enough at/if you'll ever get the skills and ideas to have a life, BUT even though you don't have any of these, you're still interested in attracting someone and living a normal life?

I don't know 🤷‍♂️

I was thumbing through a history book over the weekend, and I got to a part that talked about the feudal era, in both the West and Japan. Back then, feudal lords were constantly squabbling over land, power, and influence. It made me think that, the executives and entrepreneurs of today, are the modern equivalent of the old feudal lords. The "warring" they do today is financially rather than physically. But it's the same grab-as-much-as-you-can mentality.

The problem is, being a lord requires you to be powerful and cunning in the first place, and to commit your whole life to the pursuit of power. And I guess in today's world, it's to get a woman to like you - or personal ego, all-consuming obsession, and other things. But the problem with that is that to have a chance to do it, you can't have any interests outside of getting power, it has to be your whole life. That's the thing, lords don't have interests outside of work, they can't, there's no time or energy. Maybe their wives or kids can pursue interests, but they can't themselves. In other words you have to have no life outside of work. And it's a big risk, because most guys don't become lords, and if you went all in on becoming a lord, but don't become one, then you're not a lord, you're just a guy with no life. You're boring. And that doesn't get you anywhere.

On the other hand, you could forget about being a lord, and just try to have a life. But what if the things that naturally appeal to you, aren't enough for anyone else to feel like you have enough of a life to be interesting? What if the interests that are enough for you, aren't enough for anyone else? Then you're a guy with no life, AND you're not a lord either, and you get nowhere, just like the guy that tried to be a lord, missed, and now just has no life.

It seems you have to either go all in on being a lord, or all in on having enough of a life, to get someone to like you. Come up short either way, and you're not impressive enough, too boring, and you're screwed.

Then there's today's world, which offers more things to be interested in than the old world, and more freedom to choose the central theme of your life besides the pursuit of power. Especially since the end of WW2 and the rise of youth culture/subcultures, there are more things to be interested in for their own sake, that don't necessarily have anything to do with getting power. These interests and subcultures are what we know of as modern, normal life.

Also most people require more of other people to be interested in them these days, now that there are more options, and more awareness that these options exist. No one wants to miss out on as fun of a life as they could have had. Because of that, just having a job and going home isn't enough to get someone interested in you anymore.

The problem is what if you don't have the traits to be powerful, and you're not really interested in the pursuit of power/just don't have that kill or be killed gangster personality, but also not sure what you can get good enough at/if you'll ever get the skills and ideas to have a life, BUT even though you don't have any of these, you're still interested in attracting someone and living a normal life?

I don't know 🤷‍♂️

See now im a realist and when I read this I feel like im listening to my overweight friend, she says to me… and I quote

What if I just dont have a metabolism like you… what if I havent got the will power to calorie count like you, what if social anxiety stops me from going to the gym? What if binge eating is a coping mechanism for my childhood traumas… but I want to have a body like you… the answer is… you cant, and you wont and thats life sadly.

But thats just my opinion…others live in a different world to me 😅

Similarly, you can work as hard as possible in the pursuit of something, a goal, or you can worry if the effort will be wasted and hold back… but you’ll never know what you’ll achieve if you dont try. A man did a study on lifes biggest regrets, overwhelmingly it was missed opportunities and risks never taken… not taking a chance and something not working out.

This is the exact equivalent of saying women have to cook and clean the house, otherwise what use are they? I've known many men and women and I can assure you, neither wants to fit in those conservative and outdated roles.

Oh…. No… now this is not good, I cant resist the glaring logic of the mind set, but it is a bit extreme but let me put it this way… no one likes it… no one wants it… it just is… I’d rather not bleed every month but alas….

Latest posts

Back