Do you like where you live?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chair

Do you like where you live?

The province of Manitoba isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be (it's not really a "happening" place, and like most of the prairies, relies heavily on agriculture), but I know of worse places. Winnipeg and Brandon are alright cities, though Winnipeg is more my style.

I personally don't like where I live - not as a whole, but the the small village I live in. I don't like small villages since everyone knows one another, and there's a lack of resources (stores, hospitals, etc.). Also, if you go out, people ask you questions. The city has its drawbacks, but far less than a small village. Big towns are OK (population 10,000+ or so), but the small village life isn't my thing. I'd perhaps like living in a small village if I was a highly respectable rich person - then I wouldn't care about people's opinions about me. ;)

To finish this off I'll say that I'm very certain that this small village influenced me to become the way I am - a virtual recluse. I'm far too much of a social phobic to venture out into a place where everyone knows me and, 95% of the time, will say something to me. It would be so awkward to go out and talk to someone now since I hardly go out, and when I do, I make sure to stay out of people's sight. If was to go out and talk to someone now, most people likely would think I've been living in another place for the past few years - no joke. The past few years have been isolation years.

I don't like where I live right now. I'm just waiting a few more months until I finish school then I'm up and leaving. I'm from southern Ontario. Around here you have the option of going north for country or Toronto for a heavy metropolitan area. I personally want to get out of this country alltogether. It's not that I hate it here I just find that there are probably much better places out there.

I don't think picking up and moving overseas would even bother me. I'm used to a life alone over here, so the worst that could happen over there is the same thing. The best that could happen is I get to restart my life in a sense. I think any sort of major move will give you that restart though, which is what I want most.

hell freaking yeah california, ive got san francisco less than an hour away
and then the other direction i have the mountains about 2 hours away
and then the ocean is somewhere over there. best of all worlds!

if i ever left id end up back here during my mid life crisis.

I love my tiny little town. I always get angry when people yell that "there's nothing to do in such a tiny hick town.".....but the way I see it, those people are boring. If you can't enjoy where you are or FIND/MAKE something to do, then you're a boring person. :p

So yup, I love where I am. But I'm still gonna move after I graduate. More opportunities and all.

----Steve

I like small town Priest River, Idaho. A ten minute drive has you way away from civilization, the people are generally good and respectful, and the air is clean. At a population of 1700 you know a lot of your neighbors. Coming from California, I far prefer the people up here. Apparently I'm one of the few Californians to fit in like a local.

I dont mind having no theaters or anything like that because those are only about 20 minutes to an hour away. I prefer being within close distance to nature; bike trails, lakes, mountains.

The bad part is that civilization is slowly creeping this direction. People move up here from the cities and more heavily populated states (like my parents did, ironically) and ruin everything there is to love about the area. A quiet lake for fishing suddenly becomes a popular tourist spot full of boats and jet skis with a growing number of houses on the shore, and you really start seeing the logic behind population control. It's very ironic because people move up here for the seclusion, when they are in fact the death of what they seek.

The worst part is the 'typical' Californians that move here or the Washingtonians that come here for their weekends and vacations, and gripe about how the people who've been here their whole lives choose to think or live. As far as I'm concerned if they disagree they can piss right off and go back home because it's none of their concern. For instance, it baffles me that gun violence is not an issue here, and yet you have a slowly growing number of people from California who think every firearm should be banned. Excuse me? I can't remember the last murder or shooting that I read about in the local paper.

So yeah. I secretly hope for a terrible plague to wipe out the population of Spokane so they'll stop bothering us. :p Other than that, it's a fantastic place to be.

I can't say that I like where I live (Miami, FL). I've driven to other cities and been to other states, and I can say that the quality of everything really is better in other places than here. The people here tend to be very two-faced, slick, and cunning. You can also add pompous to the list as well. I've been wanting to move, so that I may try to see what's out there and see if there are other ways to live, as well as other types of people to meet. As I become more well-adjusted socially and emotionally, I understand people better (and I don't like what I see). I get more and more of a feeling that it will be very difficult for me to do well here unless I turn into a two-faced scoundrel like everyone else. I get the impression that the good people are the ones who do the least well here.

I guess I'm exaggerating a bit in my opinion of my city. But, as you can tell, I'm really not a fan of Miami.

Not particularly. I used to live in Arlington, now I'm in Natick, and it's two different worlds. There's a freaking giant mall near me. I HATE MALLS. Plus gas seems to be more expensive, and there aren't that many good little coffee shops hanging around. I mean, I love a Dunkin Donuts, but if I want to sit and people watch, Dunkies isn't that fun.

Florida. A lot of people live here, yet good dependable jobs arent here. employers only want part time and are easily willing to fire you before 90 days... Florida employment rights gives the employer the right 'to change the terms of employment at any time for any reason or no reason at all.' security required schooling, 40 hours, to be certified. I went to see about a law enforcement career/job and I have to pay for schooling on my own. like maybe 7 states do that... and Florida is one of them. most states do paid training, for better training, and thats what i want. electric bill is like $300 - $400 because I pay what they pay to provide me with energy, and then what it costs them to make the energy. so my electric bill keeps rising, because if they buy coal or whatever at a high price, they just pass the expenses onto me...

i dont do things... so I dont care if it has clubs or parties...

no, I dont like where I am.

Troms, Norway. The second nothern most province in Norway. During the winter there is only about 2 hours of daylight every day, during the summer the sun never sets(the land of the midnight sun). Aurora borealis and lots of snow. It's very low populated, but on the other hand has very beautiful scenery.
There is alot of military activity around here, that is because of the great amount of unpopulated areas.

For activites on the spare time, this area is ripe for taking if you enjoy skiing or "climbing" mountains. However, during the winters many places are off limits because of the danger of avalance.

I didn't grow up in Troms, originally I lived in Telemark, which is in the southeastern part of Norway. I'm moving to Oslo by the end of summer.

The place is ok, I just don't like the people, on the upside this would be advantageous to me in a zombie outbreak. I can shoot my neighbors without without too much remorse xD

I like where I live... I am right near the beach, the city of Boston, and also not far from the Mts of Western Ma. As far a location goes... I am happy.

I like it here, in Norway. (Its eastern Norway). When its cold it can be really cold but not too long. When its hot it can be hot as well, not too much.
I would have liked summer all year, less winter.
I don't live in the city which is great. I need nature around me. Only sometimes it smells awful because of the farms.

SoCal....
Yeap the beach to the left, the river to the right, sand dunes to the south, the mountain to the north.
Everything is a skip and a hope away.
Don't live in the big city. I can make it to San Degio in 1 hour. I lived there for a couple of years. It was okay.
The traffic gets on your nerves after a while. I like nature
I live in a community of around 40,000. It's probably more becuase all the towns are growing and merging. You can't really tell when one city stops or the next begins.
It's probably around 60,000. around 150,000 for the entire county.
No major gang activites like big inner cities. No strip joins. No whore house. It's actaully a cool place to riase children...becuase there's nothing for them to do so they
can't get in trouble..hahahaaaaaa

I live on the nice side of town...that helps too.
My parents have a nice big house with a pool and all that good stuff...
You need a pool in SoCal...man

I live in the decidedly peaceful city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Do I like it here? Erm...yes and no.

I love the place because food is so cheap here. I'm not kidding. You can get a plate of rice with a nice fish and a fried chicken drumstick, vege, lots of gravy thrown in for only USD2 (Malaysian Ringgit 9). And since the city is full of people from all sorts of culture, you get to eat all sorts of food from kick-ass spicy curry to fry-me-to-heaven chinese food with flavours so good, your toes curl when you eat it. And you can always find restaurants open. Yes, even if you wake up at 3.30 a.m. in the morning and you decide you wanna go grab a bite, there are lots of 24 hour restaurants open (look ma, no traffic!).

I don't like the part about the crime here. It's just crazy. You can be sitting in your car, waiting at the red light, and suddenly, some moron uses his motorcycle helmet to smash your passenger car window to get at your handbag. Or you can be walking down the road, minding your own business, and some idiots on a bike will ride up to you, and snatch your handbag. Heck, you could be filling petrol at the petrol station and some morons will ride up to you on their bike and steal your bag. Basically, if your handbag's not strapped to your body like a tightrope, it's starting to feel like its free game for all to come and try to snatch it. Utterly horrid *ugh*.

Ripon, California SUCKS soooooo much thats why i got plan to leave not only California but as well as the country i wanna head to Europe and live in my favorite country SPAIN :)

Latest posts

Back