Do you suffer or have you suffered from?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you suffer or have you suffered from?

• Shyness

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Low self-esteem

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Loneliness

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Bullying at school or at work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • difficulties to make new friends

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • difficulties to find a romantic partner

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
That's not a good poll because people can only vote for one. I for one could have voted on all six of them.

Ah ****, do you know if I can change that?

I could only vote for one, so I picked "difficulties to find a romantic partner" since that's the one I feel I have the hardest time with. But I have dealt with all of them, at some point or another. Some I've gotten better at, some have gone away on their own, and some are still unresolved but I'm trying to be positive and keep working at it.

I've never been bullied at work (had some unfriendly bosses but I wouldn't call it bullying), but I was bullied at school a little bit (though I would later learn that it was not as extreme as what many other people suffered through). Actually it wasn't so much at school as it was on my home block, that I unfortunately shared with the bullies. Anyway. The ******** moved away, and I am still here, so that situation pretty much fixed itself. And even if they started acting the way they did before, it wouldn't faze me this time. They never physically attacked me, only verbally, and there's really nothing they could say to bring me down anymore because their opinions just don't matter to me. I wouldn't have any problem brushing them off.

I've gotten better at my shyness over the years and am much more talkative than I used to be. And while I had a hard time making friends as a kid, I have had a good group of friends for a while now, so I have solved that problem as well.

I have a little bit of a low self-esteem problem. This came about because I never felt gifted or talented or special. I never felt like a natural at anything, whether it was sports, academics, creativity, or anything like that. I also have difficulties trying to figure out what I should do for a job, once again, because I don't feel especially good at anything. But I don't want to be average either and I have dreams and desires of my own. I imagine as I get better at things, I will have more self-esteem.

I am not lonely in all senses, because I have my family and my friends which I am very thankful for. But I am lonely as it relates to having a romantic partner. I will be turning 30 this year, and have never had a girlfriend. It makes me have lots of self-doubt (which ironically, is a reason I suspect that I don't have a girlfriend - it's a vicious cycle). I'm fiercely opposed to giving up and I will keep trying, I believe I have or at least could have a lot to offer someone and I have no problem talking to girls, including my crushes. I see so many couples in the world and I believe that finding a romantic partner is something we all naturally want, and are able to do (save for people who are asexual, which I am not). Still, it's tough sometimes. It makes me feel like there's something wrong with me. But I keep approaching it with a problem solver mindset to try to figure it out.

BeyondShy said:
Solivagant said:
I can't vote because my answer is "all of the above".

Did you notice my answer or am I just invisible?

She probably just replied quickly to the first post and didn't read all the others first, not noticing your post unintentionally. It's common for people browsing a forum. No worries man.

Self esteem issues. That's a perpetual struggle. Not bothered by the rest now, although I was previously inconvenienced at various points in time by most of that list.

You should have added "Avoidant Personality Disorder," it's basically the 6 options combined, plus with many other symptoms, and yes, I think I suffer from that.

TheSkaFish said:
I see so many couples in the world and I believe that finding a romantic partner is something we all naturally want, and are able to do (save for people who are asexual, which I am not).

Many asexuals do want romantic relationships. =] People who don't are aromantic, not necessarily asexual.

Low self esteem, loneliness and difficulties finding a romantic partner.

Indeed, this really needed to be a multi check poll. But hey.

I've suffered from all of these like shyness, low self-esteem, loneliness, bullying at school or at work, difficulties to make new friends, difficulties to find a romantic partner etc. I think shyness is the biggest cause or reason for this, at least for me. Every time when I'm less shy, life becomes better in many aspects as getting new friends or getting a job. When being less shy and seeing how my life changes, self-esteem also grows which makes life even better.

Solivagant said:
TheSkaFish said:
I see so many couples in the world and I believe that finding a romantic partner is something we all naturally want, and are able to do (save for people who are asexual, which I am not).

Many asexuals do want romantic relationships. =] People who don't are aromantic, not necessarily asexual.

Whoops. I must have mixed up my terms. Asexuality and aromanticism are not subjects I know much about. I thought that "asexual" meant a person had no biological drive for sex, and since romance is usually the civilized aspect of sexuality, I assumed that they would have no use for romance either.

I learned something new today!

AnonymousMe said:
You should have added "Avoidant Personality Disorder," it's basically the 6 options combined, plus with many other symptoms, and yes, I think I suffer from that.

What do you mean exactly by that? Can you explain a little bit more?

you can only pick one? I don't understand... they are all the same kind, you should be able to pick more than one

Same as everybody above except being bully and maybe finding friends.

I choose the romantic partner because my love line has never had a nice side to it...They were all worthless men...

TheSkaFish said:
I thought that "asexual" meant a person had no biological drive for sex, and since romance is usually the civilized aspect of sexuality, I assumed that they would have no use for romance either.

Not at all. =] A person can be sexual and aromantic too. The drive to have sex and the drive to have a romantic relationship go hand-in-hand for many people, but are in fact separate from each other.

Latest posts

Back