Clubs, adventures, hobbys, and anything eles to combat loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E_Tx

Reaction score
I guess I'm not only making this thread to ask what else I can do to fight loneliness, but also to make a place for you all to share what you do too!

How do you fight your loneliness? I'm honestly very busy, I work around 30 hours a week, go to school, and my sister has twins that are about 20 weeks so she always needs help. I my free time love playing guitar! I haven't played electric in some time, but I'm getting progressive better at singing/ acoustic. I've thought about buying a web cam so I can make videos and have you tube girls comment with things like "omg can i Mary you!" lol, just kidding, I'm not that good.
I've also got a 29g freshwater fish tank! I love my tank so much. it hasn't completely cycled, but when It dose I'm looking to get a mix of Tiger Barbs and either a Rainbow Shark, some kinda of Rainbow community fish, or lyretail mollies.
I have been playing Mortal Kombat 9 competitively since it came out. I love that game but the online play is the worst thing i've ever played. a few controllers have seen there death because of it lol. when I have the time, a few places host tournaments and thoughts are always fun because I know most the guys who go to them.

I'm kinda of at a loss as of what I can do besides my hobby's. I'm in school and looking to join a soccer team which are great, but what other things could I do? I've been to the site Meetup.com, but most people on there seem a little to old to meet up with =/. I've also been trying out Plenty of Fish seriously. I haven't had much luck. I don't really like Dating sites at all. I hate knowing that if i decide to write out a long, well written, message to a girl she most likely already has hundreds of or messages to look through hurting my chances from the start.

what else could I do? are there any clubs or anything a 21 year old male could have a good chance making friends? I can't think of what to do ;_;.

if all else fails a new semester of school will start soon =)

I'd say I don't fight loneliness. I fight boredom which is caused by loneliness.

Even though I don't write or chat that much when I'm on the Internet I can easily get my time spent just by surfing around, reading news, articles, watching YouTube and so long.

Basically everything I like to do is here, in my room. My computer, my guitars, ps3, television, books etc. Killing time isn't hard for me.

I was always told that having hobbies would ease the loneliness. That through hobbies, I would meet people who had the same interests. That though hobbies, I might even meet a girl ....

But to be honest, I've found that hobbies only seem to increase my loneliness. I've tried to join clubs, but find I just don't fit in with anyone there. If I try to fit in, well, sometimes it has gotten quite nasty. And so the longer I keep going to these clubs, the worse the rejection and isolation gets.

Doing hobbies on my own, always ends with me loosing all interest in it, because it becomes yet another thing I have to do alone. Often, I can feel it, like a poison, eating away at something I used to enjoy. Right now it's doing that with photography. I'm increasingly pulling away from it, because I'm just fed up with doing it on my own. I still try to, sometimes, but ... I tried joining a few photography clubs, but, well, that didn't go well.

I'm not saying not to have hobbies, or not to try and join clubs. Just that it doesn't always work like many seem to think it does. Well ... maybe it just didn't work for me.

Latest posts

Back