Contacts??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tino Tsutchie

Reaction score
Okay, I wear glasses (I have since I was about 6) and I really want to switch to contacts, since lasik is hella expensive. Problem is, I've tried contacts before and I sucked at putting them in. When I first got them, it took over an hour at the optomitrists to get them in. I couldn't get my eyelids to open enough to get them in (touching my eye is no issue to me). Anyways, I'm older now, and I've always been self conscious of my glasses. I'm also considering buying a motorcycle and it would suck to have to wear glasses for that too. Anyone have any ideas to help me get my **** contacts in?

)

I don't think there is any advice except practice practice practice :) The more you do it, the quicker you learn to get used to it.

Yeah, just practice. When I first got them it took me at least an hour to get them in every day, I'd get so frustrated I'd cry. But it does get easier with time and practice, it only takes me a few minutes at most to get them in now. Use one of your hands to simultaneously pull the lower lid down and the upper lid up, it keeps the eye wide-open. It shouldn't be a big deal to wear glasses with a motorcycle though if you're wearing a full-coverage helmet with that clear plastic face guard that lifts up.

The very first time I used contacts, it took me 15 minutes just to get ONE of them in... and this was while I sat at my eye doc's office, with him watching and trying to help me figure out a way that works. That's the most important part: FINDING A WAY THAT WORKS FOR YOU. People can advise you on how to do it... but like anything else, you need to find your own method that works for YOU.

It just takes practice, like any other skill. You'll soon get used to it. These days, my eyes don't even water when I touch them because I'm used to it and I'm able to pop both contacts in my eyes in less than a minute.

So just... give it patience and time. You'll be fine. :)

Just takes practice. Alternatively, you could look at different types of glasses and see if there is one that might accentuate you; I think that some glasses can make someone look better, too.

Tino Tsutchie said:
Okay, I wear glasses (I have since I was about 6) and I really want to switch to contacts, since lasik is hella expensive. Problem is, I've tried contacts before and I sucked at putting them in. When I first got them, it took over an hour at the optomitrists to get them in. I couldn't get my eyelids to open enough to get them in (touching my eye is no issue to me). Anyways, I'm older now, and I've always been self conscious of my glasses. I'm also considering buying a motorcycle and it would suck to have to wear glasses for that too. Anyone have any ideas to help me get my **** contacts in?

)

Contacts are the way to go. At first I refused, but I gave it a try... and what a difference! I look way better without glasses and I can see better as well. The first time at the doctor's office took me forever as well. After about a week or two of fighting to get them inside my eye, I started to get used to it. Takes time and practice!

I'm thinking of getting laser eye surgery at some point. I hate wearing glasses, it's a pain.

Latest posts

Back