Did you ever love me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ShybutHi said:
What if someone thought they didnt deserve the person they fell for?
Maybe this person could of thought their partner would have a better life without them, especially if they were partially depressed. People can have thoughts like this which can seem pretty irrational and even selfish. Ofcourse thats not to say this person was right about their choice and may even regret it when they have properly reflected on the situation.

This description mirrors my first relationship. Although I cherish those memories and think of him often, I do not regret my decision to end it. We were young, I was in a rut (still trying to climb out) and I didn't expect him to take care of me nor did I want him to. It wasn't his responsibility.

I wanted him to be happy, even if it wasn't with me.

Break ups are not the easist thing to walk throught...the emotional roller coaster..the feelings of emotiness. The hurt. The anger..the renegociations....
Please give urself a break..if you need to cri...allow youeself to cry..if feel angery...allow urself to express ur anger...Everyone heals at a different pace and process it all differently..
Allow ur self to grieve..you lost someone or something very..very important to. You..a lost is a lost is a lost.
Intuitively you know what you have to do...love urself first N formost.
Be loving, gental and kind to yourself through all of this.

I just ended a relationship and I feel guilty because I am just so glad to be out of it. He wanted to get married, have kids, buy a house and get a dog. I don't want any of that right now. I just want to work and save some money. He wanted me to become a whole other person and I like me the way I am. He was a good guy, nice looking and could keep a job but he just wanted someone else and instead of finding that person he just wanted to turn me into them. I want him to go find the girl who wants what he wants.

I think this sort of thing happens to everyone doesn't it? I mean, most of us have been in a serious relationship with someone and we thought it was love, then something screws up between you. It happened to me. I asked her to marry me and she said yes. A few weeks later she dumped me for another guy. Apparently I got played the whole time.
You know that if it didn't work out, then it wasn't the love you thought it was, because if it was love then they wouldnt stab you in the back every freaking time you turn. I swear to god there must've been a huge target between my shoulderblades. The worse part for me was that she was never in like a down state without me, just hopped from me to the next guy. Then proceeded to try and make me jealous.

SaveMe said:
The worse part for me was that she was never in like a down state without me, just hopped from me to the next guy. Then proceeded to try and make me jealous.

That's fairly common actually. She cared, just not in the same way you did. You cared about her. She cared about her feelings.

Latest posts

Back