Conscious bothering for being single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawx79

Reaction score
My conscious keeps bothering me for being single, what can i do to stop it?
I have been single for years and managed to do quite well but mind conscious seems to differ :rolleyes:
Anyone else dealing with this or is it just me?

My conscious keeps bothering me for many things ... it's kinda like these bad feelings that you can shut off. The key to fight them is mostly to try to think positive, to avoid to actively think negative and to try to do things that will help you to get over these feelings.

In your case, it is the "being single" thing... so you could try to get yourself in shape (if you aren't already) and invade the dating circles of your town. Sounds kinda easy, but is a hell of a game...

Can't say that is one thing my conscious bothers me about, many other things but not that. Maybe do like Pyramid suggested, invade the dating circles, get yourself out there. Try dating sites if you are more adventurous.

My conscience doesn't bug me about it, I very much enjoy being single. However, like the posters above mention, it does chide me for a great many other reasons.

Hawx79 said:
My conscious keeps bothering me for being single, what can i do to stop it?
I have been single for years and managed to do quite well but mind conscious seems to differ :rolleyes:
Anyone else dealing with this or is it just me?

You mean that sort of gnawing feeling every now and then that you should have a lady?

If so, I think that's kind of a natural feeling if you're single for a while. I'm not even sure it's a conscience issue, perhaps it's hormonal in some way? I find it comes and goes very strongly and when I get that kind of desire for someone in my life I tend to inexplicably become more emotional about even little unrelated things.

I kind of solved it by working out more, though it still bothers me more than it should. Anytime my mind pre-occupies itself with girls or anything of that nature I just work out at home a bit. It turns that internal maelstrom into something positive :p

Kinda like "sublimation", I guess. Turning a negative desire into something more useful. Not that being in a relationship is negative or socially forbidden, but if you're in a situation where you're perhaps not sure how long it'll be before you meet the person you want it can help to have a focus :)

I don't have a conscience, I'm actually amoral. The only thing preventing me from running out and killing people, is I don't like the idea of partings, and killing someone means you never see them again. And I detest violence even to animals, so yea, maybe that's a bad example. I'd probably never kill someone even if mad enough.

But I don't have a conscience so much as a heavy sense of other's opinions (I could lie, cheat, or steal if nobody was there to look down on me for it). Right or wrong never enters the picture. And those other people's opinions? Yea, they bother me about being single, among other things.

Well my conscious wants me have get a girl and to be with her and have a legacy on this earth. But this is very demanding and i know will never get.

It does sort of add an extra purpose for living. Sometimes you wonder if you exist for the sole purpose of consuming resources.

With someone else you can tell yourself another reason is to make them happy.

it bothers me a lot. Keeps picking at me and how I look, and if i deserve a GF ,if i am worthy , sometimes it wants me to commit suicide.

Latest posts

Back