do you ever forget to eat?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
Since moving back in with my birth family in 1996, I've always been called to dinner when it was ready. Yesterday my brother was not home for dinner and my father just grabbed something for himself to eat and didn't call me. About three hours later I realized that I had completely forgotten to eat. I don't blame anyone for what happened and there hasn't been any trouble, but it's really odd. Has anyone had something like that happen to them?

More often than I'd like to admit. But I've been dealing with a general loss of appetite for six years and counting. On top of that I usually find myself distracted by hobbies or anything else which is more interesting than the notion of eating. Since I'm alone most of the time, there's nobody to remind me of it either...so it happens that my stomach suddenly starts screaming at me after 10 pm, but then I decide it's better to just head to bed instead of taking a late meal.

If I'm very distracted, yes. But nothing too extreme. I've just skipped a meal or two on occasion.

I don't really forget, but sometimes I see it as an inconvenience. For example on a weekend I'm mostly busy with plans and and suddenly I'll remember that I have to eat if I'm heading out for most of the day then have to make time for it.

Well, leaving aside the times in the past it happened because I had decided not to eat... I was about to forget yesterday XD But luckily my headache kicks in soon if I don't eat, so somehow, I remember always LOL

It sounds like my forgetting to eat has little to do with being habituated to being called for meals. If people living alone, who are distracted or who are busy also do it, it makes me feel less bad. So thanks. :)

I tend to do this when I get too absorbed at doing something. Only to realise it late at night when the stomach rumbles. My mother used to nag me to eat properly but I think she gave up on me mostly now.

You have to train me how to do this. I am obsessed with my three meals per day. Probably why I am fat.

LonelySutton said:
You have to train me how to do this. I am obsessed with my three meals per day. Probably why I am fat.

Three meals a day is good. It's not good to skip your meals, even though I do that. I just get nauseous sometimes, that just turns me off of food. It's annoying - so enjoy it while you can and while you do. Three meals a day shouldn't make you overweight unless you overeat during each meal.

ladyforsaken said:
I tend to do this when I get too absorbed at doing something.

I do this as well...but I am reminded of my need to eat soon enough, when I can't concentrate anymore and find myself reading the same things over and over again without retaining anything. I also get somewhat drowsy when I don't eat, either.

I really need my three meals a day, otherwise I just can't focus.

Latest posts

Back