Close but not close...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sway

Reaction score
Okay I'm not sure if a lot of ppl have a problem like this, but meh just sending it by.

When you have friends and family, there's times that you feel so close to them, and you can talk smoothly with them and have the best times :). Then at other times you'll get the feeling that your so distant and far from everyone you know, and start getting paranoid thoughts :( (minor thoughts of worthlessness, loneness, etc?)

I'm currently in one of these ditch moods :(, and I just wanna know if anyone can relate? What's the best way to get rid of this feeling for good >.< ?

I can very much relate; unfortunately I'm also looking for relief rather than handing it out.

All I've thought to do is try to prove to myself that these people care about me even when they're not directly saying so. Because it turns out to be very easy to prove (for a few of them, anyway), so then it makes any kind of thoughts to the contrary look foolish, which seems to help a little bit. It's like, expecting people to, if not show you affection, at least relate to you--well, it's something you want, but you can't expect them to do it constantly. It amounts to a form of greed, and, well, personally I have a natural aversion to things like arrogance and greed, so as soon as I define it as greed, it helps me to stop thinking that way. In all probability, you're not the same, so I can't tell you exactly what to do. Just posting about it does seem to help, at least briefly.

Think about some really good moments you spent with them and think about when they helped you smiled at you etc ask yourself what would life be like if they weren't here for you. Life's so short you should not spend time thinking this way. and you can speak to your family or friends when you think you're alone in the world you'll see that it's not true.
You can't ged rid of those nasty feelings for good but you can fight them and positive thoughts are usually helpful. I hope you'll feel better soon^^

What triggered those feelings? Keep note of when/where and perhaps why you feel like this - there might be a pattern or trend, which would be easy to break once you know it. x

Yeah thx for the support drama, tho I think I just managed and got steady again more or less it was gd to post it tho haha :). Umm regarding it, i still don't know know the pattern that well Kelbo, it usually happens with whatever social screw up that happens, like missed a chance with a girl, saying something stupid, and stuff, tho I think they're just common things lol that i doubt i can break off.....but whatever the reason i go emo for a week or two mayb more...which is really annoying cuz then people u know notice it and ignore you and all that which makes it more awkward and worse..

Hmm maybe I have minor mood swings?? or something like that? I dunno too much about that, but maybe it cld also be leftovers from when i got treated for depression? cuz i'm still shaky on what's it mean to be normal and stuff, if this is normal than i guess i'm making progress lol.

It sounds to me like it is more to do with your confidence...when a minor incident happens that is out of your control, then maybe you feel a bit insecure about it and doubt yourself and thus others around you? I feel like that a lot.

Try building on your self worth, how you view yourself and hopefully the rest will follow. If you can see why people would love you, then surely you won't doubt their love? :)

Good luck and sorry I didn't reply straight away.

Take care x

There's nothing wrong with moods changing like that.

I don't know why you would think that it's a problem. People have good times and bad times. *shrug* That's just how it is. :p There doesn't HAVE to be a reason, either. Sometimes it just happens.

I know exactly how you feel.

Me and people I am close to seem to drift apart over time, and come back together again. It can be overbearing with someone else living in your pocket so its good to space things out sometimes.

It's quite good ya do become distant with ya family sometimes because otherwise they'll turn into a right pain :)

Definitely sounds like mood swings. When I first moved in with my parents, I'd go days where I'd get nervous if I wasn't in the same room as them, then days when I freaked out if I had to be in the same room as them. Weird, no? Now that I'm off anti-depressants I've oddly settled down.

I bet LOTS of us on these forums can relate.

Latest posts

Back