Do You Have A Next Of Kin?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Have A Next Of Kin?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zook

Reaction score
I don't. I literally have no family, no friends that I trust and my partner just dumped me because "a long distance relationship isn't working out for her."

When I go to the doctors and they ask who my next of kin is, I don't know what to say. I remember I had a minor operation in 2010 and a nurse was asking who my next of kin was and I said no one and she was very rude and said "that's ridiculous, you must have someone!" Then said I couldn't have the operation in that case because I have no one to pick me up from the hospital. (I ended up having it anyway, but still)

It's weird knowing no one will be notified if I died. It's also worrying no one will come to get my cat if I got run over by a bus one day.

I live alone with my cat. He's all I have.

Anyone in the same boat?

Can you explain the no family part ?

A lawyer would probably be a good person to talk to, to make sure someone would be an advocate for you if your health dictated you not being able to make the choices for yourself

BadGuy said:
Can you explain the no family part ?

A lawyer would probably be a good person to talk to, to make sure someone would be an advocate for you if your health dictated you not being able to make the choices for yourself

All my family are dead. Mother, father, grandparents, etc. I was an only child. I literally don't have family.

no aunts uncles cousins ?

I kind of get it ...no kids

I have DH and my kids. Our parents are deceased. My sister lives several states away. I never really knew any cousins or other relatives. I have a 67 yr old Aunt that lives half hour away that I see once in awhile.

I really don't know what some people do if they don't have someone to take them and lick them up. There is a healthride I think you can get . But they seem to want to send zone home only with another person.

Zook said:
I don't. I literally have no family, no friends that I trust and my partner just dumped me because "a long distance relationship isn't working out for her."

When I go to the doctors and they ask who my next of kin is, I don't know what to say. I remember I had a minor operation in 2010 and a nurse was asking who my next of kin was and I said no one and she was very rude and said "that's ridiculous, you must have someone!" Then said I couldn't have the operation in that case because I have no one to pick me up from the hospital. (I ended up having it anyway, but still)

It's weird knowing no one will be notified if I died. It's also worrying no one will come to get my cat if I got run over by a bus one day.

I live alone with my cat. He's all I have.

Anyone in the same boat?
Gosh that would be nice, not having the doctors tell anyone close to me that I just died. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually serious. Nobody really cares about me and I don't care about them either, which is fair game. But when I die, or something bad happens to me, and I see these people care, I feel good, yet in a disgusted way, because I know for sure that they don't care, and that they're just doing it or else they'll come out as rude. Doing good and having compassion for others should NEVER be an obligation, and it should NEVER seem enforced. Honestly, that's the kind of future we're headed to sooner from how I look at it.

Thank goodness you had the operation though. I'd be shocked if they never let you just because you don't have anyone close to you, which is a ridiculous reason.

Still, I'd rather be left alone, but my relatives or friends of them go on Facebook so much that they like to spill anything to the internet. How inconsiderate and rude.

Latest posts

Back