Does anyone else love December?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSolitaryMan

Reaction score
Studies are winding down slowly, the beauty of Winter is starting to come out, people have started to decorate their homes in all the festive colours.

Awesome food and drink. A warm fire as it rains outside. Perhaps some snow. Classic songs you've heard since you've been a kid. Just chilling out, buying some nice stuff for people and getting some cool gifts in return. Helping out people less fortunate and feeling like you've accomplished something.

I can't think of any other time of year where I can relax so much, or to so unique a backdrop.

Which is strange, because Christmas time is of course when loneliness bites a bit. Fortunately my family are a good bunch, so I guess that's one reason I enjoy it. But I feel like it's just a time when I can forget a little bit about finding romance and just enjoy everything around me.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that people should just be able to relax like that more often, holding family meals and just being grateful for each others' company. Perhaps when I have a family I'll enforce some kind of "TSM festival" several times a year :D

December is my favourite month, and that's despite summer being my favourite season. I'm fairly obsessed with christmas, and I go all out. Baking, music, decorations, candles, food, wrapping presents; I love it all so much. I don't even mind being alone. Everything is wonderful and magical anyway. :D

December is also the month that always renews my hope.

I like December too. It's the only time of the year that I get to walk around with a smile and not feel like I'm creepy. Everyone is cheerful all the same and I love Christmas lights and decorations and not to mention, I'll be going home! woot! :D

Being very blessed with a family that loves me and a safe neighborhood to live in, December seems to put a lot of people in good spirits,myself included. My father, as cynical as he is, he often says "..Take away the gifts and see how merry everyone is.." Truth is, he loves the December month and Christmas as much as all of us.

Still, this time of year I can't help but feel so sorry for those who don't have anyone. While young children are awake in their warm homes on Christmas day, and tearing that plastic wrap off their new 360 title, there are others who are in a soup kitchen just hoping that there is enough food for a second helping.

Absolutely... always brings back the childhood memories and I enjoy seeing family again. I decorate before thanksgiving sometimes...haha.

I miss northern Decembers, with their skeletal trees and frosted windows. I miss the way it feels at night, walking in flurries while everybody else is nestled in bed... and all of the ugly things are blanketed, hidden away under white, and it seems as though you're the only person in this crystal world.

Gimme sunny summer days any day over 'Whoops-slipped-onna-ice-and-facefirst-into-frozen-concrete'. Although I've been lucky enough to land on my knee, so far. Still, hate this blasted frozen season, the bitter winter of our discontent.

Bread said:
Gimme sunny summer days any day over 'Whoops-slipped-onna-ice-and-facefirst-into-frozen-concrete'. Although I've been lucky enough to land on my knee, so far. Still, hate this blasted frozen season, the bitter winter of our discontent.

God I hate that. I had to walk to work once like that for a year or so, too. At some point it just seems worth it to crawl on all fours.

I slipped on ice and broke my coccyx; spent four weeks lying on my stomach because sitting or lying on my back was too painful. That was January, though, so December is still good. :D

The only cold here during Dec-Feb is that of cold fronts! It's cold for like a day or two and then it's back to the warm temperatures.

..... Well, I guess I am the odd one out here (as usual) but for me, being the black sheep of my family, December is just a bitchy time for me... Christmas is supposed to be a happy time, family, festive food, laughing and so on and on.. but for me while all this great happiness is going on all around me, inside of me is this bitter, angry person.. sorry I guess I am a scrooge.
AND to top it off Christmas has been so commercialized that it is just not fun anymore.

):

December sucks. It's cold, which is only a good thing if you have plenty of opportunity to spend quality time with someone/people you love, and to top it off, the entire planet goes haywire, while constantly reminding you that you're *supposed* to have a good time with the people you love.

All very nice when you have a loving and caring family who doesn't live miles and miles away, but if you don't fall in that exact category, december will just suck big time.

I like dedembre too.

here is hot but not so much (summer begins the 21st) the perfect temperature.

Latest posts

Back