Does anyone ever feel empty inside like I do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I felt that emptiness more often when I was younger and more worried about all these ideas of 'greater purposes' and whose life has what value. It never got me anywhere. Some of us live in blissful ignorance but I stopped envying them a long time ago...I prefer to be thoughtful and even melancholic at times. I would never give this up along with my wittiness just to receive a little piece of rather shallow happiness.

It's true that not everyone of us is made to change the world, but that's all subjective. You can change the world with one little deed at a time, but the nature of the deed is up to you. And no matter how small the deed is: If it brings you and maybe even others fulfillment, who's gonna stand there and judge you for it?

All you can do is be yourself and do what you can. Indeed, it's not more than "Giving it a whirl", but that's nothing to be ashamed of. It's not all about elaborate solutions.

SophiaGrace said:
Frodothelost said:
i feel different. i feel heart tug sometimes .
feels like i have no long life.
i realize mixed feeling of happiness and sadness in me
i'm ok
i feel alone but i give smile
im ok `_`

(hugs) It's okay to feel different than I do.

It's good that you can feel some happiness.
*hug back* :( :D im sorry you feel like that dont worry your gonna be ok somedays.

Seeker_2.0 said:
This. The king and the peasant both go to their graves in the end. No matter how you live your life, the end is the same for everyone. There is no reason to fret about goals and success to the point that you forget how to live.
Reminds me of the lyrics to a song. I'll put it 50/50 that you like these guys since you're a Pantera fan... If not, then, well... I'm still jammin this honeysuckle! :D

Lyrics are applicable to theme.

[youtube]HsYzQx1Ib4Q[/youtube]

jd7 said:
Seeker_2.0 said:
This. The king and the peasant both go to their graves in the end. No matter how you live your life, the end is the same for everyone. There is no reason to fret about goals and success to the point that you forget how to live.
Reminds me of the lyrics to a song. I'll put it 50/50 that you like these guys since you're a Pantera fan... If not, then, well... I'm still jammin this honeysuckle! :D

Lyrics are applicable to theme.

[youtube]HsYzQx1Ib4Q[/youtube]

They're my words, but thanks:D

And yeah, I like FFDP :cool:

Happens all the time with me but strange thing is it happens right after I have enjoyed some cheerful moments with closed ones' .

PenDragon said:
Happens all the time with me but strange thing is it happens right after I have enjoyed some cheerful moments with closed ones' .

Maybe those cheerful moments remind you of what you don't have?

SophiaGrace said:
PenDragon said:

umm something like that but i again felt that.

SophiaGrace said:
PenDragon said:

Spot on. Does anyone have some sort of Magical Spell or something that can make it go away in a flash cause these feeling really put me the in loneliness mode.

I do feel empty sometimes and it happens when I feel lonely. So, I think it's related to my loneliness. It feels like there is a lot to be filled inside my heart but the strange thing is that I don't really know what I am missing. I have nothing to complain about my life, yet that feeling of emptiness comes and goes.

SophiaGrace said:
I'm just wondering, is this part and parcel of being lonely, or something else? I can't seem to shake it. It's like something is missing inside of me, like an empty or partially filled stomach. But if I had to pinpoint where the feeling resides, it resides in my chest, rather than my stomach. This has been going on for at least a decade, if slightly more.

Anyone else have this empty feeling inside them, or is it just me?

The void is in everyone. You ever hear someone talk about trying to fill a hole in their lives? That's the emptiness you feel, that's what they are talking about.

Everyone has it, no matter how happy they are, it's universal to all people. It's just part of life.

I'm sorry to hear that, Sophia. :( Yes, I feel that emptiness inside me many times, I feel like it's always there, more or less. It's ''nothingness'' in you, literally just like an endless void.

SophiaGrace said:
I'm just wondering, is this part and parcel of being lonely, or something else? I can't seem to shake it. It's like something is missing inside of me, like an empty or partially filled stomach. But if I had to pinpoint where the feeling resides, it resides in my chest, rather than my stomach. This has been going on for at least a decade, if slightly more.

Anyone else have this empty feeling inside them, or is it just me?

I think life in itself is empty, just living doesn't fill us with anything other than existence. We have to find things to fill our lives and our hearts. Hobbies, art, career advancement, travel,volunteer work, books, education, these are the sorts of things I do to try and fill the void. Sometimes, it actually helps.

Still maybe beats working from sunrise to sunset and dieing from exhaustion, dental abscesses and malnutrition at 40 historically think that would be just about right.

Ok soph im gonna give this a shot and hopefully youll hear some of it and it helps you. Its helped me through the years if i didnt know this i wouldnt even be here anymore and i woulda been dead about 20 + years back, but thats a story for another time.

Building meaning in a life is like building a house. You first need a foundation. For me its God and my relationship with him, i base everything i do around that or try to. The second thing is a house needs walls and a roof, for me thats all the skills ive learned through the years on how to deal with life such as not taknig everything including myself too seriously, i use humor a LOT to shield myself from pain, that and poetry and music and books and all the bright places in my heart next to heaven in my imagination in which honestly i live most of the time. Then the house needs furnishings, and treasures to guard or it has no meaning, for me thats my family, my wife, kids and the few true friends ive found through the years, and yes a few of them are online so dont count that completely out, its really rare but it can happen. Then a house needs windows, for me my windows are my faith that things have the possibility of change, i think this ones a big one because if we give up hope that things can get better then it does make it really hard to keep going. When ive been out in the world away from home and the rain and snow and cold has beat me down i go home and just sit in those windows and stare out for hours and its beautiful what i see, it may not exist on this world but i know ill see it one day.

To speak in less parables and metaphor and more plain speak. Id say you can find meaning in everything, as with everything its all about perception of who and where you are. A person who views themselves as not worthy of love, not able to succeed etc is going to do just that, and NOBODY on the planet can change that for that person, its a choice even though it may not feel that way. You can find meaning in everything, the world is filled with it. Albert Einstein said "look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better". If you really look at Gods creation it all works in harmony and i think that's a message to all of us that we cant do this life alone. Its okay to lean on others and ask for help when you fall down, dont try to do it all yourself and carry the weight yourself.

Back to finding meaning, its like i said with the house metaphor you have to take it one step at a time. Id suggest sitting down with a notebook and write down all the things that make you happy, all the things that make you sad, and figure out which ones are worth investing those feelings into. The thing about meaning a lot of people confuse now a days too is that meaningful things make you happy, sometimes they dont, sometimes they make you so miserable you'll want to give up and lay down and die. Love is a good example of this, true love is not easy and its not about attraction at all, its just a quiet decision to care about another human being or a living thing like an animal a plant whatever and to stick to that no matter what.

I find a lot of meaning in music because it helps me feel things i cant put into words correctly, i find meaning in random acts of kindness on the internet when people try to support one another despite what they're dealing with themselves, i find meaning in children's smiles because i remember we were all innocent once and we still have the capacity to believe. Its all cause and effect, you just have to figure out the formula for it.

Sit down, write it all down and figure out what you want out of life and go after it. That is how you find meaning, its not easy, it might not make you happy all the time but its the gods honest truth and how life really works. Sometimes you gotta hurt before you get to happy. Its okay to hurt sometimes, that's important too, it makes us stronger in the long run.

God Bless you Sophia and i hope you find the meaning youre looking for one day, its not as far away as you think btw.

[video=youtube]

I'm sorry you feel like that, I feel empty inside at times. Yes of course. There's times where I have no idea what's going on either. I blink and have no idea where I'm at or what I'm doing. Feel like a alien a lot of the time, I hate it.

Latest posts

Back