Dec 21 2012

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who has read about December 21 2012

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • What is it about

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Garry said:
HAs anybody read anything about the " Mayan Calender and are you interested or have you read anything about Dec 23 2012

December 23, no. I have read that there will be a world-altering cataclysm on December 21, 2012 though.

Saw the movie too. I like a good epic disaster film.

I doubt that it'll happen.

Anyone ever consider the Mayans just got tired of writing on their little stone? I'm sure at some point they realized the absurdity of it all.

Before I ever heard of Dec 21 2012 my friends and I were discussing how the seasons have changed since we were kids.

all the seasons seam to be starting about a month to a month and a half later than when we were kids.

it takes longer for winter to go away now , ending in the middle to late April, when it used to end around late March .

Summer weather doesnt start now untill July when it used to start in around the MAY 24 weekend

Autum starts much later mow and extends about a month befor the winter sets in again.

This is only an obsevation of myself and several of my friends when we sitting around a camp fire discussing the weather and comparing it to when we were kids

Im 55 years old so I am going back about 40 to 45 years when we were 10-15 yeqars old and out and running all over the place

Has any one else noticed this change in the weather patterns and the begining and ending of the seasons

cheaptrickfan said:
Garry said:
Has any one else noticed this change in the weather patterns and the begining and ending of the seasons

Global warming?

I knew someone would say this and I agree it could be that.

But is it Global warming or is it Shifting of the seasons where by Dec 21 2012 as some people are sugesting that we will have a shifting of the poles and major climate changes.

We are having a light winter here and the USA is getting hammered down in the southern stated with record snowfall and cold tempertures

The reason why the Mayan calender stops is because they never really saw the point of carrying it on so far in the future.

Once Xmas 2012 arrives, these doomsayers will quietly slip into the background and try working out the next apocalypse, and the next opportunity to sell books.

The Mayan Calendar just resets itself in 12/12/2012. It's like our calendar. After so many hundreds or thousands of years, it just resets and keeps on revolving. No biggie.

If you know anything about Mayan history, you'd know that according to their calendar and mythology, there have been 5 different epochs, at the end of which the calendar simply reset itself and began anew. Lol I have no idea where these doomsayers got such a silly idea that it's prediction for the end of the world. That's ludicrous.

----Steve

I like this part of the forum that serches out related threads

Badjedidude said:
I remember it! I was never really worried about it, though. :p

----Steve

funny story. i was actually driving home that night from my job. dishwasher at the time. i was on the freeway. it was like a blizzard. no one was around. no sign of life. no cars. no lights. couldn't see any homes in the distance. as i watched the clock in my car turn 12 am (give or take a few minutes, wasn't sure how accurate it was). it occured to me that, indeed, the world may be ending and i wouldn't know. no cell phone at the time. i was kind of panicky. this went on for about thirty minutes. finally, i realized there was a high tech feature in the car that could help me. the radio. d'oh! well, i guess you had to be there. :D

^_^ That's hilarious! Oh, if only we had full-time, paid cameramen to follow us around the record these moments... :p

----Steve

Just_Some_Dude said:
Badjedidude said:
I remember it! I was never really worried about it, though. :p

----Steve

funny story. i was actually driving home that night from my job. dishwasher at the time. i was on the freeway. it was like a blizzard. no one was around. no sign of life. no cars. no lights. couldn't see any homes in the distance. as i watched the clock in my car turn 12 am (give or take a few minutes, wasn't sure how accurate it was). it occured to me that, indeed, the world may be ending and i wouldn't know. no cell phone at the time. i was kind of panicky. this went on for about thirty minutes. finally, i realized there was a high tech feature in the car that could help me. the radio. d'oh! well, i guess you had to be there. :D

Ha! Those white-outs can be trippy.

i remember hearing about this when i was in 8th grade, watching some video at school about the mian calendar and how they are hardly ever wrong about world events that have taken places.

still i dont believe i will see an end to existence in my life time or ever! i dont believe there will ever be an apocalypse, we will just be doomed on this planet to repeat our selves for eons to come

loketron said:
i dont believe there will ever be an apocalypse, we will just be doomed on this planet to repeat our selves for eons to come

I couldn't agree more. :)

----Steve

While i agree that the Mayans just realized there is no need to go any further in their calendar, it just seems to me they either ran out of room(have you seen how big that thing is?) and they didnt want/need to go any further. But really it is funny to me the whole apocolypse theory.

Besides if you look at history, human kind comes to a bottle neck previously in the past. Honestly i think mother nature will take care of itself. When she feels it is time for a new age, it will happen.

Time is relative and means nothing in the big scheme of things. There was life before humans and there will be life after, just relative to what life species survives and/or evolves. And maybe im worng. Who cares anyway. Just live your life and hope for the best. If there is an unstoppable occurance that happens, then its all irrelevant right?

Live your life people, thats all we can do.

Latest posts

Back