Do you ever feel like you are never really noticed by members of the opposite sex?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllAlone1

Reaction score
I'm a guy so I only know this from a guys point of view, though I do hear this from women from time to time but I am always atleast a little shock to hear some women say this because no matter how unattractive the woman may think she looks, there is always atleast one guy somewhere I'm her life that wants to be with her that's just how guys in general are there is always atleast one of us hanging around hoping you give us the time of day but she usually just chooses to ignore him though, this is a theory I have seen to be true from my experience time and time again not just with myself but such is the case for plenty of other guys. I'm guessing it's this way mostly because we are the ones that are traditionally supposed to chase them, but what about those of us that don't for whatever reason? I guess what I'm trying to say is that it would be nice if more women chased us or atleast took more notice of us or something. It's even bad on the Internet! It's a sad state to be in when you think of all the people on the net and you can't get not one person to take notice of you there!(just my opinion) But it would be nice if they wanted something a little different for a change and I don't mean those bad boys or the ones with a whole lot of money(their usually the ones that women chase) but those quiet, shy, mysterious, but good guys. Like myself I guess. But I guess that would be asking too much of the world we live in. Pardon my venting but this something I think about often and had to voice somewhere. Please leave your opinions I am curious to hear them.

Oh, I know it's absolutely true for guys. Women won't give me a first look, let alone a second. I was at a singles dance recently sitting with some other guys and they all got approached by women. Me? Not so much. I felt like a fifth wheel.

I've also been on dating sites and have never received any messages, either initiated by a woman or as a reply to emails I have sent.

oh...geeze....women have the prize, trophy or poontang. its not rocket science.
Kinda like a flower or bait....they can just sit still for a rat to get trap.

Male have balls. youre suppost to use them?

Even in the animal kingdom...
Males will fight or compete with other males.
Or do a mating call to attract females.
Instinctively females are going to weed out the weak males or/and seek out the dominate male.

So if you're acting and feeling like a little weakling. Putting out that vibe.
Instintively women will pick up on it. It's instinks.

So you're pleading your case to women to override their basic instinct?
K...what's the payoffs for them?
You have major cash?
What do you have to offer women that other men cant offer them? Love and understand?
What makes you think a badboy type dude isnt capiable of love and understand? Is he not human just like you?
There's 3 billlions other dudes on this planet. i dont believe too many women will go out of thier way...expecially
if they hold the PRIZE...

Just like how male are sexually more visual...such as breats and a healthy female to bare his offsprings.

I think that sometimes guys get spoiled and want women to come to them. Times are a changin' (as Bob Dylan said), but some things have stayed the same. Women want you to go out and get them, and yes sometimes they're going to reject you. It's just the nature things.

It may seem from your perspective that the other side has the the unfair advantage, but I bet that somewhere out there a woman is thinking the exact same thing. You gotta be willing to meet them at least half way. Go out, make mistakes and learn from them, you'll grow and mature and you will succeed eventually.

I think that sometimes the problem we have (or at least shy people have) is that we're too scared to go out and make the necessary mistakes to learn and grow. We gotta escape that mentality, and try to be happy. Things arent going to come to you. Women won't go and randomly approach shy guys who are afraid to show interest. Deep down...even subconsciously, women see these men as cowards, which is a turn off (IMHO).

Go out and do something about it! I've been a shy guy for 20+ yrs...and I conclude that shyness....is a negative quality.

It not just about having the balls to approch women.

The traits of not being able to overcome your fears, overcome obsticals or getting the job done.
There are many other factors in life and in a relationship that you must be able to raise above yourself.
If you simply dont go after what you want from the get go...there's other stuff you're
not going to do or have the balls to do as will. Alot of stuff in life isnt simply just going to land on your lap just becuase you think your nice.

Women have logic and reasonings too.

A girl made a move on me once but other than that I've been the one to make the first move. But then again I'm not very observant either so chances are it has happened more than once and I just haven't noticed it. Another thing I've found is that just showing up once beside someone of the opposite sex doesn't generally spark someones interest, but repeated showings tend to have a better chance.

So that whole stranger bumping into you and suddenly wanting a date thing isn't as likely as is being around at some sort of social event on repeated occasions with the same girl.

Lonesome Crow said:
Instinctively females are going to weed out the weak males or/and seek out the dominate male.

And unattractive or those physical specimens that aren't up to society's standards of what a desirable mate would be.

Sometimes, but sometimes out of the blue girls who IMO are quite attractive will go out of their way to hit on me, not often though. Or more often than the previous but still not that often, after I've talked with a girl very briefly, I know she feels some attraction even though we only talked briefly.

I have seen some "friends" get hit on every single night out by many women, which to be honest makes me envious. One of these guys is not rich, flashy, bad boy...etc. He doesn't even talk that much, but not that little either. And he's not really that good looking IM (heterosexual) opinion

I'm in high school. I always try to be cool and chill with girls. But they act like I'm an alien. bitches man. And I don't think I'm that bad looking.

hahaha high school is a whoooole different ball of wax. People are just ******* weird there. What the girls will want there wont be what they want when they get older.

LonelyInAtl said:
Lonesome Crow said:

And unattractive or those physical specimens that aren't up to society's standards of what a desirable mate would be.

and....theres a gym virtually in every town or city.
Theres also men clothing stores at shoping mall
too.....

mmmm...youre probably gonna take it real hard
when you get stood up a couple of times.lol
cuz youll be telling yourself.....
the stipid ***** could had just told you NO...
instead of playing games with ya.

and might even be homocidal and sueicidal
at the sametime when one of them fucksit your
friend. cheating is onething...******* your friend
is another....
Its not a fairy tail.lol

I dont think there's much difference between genders. I dont get hit coz Im not physically attractive. I've noticed that it's even hard to get male friends when u are not a pretty girl. Guys would get uncomfortable if their friends see them hanging out with ugly girls. Even if a girl makes the first move, if u dont find her attractive u would reject her as well.

LonelyInAtl said:
Oh, I know it's absolutely true for guys. Women won't give me a first look, let alone a second. I was at a singles dance recently sitting with some other guys and they all got approached by women. Me? Not so much. I felt like a fifth wheel.

I've also been on dating sites and have never received any messages, either initiated by a woman or as a reply to emails I have sent.

At the singles night did you ask any women to dance ?

Some blokes (like me) have to work harder than others.

I'm fortunate to get noticed (or I seem to be), but sometimes my shyness doesn't really do me favours when it comes to introducing myself. Though sometimes they seem to find it cute and flirt with me a little bit.

Problem is, I can't go any further than such chit-chat and eventual friendliness. Girls will smile at me and talk to me, perhaps even touch me a little bit (as in sometimes touching my arm/shoulder/chest or something when we're talking).

But I don't know how to be more than just a good friend. Which ultimately is about as good when it comes to founding a relationship as never being noticed in the first place :(

Every girl that I've nearly got close to has always initiated that sort of contact or flirtatious behaviour. I don't really feel like I should "pursue" girls, because it feels like I'm being selfish/presumptuous.

Nope. Girls treat me like I am sexually invisible in real-life. I do get to know pretty women fairly easily online on boards, though. That's how I got all of my dates, girlfriends, and lays so far.

putter65 said:
LonelyInAtl said:

Yep. Shot down every time. Tired, want to finish my drink, or just "no". And later, all seen on the dance floor with other guys.

LonelyInAtl said:
putter65 said:
LonelyInAtl said:

Yep. Shot down every time. Tired, want to finish my drink, or just "no". And later, all seen on the dance floor with other guys.

I'm sorry it happened to you.

It would be the same for me. That's why I avoid singles events. Too painfull.

Getting to know a woman in a normal, everyday way is my only hope.

TheSolitaryMan said:
. I don't really feel like I should "pursue" girls, because it feels like I'm being selfish/presumptuous.

Wow you said exactly what I was thinking but didn't know how to say that's where I was coming from when I started this topic! I feel like most women can have their pick of who they wanna flirt, dance, talk to, be with etc. To me that seems to be one of the greatest things about being a woman and I envy them for that!!! So with that said why should we persue them when they probably already have their mind made up as to who they want, most guys won't reject them like most women reject guys, so I totally get your thinking behind that statement! Another thing I was trying get at, is everyone wants to think their atleast somewhat attractive, with most women there's always atleast one guy around trying to persue their attention to me that's saying something but for some of us guys how are we to know or not, if no one ever hits on you, flirts with you, wants to dance with you, etc. You really start to wonder if there is something wrong with you!!! I'm not talking about hooking up with someone, starting a relationship, or getting married, I'm talking about just being shown some attention from the opposite sex every now then to atleast make you feel like a man that actually does exist, that someone in this whole world does find you atleast a little bit atrractive enough to flirt, talk to, dance with, etc. That's what I'm talking about and judging from some the post here, some get that sometimes and others get it alot while others hardly get that kind of attention if at all!! I was just saying it would be nice atleast in my eyes to see more women show attention to guys that society doesn't usually program women to give attention to but I must admit it does seem as though times are slowly changing because nerds these days are getting more love than they used to and while I'm not exactly a nerd myself, I have always been a root for the underdog type of guy because if these guys can get shown love by beautiful women or by women in general, there may yet be hope for me!!! Lol!

Latest posts

Back