Cont'd Part III I got her my number.....but

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dax

Reaction score
It wasn't exactly smooth. Well I got in line and there was a couple ahead of me, so we didnt make eye contact till it was my turn. I said hello and called her by name and she said oh hey and smiled. She asked what she could get for me and I put my order in, she knew my name cause she didnt ask for it like last time. Stepped to the side but we didn't converse like last time, she was busy talking to her coworkers and texted somebody. So when my order was ready someone else assembled my food and when that happened I couldn't talk to her. Then I went to where they had the vegetable section to fix up your burger and noticed the sauce for the sweet potatoe fries wasnt there so I went back and she helped me. She had to go to a cabinet behind me to get the proper lid then was standing next to me and asked me if today was Sunday? I told her no today is friday. As she started to walk away I pulled the slip of paper with my number on it out and said here you go just in case you're free. She said ok and walked off. Definately wasnt what I was hoping for but at least I put myself out there, ball is in her court now.

Good for you, it's too bad she was a bit busier but at least you made the effort. Congrats for that.

Sci-Fi said:
Good for you, it's too bad she was a bit busier but at least you made the effort. Congrats for that.

Yeah. I echo this sentiment. :)

Good job, Dax!

Well done for making the effort and I hope that it pays off and she gets in touch with you.

dax said:
It wasn't exactly smooth. Well I got in line and there was a couple ahead of me, so we didnt make eye contact till it was my turn. I said hello and called her by name and she said oh hey and smiled. She asked what she could get for me and I put my order in, she knew my name cause she didnt ask for it like last time. Stepped to the side but we didn't converse like last time, she was busy talking to her coworkers and texted somebody. So when my order was ready someone else assembled my food and when that happened I couldn't talk to her. Then I went to where they had the vegetable section to fix up your burger and noticed the sauce for the sweet potatoe fries wasnt there so I went back and she helped me. She had to go to a cabinet behind me to get the proper lid then was standing next to me and asked me if today was Sunday? I told her no today is friday. As she started to walk away I pulled the slip of paper with my number on it out and said here you go just in case you're free. She said ok and walked off. Definately wasnt what I was hoping for but at least I put myself out there, ball is in her court now.

At least you've had a go.
Don't wait forever for her to get in touch though.
Loads of other nice girls out there !

Just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to read and comment on my post(s). I appreciate the encouragement and different points of views given to me. And no I'm not counting on her on contacting me, if it happens it happens.

Good job giving her your number. The ball is in her court now, as you said. Now it should be a lot clearer whether or not she's interested.

If she is, great. But if she isn't try not to let it get in the way of asking out the next girl. Hope it works out!

Glad to hear you followed up and gave her your number. You handled it well. At least she has another way to contact you. And as you say it's up to her now. Hope for the best.

She may or may not contact you. But this is an important first step.

Most of the time these things are a "numbers game." Get your courage up and continue to try and connect with other women you fancy. Eventually someone will reciprocate.

Your threads are inspiring, you did well I'd say. Yes, not as smooth as butter :D but did the job ? no one knows. go flip a coin. I wonder why she asked if it was Sunday. To make conversation?

To be honest I just took it she mentioned if today was sunday as a reminder of how busy she is. But it could of meant anything.

I'd say about 1 in every 15-20 of these threads, there is some success (the girl calls, or a date is arranged, or something of that nature.) I remember once a year ago now, some shy guy here actually did meet someone through online dating and let's just say it went well for him. Don't know if it lasted, but initially at least, it worked out.

I hope Dax will beat the odds, really, I do !

Thank all of you for the different viewpoints and advice through all this. The support has been great here and just wanted to show my appreciation.

Well its been 8 days....no response. At least I tried. Thanks guys

Hey man!

Fantastic job on taking the step there, keep going forward to the next one and who knows, you might end up in quite the awesome situation ;)

Just a small tip man, when it generally comes to the exchanging of numbers its best you get hers instead of giving yours, its sadly darn rare for the woman to initiate when you give your number to her and a whole myriad of things can happen like her losing it or just completely forgetting while busy for the rest of the day. Also I dislike that anticipation and uncertainty that comes with it, since if she refuses I know I can move on right there instead of having to spend a few days twiddling my thumbs.

So what to do? Well reach a point where you are both comfortable enough to properly converse with each other (not just small talk) and just casually be like "hey, mind if I grab your number? We should totes go for coffee sometime" and see how it goes. How you reach that point is something you need to figure out yourself though, and that's part of the fun :p

Best of luck in the future ahead!

KoosKoos said:
Hey man!

Fantastic job on taking the step there, keep going forward to the next one and who knows, you might end up in quite the awesome situation ;)

Just a small tip man, when it generally comes to the exchanging of numbers its best you get hers instead of giving yours, its sadly darn rare for the woman to initiate when you give your number to her and a whole myriad of things can happen like her losing it or just completely forgetting while busy for the rest of the day. Also I dislike that anticipation and uncertainty that comes with it, since if she refuses I know I can move on right there instead of having to spend a few days twiddling my thumbs.

So what to do? Well reach a point where you are both comfortable enough to properly converse with each other (not just small talk) and just casually be like "hey, mind if I grab your number? We should totes go for coffee sometime" and see how it goes. How you reach that point is something you need to figure out yourself though, and that's part of the fun :p

Best of luck in the future ahead!

Thanks I'll keep that in mind, but I think in this case she really wasn't interested cause she said she would be the one to let me know when she was free since she's at work alot. Which is why I went back to give her my number.

Latest posts

Back