Do you pray or go to church?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drake

Reaction score
Please dont post here saying you dont believe in God and you gave up and stuff, I dont want to be depressed...no offense. I've always prayed, and always asked for a girlfriend, or strength to keep going. It seems like I get what I ask for but always screw it up, or I wasn't specific enough. So I'd go into more detail about the kinda girl I want..and it would happen, but there was something wrong with her, so I'd pray for all the things I did before but exluding the flaw with the last girl...and now this new chick comes around. Anyway, got a little off topic. Do you go to church at all and do you find that it helps? or do you pray at all and feel that it helps? I feel like my most of my prayers have been answered, except for the relationships actually lasting. I've been praying for someone else lately though and it seems to be working to keep that person happy...I dunno, some times I lose faith, others I rely on my faith heavily. Your thoughts?

So you think its higher on God's priorities to get you a girl then to save thousands of starving children?

no, prayer has no effect on reality... coinsidence my friend.

Porman said:
So you think its higher on God's priorities to get you a girl then to save thousands of starving children?

If there really is a God like what the bible says he should be able to do both.

But that's a religious debate and Drake even pacifically asked for this kinder posts not to be posted here. Start another thread up if you wont to debate this.

Porman said:

yes..

Drake said:
Porman said:

yes..

lol, ye fresia the starving children. We wont girls hahah

Drake that was the best answer EVER!

Everybody has thier own conception of what god is or not.
Anyways, my perception or conception of what god is had changed over the years.
A concept is something that's already established.
A conception is something that will change. My perceptions changed..becuase life changes.
I hope I didn't confused you.

Do what works for you Drake..that's what I've been told.
What works for me might kill you. What works for you might kill me.

I grew up with a damning god...Some **** old fart out in the freaken cosmo that
was going to strike my ass with lighting if i messed up...I certainly messed up alot of course.
Will...that didn't work too great for me. Living in constant fear or impending doom crap
was insane at the least.

I had to worked really hard to change the perception of what god is.
So oneday God and I decide to have it out...I cursed god out...F-it, i was tired of living
in fear. I gringed and repaired to get struck by lighting...lol
It was what i felt at the time , it was what i belived at the time....
Then I heard a vioce....maybe my vioce, maybe god's vioce...who the hell knows.
But God sort of laughed at me...I was like WTF ?
The vioce also said..."My child..why would i want to hurt you ? I love you. You are my child"
"Whom ever told you such non-sense has their head up thier ass..."
"They are not god, they are men....I AM GOD, Listen to me"
"Yes,you deserve to be happy. Yes you deverse to be loved."
"Can you ACCEPT this?"
"Ask me anything you want, don't be afraid of me."
" I am also your friend"

I was like....oki doki.
That was a start of a relationship...we were comunicating...lol
A Loving God or a HP communicating to me in ways that i can comprehend.
My conceptions grew and changed from that moment.

Yes..i used to pray for people all the time.
Send out good thoughts, send out good vibes.
Yes being posistive and keeping the faith.

Living life is sort like a prayer to me now.

Btw...GOD told me...I don't have to beliving in GOD..it's not a requirement....That's why GOD is GOD.lol
Sometimes I don't and sometimes i do... Oh will.
I can't alter truth. The truth is UNCONDITIONAL LOVE (GOD)
GOD beliving in me.

My family didn't believe in God and I sure didn't for the longest time. But in 2005 I started to take an interest in it because I felt that my life could have turned out a whole lot worse than having no firends. Since I didn't put any effort into avoiding a possible disaster in my life I thought maybe there were some other forces at work here....then I came to college and felt worse than I've ever felt before so my interest in God was rather short lived until recently.

Over the summer I started going to church and I try to pray too. In order to get baptized and all that I'm also taking these classes at the church, which I thought at the very least might be a way for me to make friends, if not learn something....as of yet, I have been disapointed in both respects.

When I pray, I don't really feel like I'm talking to God...I still try to do it every night but I have to force myself and I guess my heart isn't in it. Church can be nice though. I look forward to going all week. I've been going every Sunday for several months and although I still really don't know what to do there (I just sit when everybody else does, and then stand when they do) I like it all the same.

I think my biggest problem is that a lot of the time I only have a luke-warm belief in God...but belief in God is probalby a topic for another thread. But I'm really jealous of people that are more sincear in their belief. So if you pray and believe and all that, then don't let anybody ruin it for you, because I'd be very happy if only I were able to.

I've prayed before, but I've never gone to church. I'm not sure if it 'worked' or not, because I never really analyzed the effects I guess. I don't see how prayer could have a bad effect though...because at the bare minimum, it can be looked at as a positive affirmation to yourself.

I've definitely thought about starting to go to church, though. Maybe it would help me, if nothing else just to have a positive, supportive force in my life. Maybe it'd expand my social circle and help me meet people my own age.

I don't know though. I'm kinda paranoid about churches and their agendas sometimes. Why do they send out missionaries, really? Am I supposed to believe, this day and age, that they *actually, truly* are just trying to help people in what they perceive is a way to help/save people?

I'm not trying to turn the thread in to a huge conspiracy debate or nothin'....but if I ever decide to try it, it wouldn't be without research in to the organization before hand. Not so much questioning God. Just questioning the people claiming to be his messengers.

I really should just try going once. Look around some to figure out which church in the area would be the best first experience. Worst case scenario, it's not my thing and I don't go again.

Please dont post here saying you dont believe in God and you gave up and stuff

I don't believe in god... kidding.
Well I really don't, but I still do pray, because I don't think it matters if you believe in an almighty or omnipotent being, nor does it matter if he exists or not, it's the thought that counts, usually you pray for the good, not the bad, praying let yourself know what you wanted, to tell you what you believed in, I sometimes really just hope *something* exists that's higher than us, and I sometimes pray that things will get better, to me it doesn't matter who we are praying to, I like seeing people with a belief, not blindly, but people believing something for the good. Sometimes there isn't anything you can do but to pray.

I sometimes wanted to go to church, because it sounds like the kind of place where people gather and believe in something, religion is nothing but an ideal to me, which a lot of people do have also, and they're certainly not bad things. You believe in whatever you want to, to me religion just means there're a large group of other people who also are believing in the same ideal as you.

Lawrens said:
Please dont post here saying you dont believe in God and you gave up and stuff

I don't believe in god... kidding.
Well I really don't, but I still do pray, because I don't think it matters if you believe in an almighty or omnipotent being, nor does it matter if he exists or not, it's the thought that counts, usually you pray for the good, not the bad, praying let yourself know what you wanted, to tell you what you believed in, I sometimes really just hope *something* exists that's higher than us, and I sometimes pray that things will get better, to me it doesn't matter who we are praying to, I like seeing people with a belief, not blindly, but people believing something for the good. Sometimes there isn't anything you can do but to pray.

I sometimes wanted to go to church, because it sounds like the kind of place where people gather and believe in something, religion is nothing but an ideal to me, which a lot of people do have also, and they're certainly not bad things. You believe in whatever you want to, to me religion just means there're a large group of other people who also are believing in the same ideal as you.

Agreed agreed agreed. I to think there is no god as the bible would tell you but they has to be a higher world then what we know off.

I kinder feel the same way about ppl that go to church. I don't believe what they do and think most of them ert to learn to think for them self. But there happy with what there doing and its not bothering me so who am I to disagree with them.

I do think that there are spirits that maybe come down to look over us sometimes and maybe some of us have a guardian angel. I think when you pray them spirits hear you. Its like you just dial'd there number to speak to them.

I don't honestly I was going to say I don't think they could do anything to change things. But I have had one or two things happen to me that that would prove wrong. Coincidence or not. Well that's another story but Whether or not they can be of any help here in the physical world. I do believe when you pry they can hear you.

I go to a Korean church with my boyfriend almost every Sunday. I don't pray, however. I've only prayed a few times in my life. This is because I see prayer as something special, and I only "ask" God for things that are extremely important to me. I feel bad just asking God for little things, or praying for little reasons.

I'm actually more Agnostic than anything, but I still see it this way.

I believe in God and I pray almost daily but I have lost all faith in church, they spend too much money on stain glass windows when people are hungry,needing shelter and medical care. Gods work is not in the church, it's in the community.

Drake said:
Please dont post here saying you dont believe in God and you gave up and stuff, I dont want to be depressed...no offense. I've always prayed, and always asked for a girlfriend, or strength to keep going. It seems like I get what I ask for but always screw it up, or I wasn't specific enough. So I'd go into more detail about the kinda girl I want..and it would happen, but there was something wrong with her, so I'd pray for all the things I did before but exluding the flaw with the last girl...and now this new chick comes around. Anyway, got a little off topic. Do you go to church at all and do you find that it helps? or do you pray at all and feel that it helps? I feel like my most of my prayers have been answered, except for the relationships actually lasting. I've been praying for someone else lately though and it seems to be working to keep that person happy...I dunno, some times I lose faith, others I rely on my faith heavily. Your thoughts?

i talk to God but the sky is empty

Latest posts

Back