Do you have friends ... if so, what makes them that way?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyDaria

Reaction score
I have two friends... I wouldn't call them good friends but they are kind of the most special in my zone right now.

Lisa: a co worker at work... she probably doesn't seem to hear 1/2 of what I say. In a good way. Anything that I probably will regret saying she seems to not hear ... seriously and just doesn't remember it. She is someone I can completely rely on. I am not sure she does this for me.. I think, in general, she does it for everyone. I think, in some portion, she is friends with me because of pity. But also, I feel like she does depend on me at work as well. If I text her she will answer. If I call her she will pick up. Personally I find that AMAZING. There are very few in this world like that.

Susan: A former co worker. She is similar to Lisa in that if I say something stupid she seems to just look at me with this bemused look and moves on. She thinks I am very funny and laughs at a lot of what I say. She comes over my condo sometimes after work which is amazing. She lives close and helped me with my move. But, she is not has *always there for me* as Lisa is. She might come over and bring a mirror but I am on my own for installing it.

One problem with both of them... they are married with kids. So they have their real life to go back to when not around me.

I find it strange that I make friends with such people but...

Do you have any friends who you might actually turn to in pinch. What do you like about them and they you?

the very very few I had in my long life were… extroverted, poetic, sincere, a bit (or a lot) crazy, spontaneous,
like to be on the phone or on some messaging system, always up to philosophize about life, not always available for practical things but that was my fault because I used to be incapable of asking for a practical favor. And, well, they like me god knows why. Night owls a plus.

LadyDaria said:
Do you have any friends who you might actually turn to in pinch. What do you like about them and they you?

I have only two friends who I could turn to in a pinch. Both are women.

One woman I will call "Anne," who is a failed attempt at love. I loved her, we went out for a while, and she suddenly hit the Eject button. This morphed into a nice friendship. Her family has "adopted" me as a kind of surrogate brother since Anne and her two sisters had no brothers. I like her because really she listens to me and gives solid advice. She also seems genuinely interested in what I have to say. We give each other advice about our lives, and it's one of the better friendships I've ever had. Funny that it started out with unrequited love.

The second friend, I'll call "Stacy." Stacy is 17 years younger than me. We were co-workers and despite her young age, I found her to be very mature and we just hit it off. We've never felt any romantic feelings toward each other, and it just works between us. We talk about our various failed attempts at love, so at least I have a sympathetic ear for that stuff.

The problem now is that both of them are so busy that I rarely see them. I haven't seen Anne socially in maybe two months. And Stacy goes to school, so it's hard to get together anymore.

That's why I hit the dating sites, the Meetup.com site, and here, to get a little socialization, even if all of you are scattered around the globe. :)

Latest posts

Back