do you actually want friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think some people just feel awkward with hanging out with people they dont really know. i know sometimes ill get invited out by people that are only on an acquaintance level, and i just dont go through with the plan because i dont want to bother them or i feel like i will be awkward and so ill just avoid it.
on actually wanting friends, when i did have facebook i would see that everyone somehow knows each other in my city but nobody knows me? so i would wish to be apart of that group or more well known. but then i convince myself im better off.

I'd very much like to have some friends. Especially as the things that I want to do require another person (playing squash and bowling, to give two examples). Apparently, I'm not the type of person that anyone would want to spend time with, outside of work or whatever. I also have difficulty putting forward sufficient effort.

thegreyman said:
I'd very much like to have some friends. Especially as the things that I want to do require another person (playing squash and bowling, to give two examples). Apparently, I'm not the type of person that anyone would want to spend time with, outside of work or whatever. I also have difficulty putting forward sufficient effort.

Perhaps in time you will find the right type of person who wants to spend time with you, I hope you find a partner for squash or bowls, I love to play tennis but have struggled to find people who have the interest or time, though enjoy doing other things with me from time to time.

I would like a more varied circle of people that I could call friends, the struggle for me is that I value my alone time, but I also do really value emotional intimacy and closeness with other people. Sometimes that's a hard balance to strike.

I do hope everyone in the thread who wants friends finds them eventually :)

I would feel out of place with the people that I work with. Most the people that are around my age are severs and hosts as I am iv the back washing dishes.

I would choose a girlfriend who i became best friends with, im not sure i would know what to do with a male friend as havent had one for so long.

I am also drawn to people who are similar and who can relate. I think some people really want friends but are too scared to pursue the friendship or get drawn back into having their alone time. It can be overwhelming to someone who hasn't had many chances at getting out/having a friendship before. If someone pursues a friendship with me, I'm more than happier to online as it's more comfortable to me. In person, I haven't really had that much interaction with people other than family so the person would have to be understanding about that and be someone I can communicate well with.

Latest posts

Back